“Great Stop Over” 4 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #4 of 27 Hotels in Carlisle
Huntersville, North Carolina
“Great Stop Over”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 January 2012

Hotel staff was very friendly. We stayed 2 separate nights. We were traveling from NC to NY to visit family for New Years. Breakfast food was good. 1st morning there was scrambled eggs, bacon & potato's. Hot oatmeal, waffles, yogurt and fixings were available. Better breakfast than some other Country Inn & Suites that we have been to. 2nd time they had Fried Eggs, biscuits & Sausage. They use real dishware, not paper products. That was a nice homey touch.

1st room needed a little TLC, the bathroom had some ripping wall paper by the Shower Head. Other than that, no real complaints. Room was quite. 2nd room on the way back, needed a good dusting. I noticed a bunch of dust on the hair dryer. In the morning I saw little white hairs on one of the bed spreads. I'm wondering if the previous guest had a dog. I meant to tell the staff, but with a little one in tow, I forgot. Nothing for me to say we won't be back. I think we'll make this hotel our "Stop Over" hotel for future trips.

• Stayed December 2011, travelled with family
      Location
      Rooms
1 Thank Maria S

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (60)
New York City, New York
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 September 2011

My friend and I were in town for a wedding on the weekend. We checked in on a Saturday and left Sunday afternoon. Upon arrival the front desk staff was very friendly. We noticed there was a high school soccer team or maybe even college checking in as well. We were asked what floor we wanted to be on and whatever floor we chose they would put the kids on the opposite floor, We choose a front room on the 3rd floor because we were told the back rooms are noisy because of the highway. The kids were put on the first and second floors.

We found the sheets to be clean, the room was clean and overall the bed was so comfortable. (pillow top) The downside to the hotel was that the bathroom tub does not have any protection against slipping while showering. If there is too much lather from your soap in the shower you could fall. My other issue was that the water in the sink would drain out very slowly, while brushing my teeth I had a sink full of water.

We never had the chance to have the continental breakfast or use any of the amenities, but again it was only an overnight stay.

I did not unpack as soon as I got home but about a day or two later I noticed I had left my pajamas and a few other items behind in the room. I contacted the hotel and spoke to Jennifer who told me the items had been retrieved. She said i could pick them up the next day, unfortunately I do not live in Pennsylvania, I live in NY. When Jennifer heard this she offered to mail my things back to me. Who does that? I thought this was such a great gesture on the hotels part and I thank the people that turned my things in!!! It has only been a day so I have not received the items yet, but I am so happy they are on the way.

For one night the price was great for two people and the hotel was acceptable. If I was passing through that town again for a short stay I would definitley stay at this hotel. We were very satisfied with our visit, in fact if we are ever in any other locations we will definitely check out Country Inn & Suites.

Room Tip: Dont choose any room on the back side of the hotel, if you are a light sleeper you will not apprecia...
  • Stayed September 2011, travelled with friends
      Location
      Rooms
NH
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 September 2011

We have stayed here several times and will continue to stay here when we are in the area. The staff are warm and friendly. They can't do enough to make you feel comfortable and welcome. Breakfast is included which is always nice. There are several hot and cold items to choose from. The hotel is clean and well cared for. There are several stores and restaurants near the hotel. One of the best features are the warm cookies waiting for you when you arrive!

Room Tip: Stay in the front of the building. There's a highway in the back that can be noisy.
  • Stayed August 2011, travelled with family
Shokan
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 September 2011

This was a disappointing stay. At first it seemed OK; the manager offered us a room on the non-highway side, so I was expecting good things. The lobby was cute, and there were cookies and fruit available. But then it all went downhill. Our first room was so dirty we had to request a new room. When I pulled back the covers in on the bed in our first room there were black specks all over the sheets. The bed was so poorly made it looked like it had been slept in. We couldn't figure out if they were bugs or not. My husband's pillow was so dirty it looked like something was spilled on it. The hairs in the sheets and pillow case were too much so we asked for another room. Unfortunately we got the room next door, cleaned by the same person. The sheets were better (far from perfect) but the carpet was disgusting. By the door it had obviously never been vacuumed, and there was a huge mat of black hair on the floor. The bathroom counter had dried patches of lotion(?) on it. I have never stayed in such a dirty room. I wanted to switch hotels but it was very late so we stayed. The sheets and towels looked like they were 50 years old. Extremely thin and discolored. It was unbelievable. The next morning we went to the free breakfast buffet which was ready on time (yea). Unfortunately the scrambled eggs were so bad I couldn't eat them. They were gritty, like they were instant and not well made. I tried a hard-boiled egg, (aweful) and the "bacon" was terrible. The fruit tasted strange, so we ate packaged items - cereal and nutri-grain bars. We travel a lot and stay at many places, and this was by far my worst experience ever. I will never stay there again and I recommend everyone else stay away.

• Stayed September 2011, travelled with family
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank Carolyn T
Pittsburgh
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 August 2011

We stayed here for an overnight coming back from vacation. The rooms were large and clean, the bathroom had a very large counter which was nice with four of us. The beds were very comfortable. My kids enjoyed the pool and hot tub and the free cookies, and we all enjoyed the hot tea/coffee round the clock. We were on the side away from the highway and it was very quiet. My only complaints are that the doors to the rooms are VERY heavy, it would really hurt if a child got their hand caught in one. And the breakfast area is small and crowded. They were very overwhelmed the morning we were there but worked hard to keep refilling things. The breakfast was ok, the eggs were the powdered kind and the bacon was underdone but there was a variety of stuff (fresh fruit, muffins, cereal, and two waffle makers). We will stay here again!

• Stayed August 2011, travelled with family
Pa
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 July 2011

Accommodations were clean and spacious. The staff was very friendly and helpful. Pool and whirlpool were clean and the perfect temperature. Breakfast was OK... just depends on what you expect. Complimentary cookies, muffins, coffee, tea, and hot chocolate all day and night. Definitely stay there for the next car show!

• Stayed July 2011, travelled with friends
Key West, FL Chicago, IL Orange County, CA Detroit, MI Albany, NY
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 June 2011

Myt sisters and I stayed for one night - our room was clean and spacious, as was the bathroom -- the people who worked there were very friendly -- the breakfast the next morning was great -- and they have 24/7 coffee and tea -- we would definitely stay there again.

Room Tip: Rooms away from the highway
  • Stayed June 2011, travelled with family