“This is a great little hotel!”

Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Carlisle
Ranked #4 of 27 Hotels in Carlisle
Reviewed 11 December 2012

The hotel is aesthetically pleasing and homey. The rooms are open and very clean with great bedding. The front desk staff person was very nice and helped me out while I was dealing with some quite unpleasant circumstances. Thank you for a great stay at this hotel!

• Stayed: December 2012
Heather M, Assistant General Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Carlisle, responded to this reviewResponded 31 December 2012

Dear Guest,

I am thrilled to see you enjoyed your stay with us. I will be sure to commend our staff for assisting you so well and thank you for your wonderful comments. We hope to see you in the future!

There are newer reviews for Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Carlisle

Reviewed 5 November 2012

This is my favorite hotel for business travel to Carlisle. Very friendly staff, rooms are as expected and very clean. Upgrades happen on occasion. One of the better free breakfasts around. Good internet which is key. Great coffee station 24 hours a day. Nice jacuzzi.

Room Tip: The highway is very close on one side but I never heard noise as they have noise reducing windows.
  • Stayed: October 2012, travelled on business

Dear Guest,

Thank you so much for your wonderful review. We truly appreciate each of your compliments and look forward to seeing you again when your travels bring you back to Carlisle!

Reviewed 30 August 2012

Great staff, clean rooms, upgraded bathrooms, easy check in/out, plenty of parking. And SO convenient.
But oh the proximity to I-81! I stayed on the highway side of the building, and the sound of cars and trucks is omnipresent despite their excelletn sound-proof glass windows. To be honest, my family and I had a VERY nice sleep despite the highway sounds... it just took some getting used to. I do not know if the other side of the hotel, on a high floor, would bee much better.... I predict yes!
Very nice continental breakfast in a clean and large dining room; good wifi, daily newspapers, etc.

Room Tip: request a room on the opposite side from the highway, and on the higher floors.
2  Thank Robert N
Heather M, Assistant General Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Carlisle, responded to this reviewResponded 24 October 2012

Dear Guest,

I would like to thank you for your recent review. I appreciate the time you spent providing feedback for us. I am glad you also enjoyed your stay and want to suggest that on you next visit, be sure to request a room on the front of our building where we experience absolutely none of the highway noise. We are always happy to relocate you to a room you would be more comfortable in.

While we have recently completed several renovations which have greatly reduced the highway noise, we are still planning additional improvements to further minimize the noise levels.

We look forward to seeing you in the future and thank you again!

Reviewed 23 August 2012

We were driving up 81 and needed a place to stay. This was close to 81, easy to find.

I liked the convenience of having a hot breakfast - one adult and one child went to breakfast, one adult and child got showered and dressed then switched. It saved time from having to wait formeveryone to shower, find a restaurant and then wait for food.

Room- after I read another review about noise I asked for a room that was facing the road (not 81) and on the second floor- away from ice machines. They gave us a room on the second floor facing the street- I didn't hear any noise all night.

Breakfast- I think it closes at 9 which seems early. There was a waffle maker (yummy), fruit, sausage, eggs (didn't seem like real eggs), all types of cereal, good juice, milk, etc.

Pool- nice pool that had clean towels. There was also a hot tub. Nothing glamorous but decent.

Neighborhood- seemed fine. Nothing immediately close to the hotel and seemed safe.

We paid $129 with a AAA rate which seemed to be conistant with the other websites I checked.
I would stay there again.

Room Tip: Ask for a room faci g the street - not 81 Ask for a room away from the lobby and ice machines.
3  Thank Kim B
Heather M, Assistant General Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Carlisle, responded to this reviewResponded 4 November 2012

Dear Guest,

Thank you so much for taking the time to review our property. I am pleased you enjoyed your stay with us. We look forward to seeing you again in the future!

