We stayed at the Country Inn during the 150th Anniversary of the Battle of Gettysburg. The price was great and, having booked late, we were very glad to find a place so close. It was easy to get to our destination; the hotel provided shuttle service, which we used the first day of our stay. The hotel is very nice and clean. Check-in and check-out was easy. The staff was good, especially Pam. Our room was nicely decorated. We did not take advantage of all available amenities since we were already booked for the celebration in Gettysburg. The bed was very comfy and the room was quiet. Linens were supplied daily. The complimentary breakfast was good; there were different foods provided each day. I especially liked the seasonal berries for the yogurt (the yogurt was not in a carton-a plus!). Our only complaint was that the room smelled; it had a dank, mildewy scent. We did not know what caused the odor, but it was in the carpet. We heard the sound of a drip in the bathroom, but did not see any drips from the shower head, the bathtub faucet, or the faucet in the sink. It sounded like it came from the pipes behind the sink. I spoke with Pam about the odor; maybe it will not be a problem in the future.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Newer hotel in Carlisle PA where you are treated like a friend. Hot cookies and coffee upon arrival, complimentary newspapers also available daily. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Priceline, Travel Republic (UK), Odigeo, Hotels.com, Expedia, Traveltool, S.L.U. and Cancelon so you can book your Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Carlisle reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Country Inn & Suites Carlisle Hotel Carlisle
- Country Inn And Suites Carlisle