“Telling the story of the U.S. Army one soldier at a time”

United States Army Heritage and Education Center
Ranked #1 of 29 things to do in Carlisle
Reviewed 26 November 2013

I was really blown away by how good this museum is. The walk outside around the museum is loaded with lots of artifact from the the different time. Great place to have kids take a walk to burn off energy or yourself. I will upload some picture I took.

The Heritage center itself is first class. It gets no better. Just like Goldilocks not to big, not too small just right. Take the time to really look at things. what you will find will amaze you. There are things here from George Washington, to letters from soldiers in the trenches in World War II.

As it Say "Telling the story of the U.S. Army one soldier at a time". Do you know who the people where that served in the army that signed the declaration of independence ? Come here and find out

I loved it. A must see.

1  Thank Michael C
There are newer reviews for United States Army Heritage and Education Center

Reviewed 2 November 2013

Both my husband and I are Army vets and we really weren't that impressed with the center. I guess we were expecting much more of everything - more displays, more interactive units, etc. This place is huge from the outside, but surprisingly little of the space is used for the public viewing area. It's almost like the museum portion was an afterthought - "Let's build this enormous education center and we'll add a little museum so that the public can come in and learn a little bit about Army heritage." For those of you with little boys, I'm sure they will enjoy seeing all of the vehicles and firearms on display, but our 5 yr old daughter had very little interest in anything besides the parachute display and the firing range. Unless you live close by, I would not recommend making a trip to Carlisle just to see this attraction. I must point out that the employees at the center are super friendly and helpful, but that's not enough to entice me to visit again. We are looking forward to the Army Museum that they are building near Fort Belvoir. Hopefully it will be the museum that we were hoping to see.

1  Thank FecFam
Reviewed 1 November 2013 via mobile

A lot to do and the trail walk is exceptional! Thd center has really nice displays and exhibits. the walk was very enjoyable. Definitely recommended and has seating various places tbroughout for taking a breaks. Great place for families and everyone.

Reviewed 14 October 2013

We often enjoy visiting the USAHEC. Most often we walk around the walking trail past all the tanks, bunkers, trenches and more that they have on display.

The museum indoors is still expanding but is already a great visit in and of itself. This is a regular stop for our family.

Reviewed 14 October 2013

Was very impressed by this Heritage museum. Outdoors has various vehicles, bunkers, and trenches which parallels I-81. After a walk outside, which can last close to an hour go Inside, which is brand new. Be sure to get "Dog Tags" at desk which are really a plastic card which allows hands on access to various exhibits. There is a virtual shooting range that kids love. Another highlight is a virtual bunker that resembles a night in Vietnam. Gift shop has some memorable items and is reasonably priced. Staff is friendly and helpful.