Fairfield Inn & Suites Carlisle
US$117
US$113
TripAdvisor
Very Good 4/5
Days Inn Carlisle South(Carlisle)(Great Value!)
US$82
US$130
HIExpress.com
Very Good 4/5
All reviewsfront deskusa todaygreat pet policyfinal billlocal newspaperclean and friendly hotelroom was cleanmarriott brandalexander springssmall deskhot tuboff the highwaysofa bedfresh fruitbagelsspent one night heredickinson college
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 17 April 2012

We frequently travel up and down the East Coast to visit family members, so have developed, over time, a set of motel preferences based on the provision of consistent quality at our preferred price point. Accordingly, we tend to stay at Hampton Inns, Fairfield Inns, and occasionally at Comfort or Quality Inns, Holiday Inn Expresses, and some--but not all--Best Westerns. On our most recent trip, we were traveling northward on I-81, checked the map for our best evening location, landed on Carlisle, and called ahead to the Fairfield Inn located there, booking a room with a king bed. Upon arrival, we were told that the particular room we had ordered was no longer available. No problem, however: we would be upgraded to a suite at the same price. One can hardly complain about this! We spent a most enjoyable evening, with our usual Fairfield Inn expectations being fully met, and departed the next morning with continued positive feelings about this particular chain.

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 9 April 2012

I have no fault with the hotel itself; staff very helpful and pleasant, room clean, bed comfy, great breakfast, just as the other reviewers have indicated. However it is very near the Interstate and I had difficulty sleeping due to the constant passing of the semi trailers all night long. I’m not normally that light a sleeper but this was too noisy for me. It might have been the side of the building that my room was on so make sure you ask for the quiet side if there is one. Perhaps ear plugs are in order.

Room Tip: Ask for a room that does not back on the Interstate.
  • Stayed: March 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 7 April 2012

This is not my first time to Carlisle for business, however, this was my first stay at the Fairfield. I chose it as it is a non-smoking hotel, had good ratings, and was only 3-4 minutes from my work on Allen Road in Carlisle. I was pleased with the choice and would stay here again next visit.

This place is clean, with contemporary decor. I had a double queen room on the "west" side of the building. The room was nice size, and I appreciated the different layout of the bathroom - it didn't seem like all the fixutres were crowded together and no tripping over the toilet to exit the shower. Good water pressure.

I missed having a refrigerator in the room though, not sure if other level rooms would offer this or not. I had no issues with the A/C unit, worked great. Hair dryer was in the closet with iron.

I did hear the highway noise a bit, however if you ran the fan constantly, you'd never hear it. However, it was not bothersome to me and I'm a picky sleeper. Also, the blackout drapes worked like they should.

The front desk staff were helpful in accomodating my request for a room farther from the elevators and also helpful with directions and just friendly conversation = hospitable!

The treadmills tripped the breaker one evening, They were on it right away to fix the issue once I notified them. The exercise room is small, but perhaps seems smaller because of the full sized treadmills (2) and eliptical unit. Also had free weights for those included.

Breakfast was included. They had jimmy dean microwave sandwiches (which I did not try) but 4 cereal choices, several pastry items, juice, fresh fruit as well as individual cups of natural fruit in the fridge, coffee was surprisingly good too. I also REALLY appreciated the single serving size for the Milk. Having milk in pitchers grosses me out, but these were the kind you got as a kid in the cafeteria. Good move there...also they had the waffle maker and bagels available. Quite sufficient for me.

I'm glad I made the switch to the Fairfield.

PS...restaurants to try: Market Cross Pub (downtown), Rillo's (east side) and Cassell's Grille in Mt. Holly Springs, a short 15 minute drive away. There are other great places downtown. While being closer to the eateries would be nice, I preferred this hotel to those downtown for the modern and proper working amentities that seemed to be problematic at other hotels.

Room Tip: rooms on the west side get the most sun in the afternoon. East side get the morning sun.
  • Stayed: April 2012, travelled on business
Reviewed 25 March 2012

Just driving north and needed a spot to rest my head for the night and this fit the bill nicely. Comfy beds and plenty of feather pillows, good selection for breakfast including coffee, juices, fresh fruit, make-your-own waffles, microwaveable egg sandwiches and pastries.

Location was convenient to I-81 but no restaurants within walking distance.

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled solo
Reviewed 13 November 2011

My wife, son and I visited Carlisle recently and we were very pleased with our stay. The staff was friendly and efficient. Our room was clean, the climate control was accurate, the beds were comfortable, and the hotel was quiet throughout the night. The property is relatively new and in a quiet area of town. We were convenient to I-81, but not so close that it disturbed our night's sleep. The property is new. The hotel is about 10 minutes from historic downtown Carlisle and Dickinson College.

Breakfast was provided with the room, a self-serve breakfast buffet with an assortment of breakfast breads, fresh fruit, yogurt, hard boiled eggs, make-it-yourself waffles, microwaveable breakfast sandwiches, juices, milk, tea and coffee. There's more than enough here to satisfy anyone's taste for breakfast. All items were fresh and were kept well-stocked by staff.

• Stayed: November 2011, travelled with family