“Not as good this time”

Best Western Carlisle
Ranked #10 of 27 Hotels in Carlisle
Reviewed 31 March 2014

We had stayed here (3) times before. Overall still OK and good price. However the general feel has gone down. The Breakfast that used to be excellent was not very good with very limited choices. The girl checking me in did not put my Best Western frequent stay number so that will be a hassle.

Room Tip: Try to stay on the left side near the entrance door by the pool. This is the quite side at night.
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled with family
JimP83, General Manager at Best Western Carlisle, responded to this reviewResponded 2 April 2014

Joeygs7 : Thank your for your review. I am not sure when was the last few times you stayed with us but we have added and are adding more items to our breakfast buffet. you can reach me at 717-243-6200 and i'll be more then happy to add your Best western rewards number on your stay. I am sorry to hear that we did not meet your expectation.

Reviewed 28 March 2014

Two minutes off the PA Turnpike at the Carlisle exit.
Staff is friendly, helpful and efficient.
Very clean bath. Extremely comfortable bed.
Eggs, sausage, waffles, cereal, etc, etc. Plenty for breakfast.
A value at below $60. Especially when $80-$100 rooms at other chains are commonplace in the area.
Would definitely stop again.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled solo
JimP83, General Manager at Best Western Carlisle, responded to this reviewResponded 31 March 2014

Thank you for your generous review. We'd like to ensure that guest feel that we provide quality stay at a reasonable price. The staff an I like to thank you for your stay and hope to see you soon.

Reviewed 7 March 2014

After staying at your hotel several times it is comforting to know that it is still consistently a great place to relax after a long trip. We always plan our trip to spend a night at Carlisle if we have reason to be within the area. You should set an example with all the Best Western Hotels on how to run that business. Great job Carlisle management!

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Best Western
JimP83, General Manager at Best Western Carlisle, responded to this reviewResponded 10 March 2014

To Thomas B, Thank you for your recent review of Best western Carlisle. I am glad to know that your stay was pleasant. I'd like to thank you for your repeat business and hope to see again soon.

Reviewed 2 March 2014

I travel to Carlisle, at least 6 times a year. I will stay here every time, or until the hotel some how changes to the bad. I really enjoy the free continental breakfast. The rooms are immaculate - I have never had a bad room, always exceptionally clean. Staff are courteous & polite from the front desk staff to the maid service. You always feel welcome when you stay here.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Best Western
Thank John W. B
JimP83, General Manager at Best Western Carlisle, responded to this reviewResponded 5 March 2014

Thank you for your review. I am glad to know that we met the expectation for your future stays in Carlisle, PA. Me and my staff will always keep the property at our level best so we can meet the exceed expectation of our guest. Thank you !

Reviewed 27 February 2014

I have been on a role in my traveling. I bet my last 20 or so hotels I have stayed at have been satisfactory or above. My streak continues with here. I lucked out with an amazing priceline deal, but found the online rate AAA at 53 for our room well worth it if we would have booked that route. Our room, 165, is at the end of the hall and convenient to parking. This room is worth twice that of their regular rate. The staff, including the manager/owner, are great. All front desk staff were polite and helpful. We were a pain in the butt with requests this trip. The place is probably the cleanest I have ever encountered. I notice things as does the gf, and nothing was in sight with dirtiness. The rooms were spacious. The wifi, which I am using now, works great. The breakfast is above normal offerings. The shower is great. The new tv has plenty of channels. the location is very convenient. I leave many positive reviews but rarely leave as pleased as I do with this stay. In return to this area, we will certainly be back.

Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank gburn07
JimP83, Owner at Best Western Carlisle, responded to this reviewResponded 28 February 2014

Thank you for your recent review on Best western Carlisle. My staff and I like to ensure that we provide a quality stay at a decent rate. I am glad to know that your found your stay pleasant. We hope that you had a good trip , and if your ever in the area please to stop by. Thank you !

Reviewed 10 February 2014

We stayed at this hotel which is centrally located for business in Carlisle. it was extremely clean, great rates, comfortable bed and good breakfast. We would definitely stay here again if we are in Carlisle on any future trips.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled on business
JimmyMac_84, Manager at Best Western Carlisle, responded to this reviewResponded 15 February 2014

Thank you for your generous comment. We take pride in providing our guest with clean and friendly service. We appreciate your business and hope to see you again.

Jim Pandya

Reviewed 8 February 2014

Super convenient location less than 5 minutes off the PA Turnpike. Clean room with excellent bedding. Bathroom was very clean, though there was a little moisture damage to the drywall tape above the shower. Bedding was high quality. Overall condition and feel of the room was comforting plus there was a view of farmland out the window. Continental breakfast could be improved by offering some healthier options, such as better yogurt. Theirs was full of refined sugar, etc. A small negative comment toward the low quality yogurt and the processed scrambled egg discs. Breakfast did feature plenty of healthy carbs options such as OJ and raisin bran. Coffee, tea, milk and the breakfast staff were nicely pleasant.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled on business

Thank you for your recent review on the Best western Carlisle. We value on proving out guest with quality bedding and clean bathrooms. I will take your comments and will try to make right adjustment to our continental breakfast.

Jim Pandya