“Tasty Asian fusion served with warmth and care”

Chen's Asian Restaurant
Ranked #30 of 169 Restaurants in Carlisle
Cuisines: Chinese
Reviewed 11 July 2014

, It was our dinner stop, my 8- and 11-year-old grandchidren and I making our way from Indianapolis to my home in Connecticut. We'd left at 7:30 a.m., so they were probably hard to please. (I was!)

The 11-year-old granddaughter ordered just the California rolls (6 in the serving) and she loved them. The 8-year-old grandson had chicken with vegetable fried rice, not being an Asian cuisine fan. He thought it was great and ate the leftovers the next day.

I had the spicy raw tuna sushi (only $1 more, after the California rolls) and Pad Thai, which was amazing! The noodles had a perfect bite, just enough resistance without any chewiness, not the typical mushy stuff so common with this dish. The shrimp were perfect size and consistency. I couldn't have been more pleased.

I don't recall what we spent but recall being surprised at how reasonable it was. It was well worth making the 5 minute trip off the highway to find the place.

Reviewed 13 May 2014 via mobile

This is a great place to grab a bit to eat. They serve sushi along with various Chinese meals. It is clean, staff is friendly and it's reasonably priced. It's also BYOB.

Reviewed 5 May 2014

We stopped here when traveling through Carlisle on a Sunday night, there weren't many restaurants open and we were pleased that Chen's Asian Restaurant was open. It was very easy to park and the restaurant's atmosphere was fine. The service was good, but the food was just OK. One of us really enjoyed his meal (lemongrass chicken), the other thought what he ordered (vegetable pad thai) was quite bland.
We were in a hurry to get back on the road, and we were pleased that the food came out relatively quickly and the prices were very fair. We may consider giving it a second try, but it wasn't really anything to write home about...

Reviewed 5 April 2014

Stopped in here for lunch while visiting Carlisle PA. The interior of the restaurant is absolutely beautiful, there's even a waterfall in there. I went for lunch and got the Miso soup and Pork Lo Mein lunch special, both were delicious and I think it only cost about 11 bucks. The service was excellent with very attentive staff. I highly recommended eating here if you're in Carlisle.

Reviewed 29 January 2014

This was our 1st stop at Chen's even though we've passed the restaurant many times. We were pleasantly surprised with the sushi as it was excellent. We will definitely stop in when in Carlisle again. Our waitress was very attentive. We asked for 1 glass of water and her boss told her that she'd forgotten the 2nd glass. She smiled and told her, no, we only wanted one glass of water. Love it when they actually listen when you order. Great place if you like sushi, don't know how the other menu is as we only wanted sushi.