This ranks as one of my worst ever hotel stays! I'm allergic to feathers and had told the hotel in advance (anphylactic and carry an epi pen). On arrival the room we were given was full of down pillows and when I asked for them to be switched out they said "too bad" and told me they didn't have any others but they'd look for 1 (yep, just 1 for a room that sleeps 4). An hour later they arrived with the 1 pillow and looked at me in shock when I asked them to take the feather pillows out of the room! We didn't get the room we requested - they said they didn't have anymore - we'd requested 2 separate beds and they gave us a room with 1 king bed and a sleep sofa (a poor excuse for a 2nd bed - especially this one!). When I complained they said they don't guarantee any rooms booked through hotels.com! Then they tried to tell me that my room was an upgrade...if this was an upgrade, I'd hate to see what the other rooms looked like! You had to go to the 1st floor to get ice - we met a nice man in the hallway who was as surprised as we were about this given the price of the room! One of us opened the fridge in the room by accident (maybe looking for the ice that was on the 1st floor?) and the stench of salami poured out and hung in the room for at least an hour after closing it - don't they clean them after a guest checks out? So out of sheer exhaustion we gave up and went to sleep and when we woke, well that's when the worst of the hotel came out! No hot water for the shower! The water came on alright but when you turned it up to warm, the water shut off! We had to pay the hotel across the street to get a shower. When I spoke to the manager on leaving she blew me off and told me to deal with hotels.com. Do yourselves a favor and don't stay here! If its the location you want, stay across the street - the staff there was friendly and we weren't the first guests to come across after a horrible stay here! This place swore me off Country Inn & Suites!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Newer hotel in Carlisle PA where you are treated like a friend. Hot cookies and coffee upon arrival, complimentary newspapers also available daily. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travel Republic (UK), Expedia, Booking.com, Priceline, Hotels.com and Cancelon so you can book your Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Carlisle reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Country Inn & Suites Carlisle Hotel Carlisle
- Country Inn And Suites Carlisle