“An easy choice”

Redds Smokehouse BBQ
Ranked #4 of 168 Restaurants in Carlisle
Cuisines: Barbecue
Reviewed 12 July 2014

I've been frequenting Redd's for years- since it was a food truck before food trucks were cool. Now it's an adorable restaurant, and I couldn't be happier for their success. The staff is always friendly and helpful. The BBQ is my absolute favorite. You can pick between a few different homemade sauces, which is always fun since I don't like to commit to one flavor. Their brisket is my favorite thing on the menu. And they make delicious chicken fingers for picky little children who won't eat anything else.
The sampler meal is the best seal in town and you get to try three different meats and two different sides. Go for the collard greens.

2  Thank J Eliza A

Reviewed 28 June 2014

Let's go from the lowest to the highest, shall we?

Meh-the room is LOUD. No matter what part of the place you're in, it is loud. Which isn't deal breaker for me, but know that going into it.

The service is good. Word is out that this is the BBQ place in Carlisle, so it's usually pretty busy. No problem. to sit and enjoy conversation and your BYOB is okay. Nothing wrong with just relaxing a little bit.

Now onto the good stuff:

Smoked wings. If I wasn't such a huge brisket fan, I'd eat the smoked wings for my meal. Smoky, not fried, not sauced. Crispy outside, juicy inside. Oh my these are GOOD.

Mac & Cheese- Not as good as mine, but pretty darn good.

Cole Slaw-Really good, not too sweet, not too tart, just right.

Baked beans-thick, rich,a little sweet, but not cloying. I put some of their hot bbq sauce on top. Pretty good

Honey gets the smoked chicken here, and always raves about it. Probably very much like the wings. But again, I'm not to judge, as I always get..

BRISKET. I love their brisket. It's very nicely smoky with a pinkish center, most times it comes cut into nice long pieces, but I've also gotten it shredded. Not worries it was still good that way. You can taste the richness of the fat, but there's no grease left in the basket. It's wonderful on it's own, or on the salad. The cornbread is okay, I'm not a huge fan of cornbread at all, I always ask 'hold the cornbread, more brisket please'

I've never made it to dessert. I'd rather have brisket or wings.

Portion sizes are ample, and praise be! The food is not sauced to death. (I like mine unsauced, and to sauce it accordingly.

Whenever I say, 'Wanna go for BBQ?' I mean Redds

1  Thank Amesk
Reviewed 29 May 2014 via mobile

This is a barbeque place and you don't even need the sauce. The meats are so well cooked and seasoned it's great! I even bought a bottle of the barbeque sauce, it contains tomato which is different from a lot of other sauces I've ever tried. Definitely get the brisket.

2  Thank Brandon H
Reviewed 28 May 2014

We come here every couple of weeks. The food is always good, My husband loves the wings. Doesn't put anything on them, says it would ruin the taste. I switch it up, as I like so many of the items on the menu. This last time in, however, the service wasn't up to par. The 3 servers, were busy disagreeing, on whose turn it was to wait on a table. This isn't something a patron should have overhear, especially, while we are in need of drink refills. We observed another person, actually get up and go get his own refill.

2  Thank Monica B
Reviewed 28 May 2014

Great BBQ. Very busy at lunch and limited seating. The wait staff is pushed to their limit and getting take out is abit slow so if pushed for time do not attempt. Sides are great as well. There is something for everyone on the menu and prices very reasonable.