“Very relaxing”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Carlisle
Red Cardinal Bed and Breakfast
Ranked #5 of 6 Carlisle B&B and Inns
Greensburg, Pennsylvania
“Very relaxing”
Reviewed 14 June 2010

We really enjoyed staying there. The breakfast was delicious and very relaxing eating on their patio. Would deffinately go back.

• Stayed June 2010, travelled as a couple

Business
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (3)
Bethlehem, Pennsylvania
Reviewed 12 June 2010

We ended up here by accident. We were attending the PIAA state Track & Field championship in Shippensburg and need an overnight stay. Another b & b had over-booked a room for us and notified us via an e-mail that a room was not available. I ended up on tripadvisor and found The Red Cardinal B & B. I wish I had more accidental finds!!! We could not have asked for a better experience. In fact, this was our BEST b & b experience to date. Everything was simple perfect!
Food was fresh and delicious, our room was clean, comfortable and quiet, and the location was awesome. This was such a peaceful location!
Bill and Joanne were the perfect hosts. They did a wonderful job making us truly feel welcome. If the weather cooperates, you will really enjoy a sunrise breakfast on the back patio overlooking post-card worthy scenery. Downtown Carlisle is a very short drive away, and our drive to Shippensburg was easy along a beautiful country road.
We are planning to return to do some exploring of Gettsyburg and for some more relaxing.
Highly Recommended!

• Stayed May 2010, travelled as a couple
Massachusetts
Reviewed 10 September 2009

We spent 5 nights at the Red Cardinal and found it to be a great experience. Billy and Joanne were very helpful as we made daily plans for outings. The room was immaculate and comfortable. Cold drinks and homemade cookies were always available. Breakfast each morning was delicious and hearty. The house is in a very scenic area and we enjoyed the walks on country roads. We will definitely make a return visit!

• Stayed September 2009, travelled as a couple
Cumberland
Reviewed 2 August 2009

My two daughters and myself recently traveled to Carlisle, PA to attend their uncle's graduation from the Army War College. Billy, Joanne, and their dog, Molly were wonderful hosts. I mentioned memorable because the girls and myself with their cousins played in the creek nearby . They also provided a jar so my daughters could catch fireflies which was a first for them. They are a wealth of information for the surrounding area and I would so enjoy returning there soon. They were very attentive to our needs and our schedule. We also enjoyed the personal touches from the gifts for myself and the girls along with Billy and Joanne helping me with my bike rack. Thank you.

• Stayed July 2009, travelled with family
Plymouth MA
Reviewed 16 July 2009

Peaceful, quiet, and VERY relaxing atmosphere in a country setting. The room was
very spacious clean, and comfortable to be in. The hosts were most gracious and are two of the nicest people you will ever meet. EXCELLANT TABLEFARE!! I'm sure once you stay at the Red Cardinal B & B you will make a return trip-- I know we will.

D & L Storn Plymouth, MA

• Stayed July 2009, travelled as a couple
Hull, Georgia
Reviewed 8 July 2009

My husband and I recently traveled to Carlisle for the All GM Nationals at the Carlisle Fairgrounds and for some sight-seeing in the area. We had never been to PA, so we were looking for some place rather than a motel chain to stay. I was some skeptical about staying in a B&B, as we had never stayed in one before. Boy, am I glad we did. We could not have asked for better service, atmosphere or hospitality. We felt more like friends or family than guests. Our room was quite lovely and spacious and we had everything we needed to feel right at home. Bill, Joanne and their sweet dog Molly helped to make us feel so special. They catered to our every need. Breakfast was served when we wanted it (not on their schedule) and was so great and plentiful. When they say hearty breakfast, they mean it. I expected juice, muffins, fruit and coffee, but that was just the starters each morning! Every time we mentioned going somewhere or doing something special, they had directions and information printed from the internet in no time flat. Bill and Joanne made us feel genuinely welcome. When we travel to this area again, there is no doubt where we will stay. I highly recommend staying with them if you are anywhere remotely close.

• Stayed June 2009, travelled as a couple
littleton
Reviewed 16 June 2009

I was looking for a room for the big All-Ford Show in Carlisle, PA. After reading some of the poor reviews given to the big motel chains I decided to try a B/B. The Red Cardinal B/B was perfect. It was close to the fair grounds and located on a great, peaceful setting. The room was large and very clean. Breakfast was served when I wanted it and was delicious. Joanne and Bill made me feel like family. The hosts also know all the local events in the area. I will stay again.

• Stayed June 2009, travelled solo