“Great hotel!”

Country Inn & Suites by Radisson, Carlisle, PA
Ranked #5 of 27 Hotels in Carlisle
Reviewed 22 August 2011

We stayed here for an overnight coming back from vacation. The rooms were large and clean, the bathroom had a very large counter which was nice with four of us. The beds were very comfortable. My kids enjoyed the pool and hot tub and the free cookies, and we all enjoyed the hot tea/coffee round the clock. We were on the side away from the highway and it was very quiet. My only complaints are that the doors to the rooms are VERY heavy, it would really hurt if a child got their hand caught in one. And the breakfast area is small and crowded. They were very overwhelmed the morning we were there but worked hard to keep refilling things. The breakfast was ok, the eggs were the powdered kind and the bacon was underdone but there was a variety of stuff (fresh fruit, muffins, cereal, and two waffle makers). We will stay here again!

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled with family

Reviewed 10 July 2011

Accommodations were clean and spacious. The staff was very friendly and helpful. Pool and whirlpool were clean and the perfect temperature. Breakfast was OK... just depends on what you expect. Complimentary cookies, muffins, coffee, tea, and hot chocolate all day and night. Definitely stay there for the next car show!

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled with friends
Reviewed 13 June 2011

Myt sisters and I stayed for one night - our room was clean and spacious, as was the bathroom -- the people who worked there were very friendly -- the breakfast the next morning was great -- and they have 24/7 coffee and tea -- we would definitely stay there again.

Room Tip: Rooms away from the highway
  • Stayed: June 2011, travelled with family
Reviewed 23 April 2011

The hotel is just an average, economy hotel. The problem is it is built literally 50 feet from the highway. One entire side of the hotel faces the highway and the sound from passing trucks is unbelievable. Sounded like we were trying to sleep at a NASCAR race. Requested to be moved but we were informed that the other side of the hotel was completely full.... gee, I wonder why!

Room Tip: Try the fairfield inn across the street.
  • Stayed: April 2011, travelled with family
Reviewed 23 April 2011

This trip was supposed to be just my wife and I but we ended up bringing our 22 month old son. I called the day before we were supposed to check in (We got the room very reasonably on priceline) and spoke to someone from the front desk and I asked if there were any suites available so my son could sleep in his own room and we wouldn't wake him up when we went to bed or watched TV.. She said there was nothing she could do on the phone, but just tell the clerk that we spoke to her and it'll be no problem to just put us in a bigger room. We went to check in and the guy at the desk after we told him the above typed on the computer and said oh sorry we don't have any suites available. My wife baby and I went to the room ate our dinner and my wife looked on the website and saw that there were indeed at least 4 suites available. I went back down asked the guy to look again as we were on their site and he made up some kind of excuse charged me twenty bucks and upgraded us.

After that hicup the hotel was fantastic, we were on the highway side but I am a heavy sleeper so it didn't bother me. Very comfortable bed impeccably clean room and really nice and warm pool. Great hotel however if you are a very light sleeper try to get a room away from the highway side as you may get annoyed by road noise, but if you sleep with the TV on you won't even really notice it.

• Stayed: April 2011, travelled with family
Reviewed 30 January 2011

I have stayed at this hotel 3 times now, and it is a great place to stay. Our first visit was during a snow storm and for over 24 hours we had only eaten junk (since no restaurants were open) the girl at the front desk asked if we needed anything and offered to go in the back and she brought us out bread and peanut butter/jelly packs so I could make the kids sandwiches. It was 10 at night and I really appreciated it. The last time we stayed there in August it was also wonderful. There is an indoor pool and hot tub which is a really nice way to relax after traveling. Also for women traveling alone it is nice to know that the police station is right across the road!

• Stayed: August 2010, travelled with family
Reviewed 12 January 2011

Was Driving through so i came late at night. They upgraded my room and when i got in there, by far this was the greatest room ive ever stayed in. You could tell that not many people have been in the room before me, and the layout was amzing. the only negitive about my stay there was the hotel was a bit out of the way from the turnpike

• Stayed: June 2010, travelled solo