“Go Elsewhere T Be Happy” 2 of 5 bubbles
Review of Hotel Carlisle

Hotel Carlisle
Ranked #26 of 27 Hotels in Carlisle
Carlisle, Pennsylvania
“Go Elsewhere T Be Happy”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 July 2013

Family came to visit us in the area and are staying there now. The greeting they received was not friendly. They have no tissues and the management says they are ordering them...they have very poor lighting in the rooms and can't enjoy reading. The café was closed, so no coffee. Bits of paper littered one room and the rooms are not fresh. The soap broke into little pieces on use. One good thing is that the rooms are spacious.

• 2 of 5 bubbles

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (55)
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 July 2013

Couldn't get a hotel in Gettysburg due to it being July 4th weekend, so I looked in Carlisle. This place had rooms available (now I know why), so I booked it for me, my husband and my stepson. The customer service was below average, the key cards to get into your rooms didn't work, and the entire hotel smelled old and musty. BUT THE WORST part was the cleanliness/upkeep of the rooms. Baseboards all cracked/peeling, mold in corners and along the edges of the carpet, the bedsheets had stains on them, the pillows smelled of old sweat and body oils, items in the bathroom were broken and hanging, and there were water stains/calcium buildup in the sinks and shower. The only reason we ended up staying was because of the July 4th weekend and no other hotels were available last minute. It was disgusting and we couldn't get out of there fast enough. I didn't even take a shower because I was so grossed out.

Room Tip: Go to another hotel and then you'll find a good room. There are no good rooms here.
    • 1 of 5 bubbles

Travellers are raving about these Carlisle hotels

COBOURG
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 July 2013

While attending various car shows in Carlisle I have stayed in this hotel before but not again until they make some substantial expenditures to improve the facility and the maintenance.

The minor annoyance; stayed three times in the past 12 months and no internet in the room. Call the office and they will 'reset the modem'. It does not come on. Walked the whole hall in my wing and never once has internet access. My ipad was logging onto the network I could see the 'beacon' system it just had no link to the internet. They called in their IT expert and still no access. I need internet when I travel for work and family and you simply cannot get it at this Hotel. With this problem existing for almost 12 months obviously ownership does not care.

While checking in two quests who were already checked in were there to complain about bugs in their room. On guest even brought one of the bugs he had killed. They were looking for new rooms. When I checked into my room I pulled all the sheets back and gave the beds a good look. I did not see anything then but I did miss catching a large crawler in the bathroom a while later.

No kleenex in the room. Both dispensers empty not even an empty box.

Later that day after returning to the room I decided to take a shower to cool down. I found the shower filthy and neglected. Not a day or week of neglect but months. look at the photo and draw your own conclusions. When I turned on the shower I found it only had hot water, very hot water. Not a drop of cold. A call to the front desk and the standard 'we will have naintenance look into it'. It was fairly late so I did not expect anybody that night.

The next morning on my way out to the car show I stopped at the front desk and reminded them I had no internet and not cold water in the shower. I asked for the manager to call me. They never did.

Returned late that night and no change, no note and no message. We stayed for the night as no rooms were available at local hotels. The women at the desk listened to my complaints and noted I was leaving a day early. I said I would take my chances finding a room somewhere else. I asked for a discount and she offerd 25% as that was her limit.

Save yourself the time, aggravation and sleepless nights, avaoid the Hotel Carlisle

Room Tip: Sleep in your car. Flying J across the road has showers and internet that work.
  • Stayed July 2013, travelled with friends
phillipsburg, nj
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 July 2013

We booked through Expedia which we never had a problem with ever and we have travelled a lot. This hotel was booked through them and we are still trying to get a hold of them for assistance. We got there at 1000 PM more than enough time for them to make sure the room was ready!!!! It was not READY!!! In fact when we got to the room it was filthy it was never cleaned!!!! There were beers bottles and pizza boxes all over the room and the linens were gone. It smelled like crap on because the bathroom was a mess and never cleaned either. We went back to the front desk they did not even take accountability!!!!! They gave us another room and the same thing beer bottles in the garbage and lets just say we sleep on the bed but not until we covered the bed with our towels! THERE WAS NOTHING ELSE AVAILABLE IN THE AREA! DISGUSTING ! STAY AWAY! The pictures of this hotel must have been in the 70's or 80's when they gave a crap about it! Now its just CRAP!!!!! STAY AWAY!

Room Tip: Please do yourself a favor and just stay away
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 July 2013

Stayed in one of the Carriage House rooms. Pulled my bedspread back, first thing I find is a spider. Want a real fun time? Look at all the sweat and blood stains on your pillows and all the dead and decaying insects under your window ac unit. This place gives off a vibe of past extravagance under horrible current management. What a shame. The management admits shutting power off in certain buildings to save money. I know the carriage house is one of them. My alarm clock is 7 hours off and blinking. The website of this hotel is very very misleading. Would not recommend it to anyone. I ask a couple questions, how hard is it to clean a bedroom/bathroom? Would investing in a weed-water kill you? The end. I wish I could have stayed here 20 years ago.

• Stayed July 2013
Rock Hill, South Carolina
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 July 2013

Our experience with this hotel was dreadful!! Having stayed in Carlisle, PA on the way up to New York, we decided to stay there again on the way back home as it was close to Hershey Park, where we also wanted to visit. We did not stay at the hotel we had stayed at on the trip up (also in Carlisle), as it was less than mediocre as well. We booked a room at the Hotel Carlisle through Orbitz shortly before noon on a weekday in July 2013. That evening we called just to let them know we would be checking in late as we were traveling. We were told by the associate who answered the phone that she did not have time to check our reservation. Long story short, two phone calls later and she would still not check our reservation as she "had her hands full." What kind of hotel answers the phone and says they don't have time to check your reservation? Once we arrived, at 10:30 p.m., we were told they didn't have any rooms. I have not doubt the female associate we spoke with knew, both times that we called, that she didn't have a room for us but she did not bother to tell us that. We told the manager we were willing to take a room with just one bed, as we have just one child and we could make that work. We were exhausted, wet from rides at the amusement park and 8 hours from home. Then they tell us they have a building with rooms but they don't turn the power on in that building unless the need them ?!?! The Gettysburg Reenactment was going on at this time and there were NO other rooms to be found, we had called everywhere. They finally gave us a room in a "carriage house" but after two tries the key card would not work and we could not get into our room. At this time, my child became frightened and did not want to stay there and truth be told, I was very leary myself. The room itself seemed clean and somewhat up to date, but the lobby, while appearing lavish at first glance, had black, moldy looking stuff on the ceiling tiles, ripped and raveling carpet and only one employee that we saw, and we saw four, even had on a hotel uniform shirt. One was walking around barefoot and one was walking around with a small child on her hip at 11:00 p.m. at night. Employees were gathered outside the main front door of the lobby for their "smoke break." It was so unprofessionally run, and very creepy that they had rooms but were telling people they didn't have rooms, except in the buildings where there is usually no power!!. I would never stay in this hotel or this town again. And I would not recommend this hotel to anyone for any reason!!!

Corpus Christi, Texas
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 July 2013

This hotel is a real nightmare. Very Dirty, everything is broken, rude staff, nothing worksa as it should be. This hotel should be shut down by the health department because is absolutely unbelievable. My bathroom has roaches on it and it was completly filthy.

Room Tip: Do not stay in this hotel ever!
  • Stayed July 2013, travelled on business