“Amazing”

Redds Smokehouse BBQ
Ranked #4 of 168 Restaurants in Carlisle
Cuisines: Barbecue
Reviewed 29 May 2014 via mobile

This is a barbeque place and you don't even need the sauce. The meats are so well cooked and seasoned it's great! I even bought a bottle of the barbeque sauce, it contains tomato which is different from a lot of other sauces I've ever tried. Definitely get the brisket.

2  Thank Brandon H

Reviewed 28 May 2014

We come here every couple of weeks. The food is always good, My husband loves the wings. Doesn't put anything on them, says it would ruin the taste. I switch it up, as I like so many of the items on the menu. This last time in, however, the service wasn't up to par. The 3 servers, were busy disagreeing, on whose turn it was to wait on a table. This isn't something a patron should have overhear, especially, while we are in need of drink refills. We observed another person, actually get up and go get his own refill.

2  Thank Monica B
Reviewed 28 May 2014

Great BBQ. Very busy at lunch and limited seating. The wait staff is pushed to their limit and getting take out is abit slow so if pushed for time do not attempt. Sides are great as well. There is something for everyone on the menu and prices very reasonable.

Reviewed 18 May 2014

After a year of living in Carlisle, I think Redd's is the restaurant I will miss the most. Pulled pork, ribs, chicken and brisket all delicious. Definitely southern BBQ done right. We even had to order a huge amount for an event and they made it painless.

Reviewed 3 May 2014

I always felt that Carlisle was the most northern Southern town and Redds proves it. I had their food at luncheon meetings and liked it enough to try the mothership. There are huge portions-I ordered the sampler platter and could not finish it. I am used to lots of sauce on bbq but could learn to love their rub and taste with bottles of sauce on the table. The ribs were very good. I also liked the pulled pork. The brisket was a bit dry. I got peach cobbler to go-it was excellent. I will be back for more of this good Southern food. The service was friendly and prompt.

1  Thank Courthouse067