“Thank you Freeman's!”

Freeman's BBQ
Ranked #44 of 167 Restaurants in Carlisle
Cuisines: Barbecue
Reviewed 27 July 2014 via mobile

Great BBQ! I've never been disappointed... Large portions always freshly made (especially sweet corn in season)! Wouldn't go elsewhere in Carlisle

1  Thank Bubbler101

Reviewed 27 July 2014

It saddens me to see such awful reviews of this place. We absolutely love it!! The people are so courteous and the food is amazing. They even have a place for our dogs!! Yes they are dog friendly. We are people watchers so when we enjoy our meal we sit out front and watch the traffic go by. BUT for all those who prefer a quieter setting, there is some seating behind the BBQ stand and I think there is a lil creek back there too. Overall, the food and people are great. If you are in the area check it out!

2  Thank Amanda_Marriiee
Reviewed 30 June 2014

I drove 20 minutes to try this place because we love Redds and we love the Horners Crorner BBQ on spring road. The staff in the truck seemed very flustered with my order. The ribs had BBQ sauce but the chicken was just seasoned like crazy and the prok was dry. I think if you are called freemans BBQ there should be BBQ on your food or like Redds it should be on the side. No one asked me if I wanted BBQ and THEY FORGOT TO GIVE ME MY SIDES. To pay $25 for a rack of ribs you mad when you drive 20 minutes home to have no sides. I love keeping the local business going like Redds and the Hamilton but I will never go back to this BBQ truck.

1  Thank ohitsme2126
Reviewed 21 May 2014

Located on Rt 34 going south to Mt Hollly Springs, Freeman's is tucked in on the right after the Farmer's Market. It's a start up joint that consists of a trailer and a few smokers behind a rustic looking fence to give the imprssion of a Texas BBQ pit, but the beef and pork sandwiches are pretty good, as are their BBQ rib smoked ends. Maybe a little pricey and definitley not the place to take someone you're trying to impress, but the owners are congenial and helpful. Picnic tables and wooden benches are what you can expect and the view isn't much unless you enjoy the sight of passing trucks and autos. Don't expect running water and flush toilets either. Otherwise, it's a place to take a break for lunch and knock back some decent BBQ. For whatever it's worth, my son enjoyed the food over Redd's.

Reviewed 15 October 2012

Freeman's BBQ is located on the Holly Pike Rt 34 just South of 81. Open 11am- 7 pm.
Usual BQ offerings although their beef is pit roasted beef I am not sure if it is topside or rump.
Choices of BBQ sauces.