Best Western Carlisle
  • Pool
Pike Motel(Carlisle)
Rodeway Inn(Carlisle)
View Hotel
All reviewsbest westernsquiet place to stayroom was cleancontinental breakfastoutdoor poolvalue for the moneybagelsconvenient locationno frillsfridge and microwavelong drivefitness centernight's sleepbwmotelturnpikeupgrades
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 6 October 2012

As others have said,comfortable beds.Clean rooms and bathroom.Nice that it is slightly off main road,and within walking distance of the restaurant Hoss's which is my son's favorite when we go to carlisle for the car shows,and easier to walk there than trying to find a space on a busy night.Prices jacked up because of car show,but no different than some of the other "name" hotels......

Stayed: October 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 21 September 2012

Hotel is a little off the road which makes it a quiet place to stay. Sufficient for a nights sleep. Interior a little bland for my taste. It could I use some color. Hallways are long and I was on the end of one hall which made for a long walk to the front desk. The clerk would not allow me to use my Best Western Rewards card because she said I had a discount coupon and B/W doesn't give points with the use of a coupon. Overall it was better than some I've stayed in. The breakfast was very basic with no extras. Room was clean and basic. The exterior door locked when someone went out which made me feel safe, card required to re-enter.

Stayed: September 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 9 July 2012

We stayed at the Best Western during graduation weekend. We were disappointed not to get a room in town at the Comfort Hotel which would have been the most convenient, but this motel proved a very good alternative. The drive back and forth to campus was certainly not onerous. Wish we had discovered it sooner than graduation weekend.

Hotel is family run. The hotel owner's son is a Dickinson grad. The smells of freshly cooked Indian food when we checked in were a little off-putting, but that was mostly at the check in desk. I only smelled it that one time. The room was totally fine and large. The hotel is very clean and well tended. The staff is very nice. We felt very safe.

Good value and nice owners.

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 8 July 2012

Contrary to the other reviews, we did not have any problems here. Stayed here for one night on a family trip. Our room was a nice size, had a refrigerator, and we had plenty of hot water. The location offers easy access to the highway. It is a bit more expensive than some of the other hotels/motels in town. But probably one of the better choices.

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 16 May 2012

When my wife got out of the shower, the water was up to her ankles. I waited for the water to go down. When I finished my shower, I was standing in ankle deep water. Then the toilet stopped up. When we went to the bare bones free breakfast, I asked them to fix our problem. They got the toilet flushing, but not the sink or tub. When we checked out, there was no mention of a discount for our inconvenience. When I asked for a discount, I was told that since I had a green book coupon rate of 64.99, they would not offer a further reduction. Apparently coupons are second class citizens. Then the lady said that since they don't offer best western rewards for coupon rates, she would credit me with 650 points for clogged tub and sink. I was not impressed at all.

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled as a couple