“Couldn't believe how disgusting it actually was.”

Motel 6 Harrisburg - Carlisle
Ranked #18 of 27 Hotels in Carlisle
Reviewed 18 June 2013

Last summer my boyfriend and I were heading home to NJ from Indiana and got really tired so we looked up a place we could stop for cheap on the way home. Figured for $50 a night it was not going to be great but we could not believe how disgusting it actually was! Room was beyond filthy. Upon turning the bed spread over a large insect appeared from under the sheets. The sheets and bed spread had yellow stains and burn holes in them. The bathroom was gross and the toilet barely flushed. Tiny old tv and beat up desk and chair. It was literally like a flea bag hotel room you would see in a movie. Never ever stay at this place. Front desk woman was also grumpy not very friendly. WORST MOTEL EVER no standards they should pay people to actually stay there not the other way around.

• Stayed: July 2012
2  Thank Lor1217

Reviewed 23 May 2013

I was stuck in Carlisle, unexpectedly, over the weekend and thought the Motel 6 appeared to be a good deal. It was absolutely atrocious. As if it were not enough that the sliding doors of the balcony were without the ability to lock, the room was filthy and then, to my horror, upon picking up the receiver to the telephone, I spied a short black curly hair as if placed there strategically to echo someone else's presumption of just how poor Housekeeping could be. They were right.

Room Tip: Select a hotel either up or down the street. They cannot be worse than this.
  • Stayed: July 2012, travelled on business
Reviewed 19 May 2013

No longer carpeted in some rooms but the bamboo floors are filthy . If I walked barefoot from the front bed to bathroom my feet were filthy . They need to be cleaned with a wet swifter type mop weekly , hope the management reads this.
The beds are good , sheets and pillows are fine . TV was decent but only about 25 channels .
I can't comment on the wifi because I used my own portable satellite link. I was there for car show and friend with me used the wifi only with his phone and didn't complain .
Walls have been repainted over a knockdown finish and are a great improvement but the place is still older with just a facelift.

Room Tip: Rooms near the front or west side may have less noise from the nearby highway. If there on a car sh...
  • Stayed: May 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 9 March 2013

I've been here three times now and wish ALL Motel 6 locations were like this one. Quiet, clean, and incredibly inexpensive. Just 29.99 weeknights, and 35.99 weekends, can't beat the value and cleanliness. Remodeled, and just clean. Sounds like a fake review I'm sure, but I look for $40-$60 rooms and try to be fair on all my reviews - this one earns it's high ranking. The only thing good about driving all the way across PA on the I-76 toll road is this inexpensive, yet comfortable hotel. This is my stopping point every time I head to the east coast!

Room Tip: Restaurants are a couple miles away, but plenty to choose from.
  • Stayed: March 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank jason d
Reviewed 8 February 2013

This Motel 6 is less than 60 seconds off of the PA Turnpike, is super affordable and impressively nice. The floors are hardwood which are nice, although we stayed on a particularly snowy night and so we tracked in a lot of snow which left puddles on the floor and made it slippery. But I'm guessing that the hard floors are easier to clean, and they certainly look nice. Otherwise, we were really pleased - we've stayed at some really awful places for a lot more money, and we couldn't find much to complain about with this place.

• Stayed: December 2012, travelled with family
2  Thank lisamdh
Reviewed 6 February 2013

This was a road trip stop over. Usually the best I can hope for is a clean room at a reasonable price. So based on the price of this motel I wasn't expecting much. Was I surprised - yes it's a basic motel but the bamboo floors, comfortable bed, flat screen TV and a spotlessly clean new bathroom was more than I could ever expect for the price I paid. The front desk personnel - one at night at check in and another in the morning at check out were wonderful - friendly and helpful. What a nice stop! And as an added bonus - stop in at Rutters service area across the street - they carry Maple Donuts - a PA staple - excellent!!

Room Tip: All the rooms have been redone as I described. Without a doubt - you cannot find a nicer room for th...
  • Stayed: January 2013, travelled solo
3  Thank Dav695
Reviewed 17 October 2012

Traveling from Columbus, OH to Clifton, NJ we were looking for a place to stay after about 6 hours on the road. We checked other motels in the area and they were out of our price range, but then we found Motel 6. We were so lucky to stumble upon this motel, nice and friendly staffing, great rates, and clean, quiet rooms. If you are looking for someplace to stay that is turnpike accessible in a good location, look no further.

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled with friends