“Cookies were great!”

Ranked #1 of 27 Hotels in Carlisle
Sandy, United States
“Cookies were great!”
Reviewed 1 December 2013

The front desk was very friendly. Service to get repairs made to broken items in the bathroom was lacking...non-existent. The cookies they served in the evening were great!!! Hallways were very loud and noisy early in the morning at 5:30 am, my first morning. The other two mornings were fine.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Wayne A, General Manager at Hampton Inn Carlisle, responded to this review, 2 December 2013
Hello Ed B!

Thank you so much for staying with us and thanks for posting your reivew!

I am glad that our front desk team provided friendly service during your stay and I am glad you enjoyed the cookies!

I am sorry for the early morning disturbance and lack of maintenance in your room. I will be sure to address this with my team to see where the disconnect is as it should have been addressed the day it was reported. Please accept my apologies.

Thanks again for your businsess!

At your Service,

Wayne Ambrose

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (57)
Melville, New York
Reviewed 23 November 2013

We always stay at this Hampton Inn on our way home from Knoxville. The rooms are always well equipped and spacious. We always ask for a microwave and refrigerator so we get a bigger room. The free cookies are always super delicious! The exercise room is a big plus for me. If there is a problem of any kind, they take care of it right away. Love the large bathrooms, fluffy towels, and lots of light in the room. They have large flat screen tv;s, comfy pillows and fluffy comforters. It's the right place for us!

Room Tip: Ask for a microwave and refrigerator to get a larger room.
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
Wayne A, General Manager at Hampton Inn Carlisle, responded to this review, 24 November 2013
Hello racingdiva!

Thank you so much for your loyalty and return business! Thanks also for posting a review!

I am glad that our hotel is a good fit for you in your travels to and from Knoxville and let it be known that...I too love the cookies!

I am happy that our new fitness room, "worked out" well for you as well!

I will be sure to share your review with our team....thanks again for taking the time to review our property!

Reviewed 23 November 2013

This hotel is what you would expect from any Hampton Inn. Check in is quick and easy and the staff is courteous, especially the lady that attends to breakfast. She has been wonderfully pleasant on the two occasions that I have stayed.The lobby and breakfast area have been remodeled to Hampton's latest design. Rooms are typical with desk, flat panel TV, fridge, etc. The beds are comfortable, but I do wish they would offer larger, "traditional" sized, pillows. Bathrooms have yet to be remodeled and are a bit cramped (compared to newer hotels) and dated. I recommend a room on the back facing the field. Hot breakfast is decent though I stick with oatmeal or fruit. Access to the hotel is not direct, but is attained by turning at the intersection by the truck stop.

Room Tip: The back of the hotel faces a field, where as the front faces the parking lot and road.
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled on business
Hello FNadeau,

Thank you so very much for staying with us TWICE and THANK YOU for taking the time to write a review! I will be sure to share your review with my team. They do such a good job and I am proud to be part of Team Hampton Inn Carlisle.

We are very excited to say that we will be renovating the guest rooms and bathrooms over the next few months so our dated bathroom look will be updated as well as our guest rooms.

Lastly, thank you for the tip regarding the back of the building! Many people like that view and ask for it upon arrival. Thanks also for the tip on accessing the hotel as it can be confusing given that we are adjacent to the PA Turnpike entrance and Interstate 81.

Thanks again for staying with us and thanks again for posting your review as we consider this information invaluable to a us as well as our future guests!

Charlottesville, Virginia
Reviewed 22 November 2013

Like all Hampton Inns, and Hilton family hotels, we had a pleasant stay. Check-in was quick, the room was decent, and breakfast was great. I did think the bathroom was a bit tight and a little out-dated, but that's just my opinion.

For travelers to consider:
1. As a Hilton Honors member my profile states that I want a room on a high floor and away from the elevators. When i check-in I was told they couldn't fill that request (not sure why) and that I would be on the first floor right next to the lobby. I was in room 105 which is next to the office and check-in counter. The biggest downside was listening to the night employees go in and out of the office all night long. Just like hotel room doors, the office door slammed all night. The other downside of this room is you are next to the front door of the hotel and can hear car doors and conversations of everyone coming and going. If you get assigned room 105, ask for a different one.

Room Tip: Do not choose room 105. It's next to the check-in counter and employee office. It's loud.
  • Stayed November 2013, travelled with family
Hello Christopher R,

Thanks so much for your stay and thanks also for your review!

I am glad check in was quick and breakfast was, "Great" and I am sorry about the size and outdated bathroom. Please know we will be renovating the guest rooms and guest baths starting in December of this year so we hope this problem is addressed.

I am concerned that my team did not accommodate your HHonors requests regarding, "High Floor" and "Away From Elevators" as we typically do our best to block rooms according to HHonors requests. I will speak with my team about this so that it does not happen in the future. I do apologize.

Thanks again for your business and loyalty and I wish You and Yours safe travels!

Charlotte, United States
Reviewed 19 November 2013

Very clean hotel, staff was great. The room was very clean, bed comfortable. They were awesome to my dog, even had a treat waiting for him when we arrived. Lots of walking space for puppy breaks. Highly recommended! :)

• Stayed November 2013, travelled solo
Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Wayne A, General Manager at Hampton Inn Carlisle, responded to this review, 22 November 2013
Hello Rebecca C,

Thank you so much for your business and thanks also for your kind words in your review!

We are so glad that our hotel was a good fit for you and your furry traveler! I will share this review with my team!

Fredericton, New Brunswick, Canada
Reviewed 18 November 2013

This is the second time we have stayed in Carlisle at the Hampton Inn - we registered on line and were welcomed by pleasant, courteous, helpful staff. They answered all our travel questions and made sure we were comfortable.
The entrance into the property was not well lit ans should be attended to.
Good value good breakfast will stay again

• Stayed November 2013, travelled with friends
1 Thank Gordon S
Wayne A, General Manager at Hampton Inn Carlisle, responded to this review, 19 November 2013
Hello Gordon S!

Thank you so much for staying with us! We do appreciate the repeat business! Thanks also for taking the time to post a review on Tripadvisor!

I am happy to hear that my team provided pleasant and courteous service! I will pass on your comments to the team!

I will be sure to check our outdoor lighting...thank you for brining this to my attention!

I wish you and yours safe travels!

Upper Saint Clair, Pennsylvania
Reviewed 17 November 2013 via mobile

I feel very confident staying at Hampton Inn's. Rooms are clean! Linens fresh. The bathroom could use an update, but it was clean! Breakfast bar always nice and clean. Lobby area nice. Hampton Inn are always reliable. This is a good choice for a hotel stay.

Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple
Wayne A, General Manager at Hampton Inn Carlisle, responded to this review, 18 November 2013
Hello MyAkitaBear!

Thanks so much for your loyalty to Hampton and thanks also for your business and review for our property!

We are so glad to hear that you were comfortable and welcomed! We are also glad that you enjoyed the breakfast while you were here!

We are aware of our dated guest bathrooms and will soon be entering into a full room renovation to update the rooms and guest bathrooms! We are very very excited!

Thanks again for staying and connecting through Tripadvisor! We do appreciate the input!