“Such a fun experience!”

Ranked #42 of 169 Restaurants in Carlisle
Price range: US$15 - US$25
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Reservations
Description: One of the nation's top tea rooms serving Afternoon tea. Featuring over 30 varieties, menu made from scratch, housed in a beautiful Victorian setting with garden, located in the historical district of lovely Carlisle. An enchanting gift shop greets visitors.
Reviewed 1 April 2014

This isn't a meal, it's a dining experience. Reservations are a must, but the advanced planning is definitely worth it. Our tea was a table of 4 and we enjoyed delicious food paired with excellent teas. Everything is small, but that's the idea, it is tea afterall: a cup of soup, followed by a small salad, then scones with devonshire cream and vanilla curd, then on to tea sandwiches and cookies. The eating is leisurely. The setting feels like an old-fashioned tea room. And, just as an aside, I was particularly impressed by the server's concern for my severe food allergy, which only caused a tiny hiccup that she was happy to work around. Overall, quite a lovely place for a real treat.

1  Thank Pixycon

Reviewed 15 June 2013

A friend took me here for my birthday. I had no expectations and was pleasantly surprised at the experience. The front of the shop is a small, tea themed gift shop. (Beware, gentlemen, this is a lovely feminine place. Only the strong will survive.) My friend is a frequent customer and so guided me through the rituals. We were booked for high tea (reservations recommended), so I was instructed to choose a hat! The hats are 1940s, 50s, 60s vintage and once I let go and let myself have fun- it was great! I recognized many of the styles from my mother and grandmother 's days.

High tea is a multi-course, leisurely experience. From cold fruit soup (tasted like a smoothie) to salad, choice of scones, finger sandwiches and desert, it was a lovely afternoon. This is not to be rushed! I think we were they for a good 2+ hours, talking, admiring china, soaking in the atmosphere. This is a lady's experience (and men in touch with themselves)- and a lot of fun! I have already hatched a few plans to return!

1  Thank Pam52787
Reviewed 2 March 2013

From the moment we entered the door this place was relaxing and classy. Fine table linens and china adorn the dining area. The food was excellent and the tea was flavorful. All the food is made on site. The chocolate cake was awesome. We were not rushed. We would definatly come again! There was a cute gift shop in the front parlor as an added bonus!

1  Thank yarnluv