“Great meal and huge selection of Belgian ales.”
Review of Cafe Bruges

Cafe Bruges
Ranked #5 of 169 Restaurants in Carlisle
Cuisines: Belgian
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, After-hours
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, After-hours
Reviewed 16 August 2014

My wife and I really enjoyed this restaurant. Our meals were excellent and the Belgian ale selection was surprisingly broad. I opted for a flight of beer. Atmosphere inside was nice, felt kind of like an authentic pub. Our server was excellent and answered all of our questions on both the food and types of ale on tap. We ordered the frites as an appetizer and they were all right, but neither of us really thought they were anything extraordinary or that radically different from any other french fries you can order. My wife had the Stoemp Saucisse, which is a trio of sausage, with mashed potatoes, spinach and some grainy mustard. It was very good and tasted authentic (based on what we've had in Germany at least). I had the Carbonade Flamande, which is a Flemish beef stew slow cooked in dark ale, served with potatoes. Also very good! Give this place a try, you won't be sorry.

2  Thank Dave R

Reviewed 3 August 2014 via mobile

Travel in PA a lot and Carlisle is the half way point. This is definitely our new rest stop. Leek torte was top shelf. Mussels were high quality and perfect seasoning. And of course the frites with sauce, get them no matter what else you order. Staff is as pleasant as they could be.

1  Thank Rascalpant
Reviewed 30 July 2014

Per the recommendation of a friend, I ordered the lamb burger and a flight of beer. I was very pleased. Good food, good service. Only problem was the temperature of the restaurant…super high air conditioning!

1  Thank Flyrodtrouter
Reviewed 20 July 2014

I went for dinner on a Sunday evening. The restaurant was not busy and I was seated immediately upon arrival. My food was wonderful. I started with the Belgium frites and curry ketchup, which did remind me of frites I have eaten in Europe. My main course was the pan-seared salmon which was delicious. Staff was great and service swift. Some might consider the prices a little high, but I would eat here again.

3  Thank geomagnus
Reviewed 19 July 2014

Very busy place, you should plan on a wait. Food is tasty and portions are reasonable sized. Beer is there focal point, food complements it well. A little pricey. I recommend the chocolate mousee

Been to Cafe Bruges? Share your experiences!