“Excellent service and facility”

Econo Lodge Carlisle
Ranked #13 of 27 Hotels in Carlisle
Reviewed 4 August 2014

We were very impressed with this mid range priced motel that had recently been renovated. The accessable room was very clean and had a lot of room, even with a king sized bed, so that she could easily navigate in and out of the toilet with her wheel chair. More impressive was the demeanor of the clerk who checked in his, it was clear to us that he was very proud to represent the choice brand and he was so polite, a real credit to this motel. I highly recommend this motel and deserves a higher rating

Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple
EconoLodge C, General Manager at Econo Lodge Carlisle, responded to this reviewResponded 4 April 2015

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your kind words. Here at the Econo Lodge Carlisle, we are committed to provide nice comfortable accommodations at an affordable price. Your words of encouragement go a long way in keeping our staff motivated to work even harder and make sure we can provide excellent customer service to each and every guest.

Once again, we sincerely appreciate your stay with us and look forward to your visit with us again soon!

Best regards,
SB
Econo Lodge Carlisle

Reviewed 28 July 2014 via mobile

We were traveling and decided to stay at an ecomo lodge in Carlisle PA. The bath tub was filthy. I had to wash the tub before showering... In the morning we found the rug to be stained...we were traveling with my 90 year old mother in law or we would have left,.. The window was so dirty you couldn't see out of it.....so room 104 at the econo lodge is not a nice place to stay

Stayed: July 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed 24 July 2014 via mobile

This is the little budget motel that does. A little thin in the carpets but clean and a very helpful staff. Bedding is firm, pillows average. A/C puts out like a champ. Shower is hot and the massage head really works. Put in a wake up call and it came through on time.

Only one negative - it is close to the interstate so if you don't run the a/c you'll definitely hear it.

So if you need a place to crash for the night and don't need high end trimmings, I recommend it. And also, find an internet rate, call them directly and see if they'll beat it. They'll do their best to give you a deal.

Stayed: July 2014, travelled solo
1  Thank green_chile_warrior
Reviewed 23 July 2014

Overall it was a comfortable stay. This hotel is broken up into 2 styles. There is the 3-story enclosed hotel, then there are a couple 2-story exterior motel buildings in the back. I stayed in one of the motel buildings and wondered the whole time, if the rooms in the hotel were nicer. Over 3 days, there were 2 points in which there was little hot water. Also the A/C leaked and the carpet all around the front door was wet. I wasn't in the room much, so it didn't bother me much. The Bed was comfy and the A/C did blow cold air, so I was happy. The front desk was friendly and the breakfast did look decent, but did not eat there.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 6 July 2014 via mobile

NOT the worst hotel ever but could use a little work. Suited our needs. Was very quiet! Plenty of hot water! AC worked awesome!! Good nights rest! Extremely polite staff! Gentleman checking us in at midnight was super nice and very helpful!!

Stayed: July 2014
Reviewed 4 July 2014 via mobile

We were actually across the street at another hotel ready to check in and we used an app on the phone to find nearby hotels because we weren't even considering going to Econolodge!

However, the prices so much lower than the building look kind of knew that we thought we would come over and take a look. We were but it's a brand-new hotel looks as nice as a Hampton Inn! The bathroom is one of those rounded shower curtains and the king bed was ver nice.

MAKE SURE you talk to Bandy at the front desk and ask for a discount on a nicer room. We were going to get the 2 queen bed room but he had this nicer room with fridge etc and gave it for $5 more at $59. Great deal!!!

Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank KarlMessner
Reviewed 30 April 2014

On an OTR business trip I encountered this property and decided on this even though there were a half-dozen hotels/motels in the area. What first caught my eye was the exterior decor which made it stand out from the others. Secondly, it was easily accessible from the highway with plenty of parking for my truck. And finally, it was just 1/4 mile from the Blue Beacon Truck Wash which is what brought me here. I was quoted a "professional driver" discount which was the lowest I have encountered so far this year. I was offered a room away from the busy traffic with easy access to my truck. Room was recently "remodeled" which was not easily apparant but it was roomy, clean and comfortable with all the amenities a professional driver would need. Restaurants nearby and convenience store across the street. Complimentary paper and breakfast in the AM. Exactly what I needed for a very reasonable price. I would stay here again and don't feel a need to "shop around" for a better deal in Carlisle, PA. Tichiganblues

Room Tip: Both Hotel and Motel rooms available. Recommend rooms facing away from traffic on busy road.