“Steak Steak & more Steak”

Hoss's Steak & Sea House
Ranked #22 of 167 Restaurants in Carlisle
Price range: US$6 - US$29
Good for: Child-friendly, Groups
Description: Hoss’s Steak and Sea House is a family restaurant featuring fresh-cut steaks, seafood, and tender chicken entrees…all cooked to order!Enjoy our fresh and wholesome Soup & Salad Bar with homemade soups, just-baked breads, fresh fruits, delicious desserts, and soft-serve ice cream. We feature a fun menu for kids and offer family-style banquets in our comfortable banquet rooms
Reviewed 7 February 2014 via mobile

If U enjoy a good steak & your in the area stop in. I loved my steaks. They were seasoned & cooked Right. My server was very polite.

Reviewed 10 December 2013

After reading other reviews, I decided to give this place a try. I was not disappointed. The salad, soup, and dessert bars are wonderful. They are clean and feature fresh food.

I had the steak and shrimp. When my food came, I was almost full. The shrimp scampi was seasoned well and my steak was perfectly cooked.

Jenny was my server. She was really friendly and attentive. I would recommend her especially and this establishment if you're looking for a great relaxing dining experience.

~Lakeisha B.

Missy H, Social Media Director at Hoss's Steak & Sea House, responded to this reviewResponded 13 December 2013

Thank you for choosing the Carlisle Hoss's for your dining experience. Our salad bar is the centerpiece of our operation and we are pleased that you had an enjoyable dining experience. We hope that you will choose Hoss's again in the future.

Reviewed 1 November 2013 via mobile

Really enjoyed the salad bar.....lots of choices and reasonably priced. Got salad bar along with steak and had to take the steak to go as was very very full. They had great dessert selection, breads, salad greens, pasta salads, soups, nachos, and fruit. Atmosphere was comfortable and they have a separate room for larger groups or meetings. The crab cakes were also good. Would return.

Missy H, Social Media Director at Hoss's Steak & Sea House, responded to this reviewResponded 8 November 2013

Thank you for writing a review for our Carlisle location. Our Soup & Salad bar is the centerpiece of our restaurant and we strive to provide great quality food at a reasonable price. Your patronage is greatly appreciated and we look forward to serving you again soon.

Reviewed 14 October 2013

We found ourselves in Carlisle, PA and in need of lunch. A quick search with my phone revealed the usual poor fast food choices, but then I happened across Hoss's. It looked promising, so in we went.

Bottom line: I would eat here again by choice. The salad bar was excellent, and included bread and soups and desserts. Our lunch was simple (by choice) burgers, and they were good if somewhat average. That's a good average, though, and the fries were tasty!

The restaurant was clean, the servers friendly and helpful, the restrooms clean, and again, the salad bar spectacular.

For first-timers, it's a bit off-putting to have to order at the register up front before you've been seated, but you'll quickly adapt and enjoy some good food.

Solidly recommended.

1  Thank Robert B
Missy H, Social Media Director at Hoss's Steak & Sea House, responded to this reviewResponded 17 October 2013

Thank you for taking the time to write a review for our Carlisle location. Your positive review is greatly appreciated and we are so happy that you were able to experience our "hoss'pitality". We hope we are able to serve you again in the future.

Reviewed 10 October 2013

We dined for lunch here with a group of about 50. In addition to the salad bar, that was very good, we were served grilled chicken, stuffing and mashed potatoes with gravy. It was very salty. The service was excellent, as was the accommodations.

I might have given a higher rating if I ordered off the menu, but I didn't have an opportunity to do so. Considering the numbers in our party, this was a good choice.

Missy H, Social Media Director at Hoss's Steak & Sea House, responded to this reviewResponded 13 October 2013

Thank you for taking the time to write a review for our Carlisle location. We are sorry to hear that your food was too salty and apologize that we were unable to correct this for you. We do hope that you will visit us again and try the variety of other dinner options we have and to enjoy our Soup & Salad Bar.