“Wonderful stay!”

Ranked #1 of 26 Hotels in Carlisle
Oneonta, New York
“Wonderful stay!”
Reviewed 7 August 2013 via mobile

There's not one thing I can say about this hotel that I wasn't very happy with! The beds are amazing, the rooms are immaculate, and the breakfast was fantastic! But the one thing that really left an impression on me was the customer service. This place definitely hires the right people! They were pleasant and helpful. And they definitely went above and beyond to ensure I was comfortable and happy with my stay. If I could rate this even higher, I would! :)

• Stayed June 2013
1 Thank Peggy M
Wayne A, General Manager at Hampton Inn Carlisle, responded to this review, 8 August 2013
Hello Peggy M,

Thank you so very much for your kind words! Our team will be so happy to hear your comments!

Thanks also for your business and for taking the time to write a review as it is a good way to know what we are doing right and what we need to improve on as a team!

We wish you safe travels and hope to see you again if your travels bring you to the Carlisle area in the future!

Hampton Inn Carlisle

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (55)
Weaverville, North Carolina, USA
Reviewed 3 August 2013

Though I rely on Hampton Inns to be a safe "go to" for road trip hotels, this one swayed my allegiance. There was a loud tailgate party in the parking lot when my children and I arrived exhausted at 11:30, and the reception staff was unprofessional. The room was too warm and there were no thermostats to adjust temperature. The toilet clogged immediately and the blankets for the rollaway and pullout couch felt damp and were very worn. Overall, the room at $189 a night plus tax was the worst value we have ever experienced, and we are long time Hilton travelers.

• Stayed August 2013
2 Thank Winniethefred
Wayne A, General Manager at Hampton Inn Carlisle, responded to this review, 7 August 2013
Hello Winniethefred,

Thank you so much for your review and business!

I am so sorry that you experienced a series of troubles during your stay. Please accept my deepest apologies.

I will be sure to share this with my team as these issues could and should have been addressed during your time with us.

Thank you again for brining these items to my attention...we truly appreciate the feedback as it helps us to improve to provide better service and product.

Watkins Glen, New York
Reviewed 31 July 2013

We had scheduled this as our midway stop to Harrisonburg so just needed a clean and comfy room to sleep and shower in. This hotel did all that. Convenient to I-81. Breakfast was good and free (except the fruit). Hubby and daughter had a premade western omelette staff was very friendly and helpful. Room was clean albeit a little outdated and probably needing some updating and fresh paint, tile grout etc...but all in all very nice.

Room Tip: They placed us on first floor it was quiet and convenient.
  • Stayed July 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank tigtink
Hello tigtink,

Thank you for staying with us and thanks also for taking the time to write a review!

Our team will be so happy to hear that you were at home here with us!

Thanks for traveling!

Huntsville, Alabama
Reviewed 29 July 2013

We stayed at this Hampton Inn for a wedding in Carlisle. Our room was clean and quiet throughout the evening. The breakfast was good in the morning, with an attendant constantly assisting when necessary. The staff was friendly/helpful and I would have no issues staying here again.

Stayed July 2013, travelled with family
Hello BerryBaklava!

Thank you so much for your review and business!

We are so happy to hear that your stay was a success! I will share your review with the team...they love to hear when their hard work pays off!

Safe travels to you and yours!

Savannah, Georgia
Reviewed 26 July 2013

I stayed at this Hampton several times in the past year on business to the Carlisle, PA and found myself consistently disappointed. As a diamond member of the Hilton Honors program I am very familiar with Hampton Inns and what to expect. Normally, my stays meet my expectations (relatively inexpensive, clean, comfortable rooms, easy check in/out, responsive service).

Unfortunately, I would have to rate this particular Hampton Inn as poor on every category I mentioned above. After approximately 30 stays at this location during 2012-13 I have decided to no longer stay at this location.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled on business
2 Thank USMAGRAD
Hello USMAGRAD,

Thank you for your review. Thanks also for your business!

We sincerely apologize for all of the issues you encountered during your time with us. We genuinely appreciate your business and we will be addressing your concerns with our team.

Again, we apologize for all of the inconveniences and if there is anything we can do for you, please let us know.

Reviewed 25 July 2013

I have stayed at the Hampton in different locations throughout the US. I usually travel alone so safety is always on my mind. The Hampton never has failed in providing the best service for each customer. It's cleaniliness, safety and the friendliness of employees never vary from location to location. I highly recommend the Hamton or other Hilton hotels. Best in value and experience.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled solo
Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Hello R B!

Thanks so much for your review! Thanks also for your business and loyalty!

I am so glad our hotel was a good fit for you in your travels! I am also glad to hear that our team took good care of you during your visit! I will share this review with them.

Thanks again for staying with us and we wish you safe travels to you and yours!

San Francisco, California
Reviewed 18 July 2013

We regularly stay in Carlisle, and the Hampton Inn really sets a standard for all hotels to meet. Having stayed all over the world, we know that the 5 star designation doesn't always ensure a good experience.

But the Hampton Inn in Carlisle is meticulous--pool immaculate, temperature right, the bedrooms gleaming, linens fresh. Jacuzzi is lovely. The lady in charge of the breakfast buffet runs a beautiful operation. People always friendly and helpful.

We often laugh about it--it is like a fancy spa on the cheap! And you can walk across the street to the truck stop--24 hour dining with the truckers--what an experience.

Room Tip: Ask for the back, looks over the fields of corn. Just like a Wyeth.
  • Stayed May 2013, travelled with family
Wayne A, General Manager at Hampton Inn Carlisle, responded to this review, 19 July 2013
Hello Virginian52!

Thank you so much for your review and kind words! Our team will be so happy to hear your review!

We take pride in our property as well as the service we provide to our guests and each other and it is nice to hear when it pays off!

Thanks again for your business and we wish safe travels to you and yours!