Reviewed 19 August 2012

This was our second stay here. The rooms were clean and large, comfy beds, larger flat screen tv with lots of channels.......that part was alll fine. I'm not sure what kind of bathroom others have had but ours was very large with a nice big counter. We had a room facing the parking lot, away from the highway and had no noise issues. The air conditioner was quiet also. The kids enjoyed the pool and hot tub (though my son thought it was hilarious that in the warnings for the hot tub it said to not use it if 'you are under the influence of hypnosis'! Guess all bases must be covered for liability, lol). My complaint this stay was with the breakfast. The area is tiny and the way the tables were set up (for space I'm sure), there were very few seats. The attendants were trying to keep up but almost everything was gone (Ithe bread for toast, eggs, bacon, potatoes, waffle mix, fruit.....). They were doing their best but there were a lot of people. They did have oatmeal but it was watery for my taste. I'm not sure if we'll stay here next year (we always stay in Carlisle overnight once a year on the way home from the beach). My kids really look forward to the breakfast when we stay at hotels and it was disappointing.

2  Thank gandycat

Dear Guest,

I would like to thank you for posting your comments about your stay with us. I see you enjoyed most of your time with the exception of breakfast. We are currently looking into the possibility of expanding the breakfast area as we recognize that it does not always accommodate all of our guests comfortably, especially during our busiest times. I am also looking into what might have occurred during your stay to cause the food shortage issue you mentioned so that it may be corrected.

I do hope that should your travels bring you back to our area, you might stop in again and we are able to exceed your expectations on your next visit. Thank you again!

Reviewed 16 August 2012

The Country Inn & Suites is a nice low-rise hotel/motel in Carlisle, PA. The staff is well-trained, of great humor, and very courteous. The breakfast served each morning goes slightly beyond the basics. Eggs are offered daily, meats offered occasionally, and cereal and fruit is always available. Among the nice touches are that coffee, cookies and tea are available around-the-clock in the lobby. While this is not a Four Seasons or Waldorf Astoria, this hotel has comfortable beds, suitable bathroom amenities, and good-sized rooms. The cable TV offerings are unusually good, with around 120 channels. On the down side, the in-room air conditioners tend to leave the room a little humid, unless they are turned to a very cold setting; and the breakfast room, which can be cozy when the hotel is sparsely populated, can briefly become a standing room only proposition. It only holds about 30 people seated, but the hotel would appear to have around 100 rooms. If everyone shows for breakfast at the same time (which did happen one morning) it can be mildly problematic. Nonetheless, this is a good value, conveniently located for those traveling along I-81, and is a clean place to stay either while on business or while bringing the family.

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled on business

Dear Guest,

Thank you so much for taking the time to review our property. You may also be interested to know that we are currently planning an expansion of our breakfast area. We truly value our guest's opinions and look forward to seeing you again on your next trip to Carlisle, PA.

Reviewed 23 June 2012

Just stayed last night in this hotel. I had looked at the other hotels in the area which were booked for this night (lots going on in the area right now). I read the reviews here and when making my reservation asked for a room not facing the highway. Checkin was 3:00, we arrived at 3:30. The front desk person said they were practically full and the only room left not facing the highway was on the first floor - the floor all rooms with pets stay on - and right next to the elevator. The other room available was on the 3rd floor, but the new noise reduction windows + new air conditioner units would block out the noise. Very few complaints since those changes, she said. I took the 3rd floor room.
Mistake.
There is a vent right next to the window that lets in all the noise the new windows muffle (not remove). And the bathroom must have a vent on the roof. Every traffic noise was crystal clear, and made louder due to the bathroom tiles, etc. No getting away from the noise.
Thankfully, our next trip is booked at a different hotel.
If management is reading this, the young woamn at the front desk should be advised not to wear a white bra with black lace under a translucent white shirt. I don't think it shows the impressions the hotel wants to give.

So much for making a reservation preference.

Room Tip: Don't bother if they say no rooms available facing away from the highway.
  • Stayed: June 2012, travelled with family