“Overpowering smell forced us to leave”

Carlisle Thai Cuisine
Ranked #32 of 161 Restaurants in Carlisle
Price range: US$12 - US$25
Cuisines: Thai, Italian
Good for: Child-friendly
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Accepts American Express, Accepts Discover, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Digital Payments, Free Off-Street Parking, Free Wifi, Highchairs Available, Parking Available, Private Dining, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Street Parking, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: Our restaurant offers exotic and delightful Thai cuisine in a beautiful and romantic atmosphere. Carlisle Thai Cuisine, formerly known as White Elephant Thai Cuisine, features healthy menu items for Thai food lovers. Our customers have options like less oil, less fat, and/or less sugar. For example, our curry dishes can be prepared with or without coconut milk. For customers who prefer gluten-free or are food allergy-prone, we can help you with your order. We're all about eating fresh, delicious, and healthy food. Come visit us! We are a BYOB restaurant without a corking charge, so please bring your favorite liquor and we'll supply the glasses.
Carlisle
“Overpowering smell forced us to leave”
Reviewed 20 August 2014 via mobile

While I love the food here, especially the Panang, I may not be able to eat here again. Last evening we went here and I immediately got a headache when we walked in the door. There was a very strong sweet, flowery smell throughout the restaurant. We sat down but, the smell was so overpowering we had to leave without ordering. Very disappointed!

Visited August 2014

Winchester, Virginia
“Just okay”
Reviewed 14 August 2014

I love Thai food and couldn't wait to try the White Elephant with my three daughters. We visited for lunch and it wasn't busy. The restaurant is had a nice atmosphere. I was a little surprised when we were seated and the host removed the cloth napkins from the table, but okay. These were later replaced with paper napkins when our food came. Two of my girls had the Pad Thai and were disappointed. My oldest daughter had the Thai stir fry. She thought the veggies were a little questionable. I tasted and my guess is that they were frozen. I had the box lunch #3. It came with salad, and egg roll, a dumpling, a small slice of cantelope, and a small slice of watermelon , all tasty. I should have stopped there. The box also included Pad Thai with tasted like noodles and ketchup. Not good at all. I couldn't even sense any fish sauce or traditional Thai flavors. The restaurant had come recommended to me, I should have ordered the dish they recommended as well, then I might have enjoyed it. Oh, the box lunch also came with Lemon Grass soup. That was tasty in a hot and sour way, but I couldn't taste lemongrass at all.

• Visited August 2014
1 Thank perkyfam
Carlisle, Pennsylvania
“Try the Bento Box lunch”
Reviewed 14 July 2014

I have been here twice for lunch and both times ordered the bento box lunch option. The first time, I ordered the Pad Thai and thought it was just okay. On my next visit, I had the Mussaman Curry, which I enjoyed much more. I definitely recommend the bento box option, which comes with soup, salad and a spring roll. Portions are just the right size. I would definitely return to try some other options.

• Visited May 2014
1 Thank saavychic
Carlisle,
“Fresh fast and fine”
Reviewed 28 June 2014 via mobile

I was a huge Amy's fan, so when they became the white elephant, I was worried. But it was unnecessary, because YUM. We got take out and BAM same phone number (don't have the heart to change the contact name from Amy's.) We got the crispy rolls (sauce is really good and homemade,) soup (you pick the protein and the tom yum Kai was like whoa,) drunken noodle, and the Thai BBQ. So good and so fresh. Lots of veggies in the noodles, and you can just tell this place has a lot of heart and soul.

Visited June 2014
1 Thank J Eliza A
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
“Best Thai”
Reviewed 4 June 2014

Have eaten here a few times now...lunch and dinner...and have tried most Thai restaurants between Carlisle and Philadelphia. Good varied selection on the buffet at lunch and a very big menu. I absolutely LOVE the Goy-Teaw noodle soup. The Thai chef knows how to do this dish right. Some "Thai" restaurants are not really Thai and doing imitations of Thai Food. I've been to Thailand a few times and in my humble opinion, this place is the real deal. Waitstaff have always been very polite to me and hustle when they need to. Just noticed that the website has been revamped...food pics there are making me hungry!

• Visited May 2014