“Best little motel in the area”
Review of Stardust Motel

Stardust Motel
We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Carlisle
Stardust Motel
Ranked #17 of 27 Hotels in Carlisle
Reviewed 16 July 2013

Have stayed here many times and have never been dissapointed. We often go to the races while we are here, There are many local track not to far away, Williams Grove is 15 minutes away, Lincoln Speedway is 30 minutes, Selinsgrove is about an hour or less. I is to bad trip advisor doesn't rate race tracks. But this Motel is the heart and home of our stay in carlisle, pa. Carol is always there for us. Highly recommend to stay if your in the area

Room Tip: Air conditioned, close to everything there is a lot to see around the area
  • Stayed: July 2013, travelled as a couple
8  Thank Tabitha B

Reviewed 9 July 2013

We stayed here for our vacation to Gettysburg, the rate was great and only a half hour ride from Carlisle per the mamager Carol's directions, the rates in and around Gettysburg were unreal....This vintage motel is great, the Manager Carol is wonderful, friendly and nice to talk to, Mary, head of housecleaning is great kept our room clean and supplied. This motel reminded me of when I was a little girl going to Florida with my parents, we stayed all the way down and all the way back in Motels just like this, small, clean, back off the road, lights up the driveway, all over the parking lot and inbetween fields of green grass. We even got out our lawn chairs and sat in the grass, how nice is that...the manager lives here so she doesnt' put up with abuse or disturbances of any kind, they get repeat business all the time and they have one more couple to add to there list, I will be back. Thanks Carol for a peacful rest.

Linda

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled as a couple
5  Thank linmag202
Reviewed 9 July 2012

Those who appreciate well-kept, charming, vintage motels will LOVE this place. I have stayed here every July (Chrysler Nationals) for years now, and wouldn't hear of staying elsewhere. The attentive owner/manager treats you like an old friend, and doesn't let riff-raff in, so you'll have peace & quiet. Thankfully, rooms have been only updated when necessary for comfort, yet haven't lost any of their original charm. Knotty pine paneling is cozy, yet the up-to-date AC keeps you cool, a blessing this past weekend when temps got near 100 outside..... TV's have LOTS of channels, but I don't usually watch much......

There a small fridge to keep beverages (and a snack for breakfast) in. If you need coffee first thing though, bring a kit. There IS counter space and a place to plug it in. Bathrooms are of an older style, but clean, clean, clean. The Hyatt probably has thicker towels, but these do the job just fine, and you get plenty of them. Vanity/sink is OUTSIDE the bathroom, which is nice when you have more than one guest. I think there is internet access, but I haven't tried it. This is the kind of place I come to for getting AWAY from all that anyway.....

Although not RIGHT IN Carlisle, it's nice situated on the south end of it, near I-81. You're out of the hustle, but nearby. Perfect location for attending car shows, as you head towards the fairgrounds from the south end with significantly less of a back-up. No restaurants you can walk to here, but many are within a very short drive, and several places deliver. It sits up on a hill above Holly Pike, so there's no road noise, and sometimes a breeze in the evening.

The Stardust is especially nice to regulars, I have a "standing" reservation here, and they never demand a credit card number in advance. Rates are always reasonable.

Just watch for the red neon "MOTEL" sign above the road on Holly Pike, and if you're arriving after 11 PM, they'll "leave the light on for you."

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled solo
9  Thank mjeffersondc
Reviewed 23 April 2012

The Stardust Motel is great! It is an older roadside style motel that sits up on a hill in a beautiful area just south of Carlisle, PA. It is a mom and pop operation and the owners are very nice. They live there, so it is their home and they don't put up with any loud and crazy teenagers or other disturbances. This place is quiet and peaceful and wonderful. It is old and the furniture and fixtures are old, so if you only like brand new go somewhere else. But if you want a unique, back-in-time experience in a beautiful, quiet setting, then you can't go wrong here. And it's a fantastic deal!! The rates are so affordable that you can afford to get two rooms if you have more than two adults. This place was clean as a whistle...no dirt, no dust, no hairs. I even let my toddler sit down in the bathtub without putting a towel down first (which is what I always do in chain hotels). Also they have new mini fridges which are bigger than most hotels. But be aware that there are no microwaves or hair dryers. The shower was fantastic with hot water the whole time and great water pressure. One of the best things about this motel is that there are no steps or stairs so it is easier for people with knee problems or mobility issues. Also you park right in front of your room so it's very convenient to just unload your luggage into your room. The bed mattresses are very comfortable and springy...something like your grandmother would have at her house, not like the hard-as-rock hotel mattresses bought in bulk. We loved the Stardust Motel, hope to make it back one day, and highly recommend it to others. And the town of Carlisle was very pretty and had a neat downtown area. Fantastic experience overall!

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled with family
7  Thank thescholargipsy
Reviewed 8 April 2012

I was going back and forth between this place and a motel 6. Glad I chose this place. The owner is very attentive and makes sure there is no ruckus going on in any of the rooms. I think she rents out the back half of the motel which is a separate unit in the back, and keeps the front half for daily stays. Everything was clean and the motel rates were quite affordable. They also have internet access.

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled solo
4  Thank NYDiners
Reviewed 18 January 2011

My husband, son and I had stayed here before and we liked it because the price was good ($40 a night for the 2 full sized beds in the room ). Later however, when we stayed a weekend in November, the owner said that because of fire rules, our party consisting of 4 adults (our grown son had brought a friend) that we would have to get 2 rooms with 2 full sized beds. We were tired and there wasn't an available option close by so I took it. The first night we were there the leg on the frame of my son's bed snapped right off as he sat up to get out of his bed. I told them in the office and they said that they would fix it by placing phonebooks under that corner of the bed as they did for the other rooms when this occured. My advice is that if you have no more than 3 people in your party and you want a plain jane room that is a low price, this would probably do fine. Just remember that this is the basics only. There is no coffee pot, hair dryer, toiletries or swimming pool. There is a tiny chest freezer located outside of the office that you have to open and bang the frozen clump of ice cubes with a small cup located inside the freezer to fill your ice bucket. Also ask if it is a Carlyle Car Show weekend as the rates jump to $90+ dollars per room. If it's just my husband and I, we might stay again at the $40 price for one night but if we have more people in our party or it's a car show weekend, we'll drive the distance from Mechanicsburg and stay at a 3 star motel for less than $90 while having all the amenities such as free breakfast and a heated indoor pool where the 4 of us can stay in the same 2 full size bed room.

• Stayed: November 2010, travelled with family
5  Thank gogranny60
Reviewed 5 March 2009

I found some positive reviews of this motel elsewhere, and thought I'd give it a shot. I love older motels for their uniqueness and low price. This is one of the nicer ones I've ever stayed at.

We paid a very reasonable rate, about $45, and got a clean and quiet room. The furnishings are new enough, and the room was very clean. The bathroom is small but clean, and there's a funky '60s vanity outside. It took us a while to figure out the baseboard heaters, but they got the room nice and toasty by the time we got back from dinner. I also liked the little neon star on their sign.

The motel is some distance from Carlisle, but you're about a 10 minute drive, and you're very close to Mt. Holly Springs, which is where we had dinner, and breakfast the next morning.

• Stayed: November 2008, travelled as a couple