“Convenient for travelers”

Ranked #1 of 26 Hotels in Carlisle
Ottawa, Canada
“Convenient for travelers”
Reviewed 15 March 2013

We stayed at this hotel while traveling home from Florida. It was at the meeting point of the PA Turnpike and I-81, about 1 mile off the I-81 but easy to find. We stopped for gas on the way to the hotel and found several more stations in the area--so easy gas for getting away in the morning. This hotel was older but clean and comfortable. Everything was in working order--sink, shower, toilet, heating and air. I liked the bigger fridge in our room because we travel with lunches and like to have the fridge for convenience at night. I believe there were some fast food restaurants but not a lot of choice for eating out. There was a little bit of noise from the truck traffic to an from the Turnpike but nothing that kept us awake. Breakfast was very good (omelet, potatoes, hot oatmeal, waffles, fruit, yogurt, etc.) and the attendant made us feel welcome. I might not stay here again because I didn't like the location but there was nothing wrong with the hotel. It was what you expect from a Hampton Inn.

Stayed March 2013, travelled as a couple
Wayne A, General Manager at Hampton Inn Carlisle, responded to this review, 21 March 2013
Hello Mavis A!

Thanks so much for staying with us! We appreciate you stopping by and reviewing our hotel!

I am glad you were comfortable here and that you enjoyed our breakfast!

Please let us know if you have additional comments or suggestions you would like to share. We are all about Satisfaction Guaranteed.

Thanks so much for your review and thanks also for your business!

Travel Safe!

Hampton Inn Carlisle

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (55)
Pen Argyl, pa
Reviewed 11 March 2013

We recently stayed at the Hampton Inn in Carlisle, PA and would definitely come back again. Everyone was very friendly and eager to help us. We requested an early check in and were able to accommodate us. The rooms were very clean and the bed so comfortable we didn't want to leave. The continental breakfast was amazing and there so much food to eat. We are looking forward to coming back in. Thank you Hampton for making our stay amazing.

Stayed March 2013, travelled as a couple
Wayne A, General Manager at Hampton Inn Carlisle, responded to this review, 31 March 2013
Hello Timothy E!

Thanks so much for staying with us and thanks also for sharing your experience in your review!

I shared your review with the team recently and the were very happy to hear your comments. They work so hard everyday and they love to hear when it pays off with happy guests!

Thank you again and safe travels to you and yours!

Coudersport, Pennsylvania
Reviewed 7 March 2013

I will go back time and again. I have read that people think that it need's updating, and yes maybe it does, but I was completely satisfied. Immediately upon arrival, we were made to feel at home. The staff alway's smiling, offering assistance, giving of their time, 110%. I just couldn't get over the fact that they welcomed our dog,so openly, and made us feel they felt, as we do, he is family too. The food was delicious!! A very nice selection for breakfast, not just cereal and toast. I was made to feel like this was my home away from home. Yes it might need updated, but personality and attitude wise, I hope they never change!!! Thank you.

• Stayed March 2013, travelled with family
Wayne A, General Manager at Hampton Inn Carlisle, responded to this review, 16 March 2013
Hello Judy6254,

Thank you so much for your review and thank you for staying with us!

I am glad that you and your family were comfortable in your home away from home! I shared your review with the staff this week and they were very happy to hear your kind words.

Thanks again and travel safe!

Livonia
Reviewed 3 March 2013 via mobile

Worn and dark needs a little updating. The shower in my room on the 1st floor was hot and cold which is the reason for poor rating. Didn't bother reporting colleagues did not have same problem on second floor?The hardware in the shower was old and loose. The breakfast was good and the staff was friendly.

Stayed March 2013
Wayne A, General Manager at Hampton Inn Carlisle, responded to this review, 6 March 2013
Hello kljes1!

Thank you so much for staying with us and thank you also for posting a review!

I am sorry that you had intermittent hot and cold water in your shower. If you have a moment would you mind messaging me your room number so we can investigate and correct the issue?

