“Wonderful stay, pleasant staff, right off the turnpike, clean”

Holiday Inn Express Hotel And Suites Carlisle Harrisburg Area
Ranked #8 of 27 Hotels in Carlisle
Reviewed 18 April 2014

Love the décor, ease of access, clean, very helpful and pleasant staff. We stayed in the room with the Jacuzzi tub, and it was easy to access and clean. The barista was extra friendly and accommodating.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Eleanor2233
Hotel M, Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel And Suites Carlisle Harrisburg Area, responded to this reviewResponded 24 May 2014

Dear Eleanor2233,

Thank you for taking the time to review your stay with us. We are so happy you enjoyed our hotel. We hope that you will stay with us again!

There are newer reviews for Holiday Inn Express Hotel And Suites Carlisle Harrisburg Area

Reviewed 12 April 2014

Recently stayed here for several days on business. I am a platinum member and therefore, stay at many Holiday Inn branded hotels during the course of my business travels. This one is going to have to improve before I return.
Housekeeping needs to make sure rooms are made up daily. When I return at night I expect that my room will have been serviced, this was not the case here. Sure, I could have called down and asked for that to be done but when I get back after a long day, I should not have to do that. Isn't that what I am paying for?
Interestingly, a colleague I was traveling with found a pair of socks in his bed (not his). So were the sheets changed at all in his room?? Not acceptable.
Lastly, the yummy cinnamon rolls here were stale/crunchy maybe left over from the previous day/s-not good. Do yourself a favor and get your coffee at Rutter's next door.
In order to meet the standards of other Holiday Inns, this one is going to have to make some positive changes. I will pass on my concerns to their corporate office and hopefully these issues can be turned around.
Too bad for a new hotel.

Room Tip: One that housekeeping does not overlook
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank dtowntravler
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel And Suites Carlisle Harrisburg Area, responded to this reviewResponded 28 April 2014

Dear dtowntravler,

Thank you for being an IHG Rewards Club Platinum member and for leaving us a feedback. Please allow us to apologize for the service you received and our breakfast selections did not live up to you expectations. We work very hard to ensure our facilities and guest services are superior and strive to be the best hotel around. For that reason, the comments are troubling and will certainly be looked into. Thank you for staying and we hope you give us another chance to show you how great our hotel is.

Anthony M

Reviewed 20 March 2014

We were greeted wonderfully and the room was comfortable and we were all highly satisfied!!!!!
The room was clean and we woke rested and then had a great breakfast.
The staff was happy and we left with smiles!!!!

• Stayed: March 2014
Hotel M, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel And Suites Carlisle Harrisburg Area, responded to this reviewResponded 31 March 2014

Dear Cutiebeauties,
Thank you for your wonderful review on your recent stay with us. We are so happy to hear you enjoyed your stay with us and that you left with smiles! We hope that you will stay with us in the future and look forward to your next visit. Thank you again.

Reviewed 12 March 2014

We were pleased with the accomodations and the friendliness of the staff. Breakfast was available but was not outstanding. We do plan to stay here again when we attend cooking classes at the Kitchen Shoppe nearby. It is very convenient.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
Hotel M, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel And Suites Carlisle Harrisburg Area, responded to this reviewResponded 14 March 2014

Dear DTroutman2014,

Thank you so much for your review on your recent stay with us. We are so happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us and that you enjoyed our accommodations that we offer. We look forward to seeing you again on your next visit to the Carlisle area!

Reviewed 21 February 2014 via mobile

Stopped here driving south-north. Right off highways and price was fine. Decor is retro meets European and unique.

Beds are comfortable, but I did asked to be switched after getting a noisy pike facing room.

I would recommend this if traveling with pets but not if you have sensitive sinus/allergies as the rooms are heaving cleaned/perfumed.

Stayed: February 2014, travelled solo
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel And Suites Carlisle Harrisburg Area, responded to this reviewResponded 8 March 2014

Dear teachersms,

Thank you for taking the time to share your comments online. It is nice to know that you found our bed accommodations to be comfortable and our location suited your needs. It is truly pleasing on our part to receive commendable feedback from our valued guests like you.

I hope the next time you are in the area, you choose us again for your lodging needs.

Kind Regards,

Pam G

Reviewed 5 February 2014

We had to find a place to stay as the Red Roof in Carlisle had sold and we wouldn't stay there. H.I. allows pets and the place is very new with an interesting décor. The room was clean but noisy as we were beside and exit that slammed every time it closed. The front desk staff was excellent and even though it was more that we would have liked to spend on a room we were satisfied with the value

Room Tip: get a room away from the exits as they are noisy
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple

Dear Kevin H,

Thank you for taking the time to review your stay with us. We are so happy we could accommodate you. We apologize for any inconvenience the noise near the exit may have caused during your stay with us. Should you ever stay with us again, please let us know that you would like to be away from the exits and we will gladly do our best to accommodate you. We are so happy you enjoyed our décor and that you found our front desk staff exceptional. We look forward to you staying with again should your travels bring you to the Carlisle area!

Reviewed 20 January 2014 via mobile

This hotel put us up against the Pennsylvania Turnpike. We heard traffic all night long. They moved our room at 1:30 am then all night long we heard yelling and screaming from the room next door. We called the front desk about a dozen times. They said sorry for any inconvenience. It sounds like the kids were being either neglected or being abused. Well this hotel allows 8 people in one room which is a fire hazard. 6 kids and 2 so called adults who does not know how to control their children. The hotel said there was only one baby in the room. Well anyone knows that a baby can't talk. I threaten to call DCF or the local police about the children's well being. Well the hotel got scared and they let these so called parents know what I was going to do if they failed to control the uncontrollable children. So the hotel called the police to report me treating to call DCF. The uncontrollable children were yelling, screaming, banging the walls. We paid to get sleep. We did not get what we paid for. When I was trying to get done and out of the hotel the police came banging on our door asking me if I threaten to call child welfare services. I told him yes because it sounded like either there were multiple children being abused or neglected or both. The officer told me that the hotel called the police because the people who had the uncontrollable children got scared. I feel that the parents need to understand that they need to be responsible for their children's behavior. When the so called parents were leaving they slammed the door and I peeked my head out and I just told the so called father that he needed to learn how to keep control of his children. This is a hotel no a zoo. I complained to the so called general manager and she said sorry for any inconvenience that this may have caused. I told her that I paid for sleep. I did not get that. The general manager said that she would not put up with screaming uncontrollable brats. I almost got in to a bad car wreck because I didn't get my proper sleep that I paid for. The general manager called me and made up excuses and told me if I didn't like how I was treated or my stay I don't have to return this Holiday Inn Express in Carisle, Pennsylvania. I told her I would never return to this hotel ever again. I advised her if she were to take care of our bill, or 50% off I would leave this be. She got really rude with me and I then hung up on her. I am not telling anyone what to do, but if I were you I would not sleep here if you really want a good night's rest. If you want to hear slamming doors or the Pennsylvania Turnpike traffic all night long and rude staff, then stay here.

Stayed: December 2013, travelled with family
15  Thank California90210
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel And Suites Carlisle Harrisburg Area, responded to this reviewResponded 6 February 2014

Dear California90210,

First of all, thank you very much for your recent stay at our hotel. I am so sorry to see you did not enjoy your overall experience with us. We’d like to obtain some additional detail regarding your experience so we have sent you a private message. We hope to have the honor of serving you again should your travels bring you back to Carlisle.

Karen G.