“STAY ACROSS THE STREET!”

Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Carlisle
Ranked #4 of 26 Hotels in Carlisle
Portsmouth, New Hampshire
“STAY ACROSS THE STREET!”
Reviewed 18 July 2014

This ranks as one of my worst ever hotel stays! I'm allergic to feathers and had told the hotel in advance (anphylactic and carry an epi pen). On arrival the room we were given was full of down pillows and when I asked for them to be switched out they said "too bad" and told me they didn't have any others but they'd look for 1 (yep, just 1 for a room that sleeps 4). An hour later they arrived with the 1 pillow and looked at me in shock when I asked them to take the feather pillows out of the room! We didn't get the room we requested - they said they didn't have anymore - we'd requested 2 separate beds and they gave us a room with 1 king bed and a sleep sofa (a poor excuse for a 2nd bed - especially this one!). When I complained they said they don't guarantee any rooms booked through hotels.com! Then they tried to tell me that my room was an upgrade...if this was an upgrade, I'd hate to see what the other rooms looked like! You had to go to the 1st floor to get ice - we met a nice man in the hallway who was as surprised as we were about this given the price of the room! One of us opened the fridge in the room by accident (maybe looking for the ice that was on the 1st floor?) and the stench of salami poured out and hung in the room for at least an hour after closing it - don't they clean them after a guest checks out? So out of sheer exhaustion we gave up and went to sleep and when we woke, well that's when the worst of the hotel came out! No hot water for the shower! The water came on alright but when you turned it up to warm, the water shut off! We had to pay the hotel across the street to get a shower. When I spoke to the manager on leaving she blew me off and told me to deal with hotels.com. Do yourselves a favor and don't stay here! If its the location you want, stay across the street - the staff there was friendly and we weren't the first guests to come across after a horrible stay here! This place swore me off Country Inn & Suites!

• Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank L0VE-TRAVEL-17
CarlsonRezidor, Online Customer Support at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Carlisle, responded to this review, 24 July 2014
We regret to hear about your disappointment in the room you received and the way the hotel addressed your concerns. We attempt to fulfill each of our guest’s requests to the best of our ability. Prior to your next stay, we welcome you to contact us at Corporate Customer Care, so we may discuss your accommodations in detail.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (64)
Roscoe, Illinois
Reviewed 13 July 2014

My family and I got in at 2am and the front desk woman had fresh cookies for us and beverages. She was so friendly and it was very clean and safe. We would stay there again if we are ever in the area.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
Delaware, Ohio
Reviewed 8 July 2014

all of the reviews about this hotel being clean and the staff being friendly are all true. The hotel has cookies and coffee at the front deak, but they also have fresh fruit and granola bars.
This hotel is Not with the other hotels in Carlisle..this is south of town..off of 81..i got lost like a few other people..do yourself a favor, call the hotel for directions..they are off 81..& Allen --commerce is off of Allen. Other than that, the breakfast has waffles, a hot egg and hot meat, breads, fruit, juices, dry cereal..milks..and hard boiled eggs.
Nice hotel, will definately stay here again.

Illinois
Reviewed 28 June 2014 via mobile

We would recommend this hotel for a refreshing overnight stay.

This hotel is clean and comfortable. The staff was friendly & accommodating upon check-in and during our stay. We got a great rate from a coupon we found at a turnpike service plaza.

Easy access to I-81. Great for travelers. Pet-friendly and perfect for kids. Pool open late...management even provided pool toys & life jackets.

Comfortable room. Clean & fresh.

Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
Gadsden, Alabama
Reviewed 28 June 2014

we had reservations at another place in carlisle. whenwe arrived and saw where the place was and how we would have to get to it.we knew we could not stay there. we had seen a country innn and suites after we got off the interstate. we went back down the next exit to check with them about a room for the night. at first, there was not a suite available. the manager kept looking trying to find us something. she had just had a cancelllation on a suite, so we were able to get it. we like country inn and suites to stay at. this is a nice suite, a separate living area,2 closets and 2 tvs, microwave and frig. a lot of room. the indoor pool was a little cool for us(84.5 degrees). i got in for a little while anyway. hot tub was 103 degrees. had a good breakfast. we enjoyed our stay here.

Room Tip: the suites are really nice. plenty of room and a sofa bed to sit on.
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
Mid Hudson, New York
Reviewed 7 June 2014

Had reserved a king suite - room was larger than I expected, easy chair, sofa, excellent bed, roomy bathroom with very good fittings, shower over tub, excellent towels etc. A microwave and a fridge located in a cabinet fitted with a countertop where there was a coffee maker. The television was located on top of a large long cabinet fitted with lots of drawers. The location gives easy access to/from I-81 but I would recommend viewing the location map in their website. A warning: there are no restaurants, lounges/taverns nearby - only fast food - bring your own or check with the desk when you arrive. Did not have breakfast there hence no comment. I would look forward to staying here again when I next travel this route.

Room Tip: the rear of the building backs up on the Interstate - about 10 yds to the pavement - ask for a front...
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled solo
Geneseo, New York
Reviewed 24 May 2014

I was lost, really lost despite having a (naughty) GPS. I had stayed before at other Country Inn & Suits so lucked out when I found this. It was a bit difficult to find; I wish hotels would still give out printed guide books. Once I found it, I was happy. Comfy bed, tv channels, clean, and breakfast waiting in the morning. I just wish there had been some restaurants nearby. Oh, well, maybe I won't end up in Carlisle again, but if you do, this place is just fine.

Room Tip: Eat before you get there or find some take out for your room.
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled solo