Also, please know that we will be undergoing a room renovation in the last quarter of this year. This will freshen up our rooms...we are very excited for this project!

If your travels ever bring you back to the area we would certainly appreciate a second chance! Please reach out to me directly and I will be happy to assist in booking your reservation!

Thanks again for your business and review!

Wayne Ambrose, CHA
Sewickley, Pennsylvania
Reviewed 25 February 2013

The 100% satisfaction or your money back guarantee was a pretty safe bet for the Hampton Inn in Carlisle. I was a little fearful when I first entered the lobby as there was a bit of the old hotel smell, but our room was exceptionally fresh and clean. The beds (2 queen) were quite comfortable and the bed sheets and cover were spotless white. The bathroom was clean and my only wish was that the shower had a hand held nozzle, but that's nit picking. The breakfast was the usual type served at Hampton Inns, which is good with a decent selection, and I was impressed that there was a staff person who stayed the entire time I was there, friendly but not intrusive, offering help if wanted/needed. And she optimized the best thing(s) about this hotel - its staff. From check in to check out they were friendly, helpful and always had a smile, even when there were two things that needed to be done at once and when, while I was checking in, a gentleman had stopped but was not satisfied with the price of the room and expected them to bargain - left in a huff when they wouldn't. We arrived a bit late, and they gave us a recommendation of where to find a close, good and still serving restaurant - and they were right on. The restaurant was the Middlesex Diner, another good bet if you stay in Carlisle. One thing to be careful of we found was that upon exiting the PA Turnpike, our iphone GPS had us turn the wrong way, and then announced we were there when we weren't. It had us in front of a being built other motel and we almost gave up, thinking the Hampton Inn was being renovated. Luckily my husband didn't think that building had the look of a Hampton Inn and so asked directions at a service station. We actually had to back track, then go past the Hampton Inn and do a u-turn so that we could turn into a road leading to it - a bit confusing, but worth the trouble.

• Stayed February 2013, travelled as a couple
Hello Verikoko!

Thanks so much for taking the time to write a review for the Hampton Inn Carlisle and Thanks also for your business!

I will be sure to share your review with our team. They do so much to make sure our guests are comfortable and welcomed and they love to hear from our guests as much as I do!

I am concerned about your ordeal locating our property with your GPS as this seems to be a trend. I intend to get with our e-commerce team to see if there is something we can do to correct the directions. This has been an issue since the township changed the on/off ramps for the turnpike.

Thanks again for your review and we wish safe travels to you and yours!

Wayne Ambrose, CHA
Reviewed 22 February 2013

lovely hotel with warm and friendly staff - breakfast bar was ok, but the staff member working the bar kept it clean and filled with a friendly smile and cheerful greeting - would definitely stay here again when in the area

• Stayed February 2013, travelled with family
Wayne A, General Manager at Hampton Inn Carlisle, responded to this review, 23 February 2013
Hello Donna P!

Thank you so much for your kind words!

Our team will be so excited when I share your review with them this week! They work so hard everyday and they truly love to hear when their efforts and, "Hamptonality" pays off!

Safe travels to you and yours and thank you for your business!

Lakeland, Florida
Reviewed 19 February 2013

This property is some 14 years old. It has been maintained immaculately. When most mainline properties would probably have been converted to a Quality Inn or HoJo this one is still bright and shiny. However, the age shows in some ways good and bad. The old inconvenient v-shaped corner vanity in bathroom remains, but the larger rooms than newer HI's are a plus. Bed was comfortable, but heating system was very poor (on a night w/temps near freezing) -- either on and roasting you or off and freezing you, nothing in between. Breakfast was one of the best we have enountered ever. Staff were helpful. Automated computer check-in is strange.

On balance, with some definite positives and some definite negatives, it is a toss-up whether to stay here.

Room Tip: Opt for a room on back side away from US 11, very quiet.