“Good experience”

Ranked #10 of 26 Hotels in Carlisle
Christiansburg
“Good experience”
Reviewed 1 June 2014

Very pleased from check-in to check-out. Friendly, helpful staff. Very clean and comfortable room. Good breakfast. It is obvious that this is a well-managed inn. Internet connection was fast and dependable.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple

1 Thank Thomas J
JimP83, General Manager at Best Western Carlisle, responded to this review, 2 June 2014
To Thomas J : Thank you for your stay and your recent review of Best western Carlisle on TripAdvisor. The staff an I like to thank you for your generous review, and hope to see you soon.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (17)
Johnstown, Pennsylvania
Reviewed 28 May 2014

I've been to Carlisle numerous times and have stayed in several places. This hotel was fine, rooms were clean and moderate. However, if I hadn't called back a few days after booking, I would not have had the room. After the stay, they took another credit card from my girlfriend who told them I had already given them a card. So they billed her and not me. When I called back a few days later when I found they hadn't charged me, but her, I was told to not raise my voice, when in fact I wasn't at all. I wanted the problem rectified. However when they still have your card on file, it makes a person nervous. Now they have both on file. A former review stated the same thing. Jimmy [---] proceeded to take a very defensive position, and as a manager, I would say that he simply could have apologize for wasting my time on THEIR error. Instead, he continued to say I was yelling and talked over me. It was a simple fix, but when I questioned HIM, I was met with his demeaning tone. He obviously has anger issues or perception issues, either or, not a good quality for someone working a front desk and who has to serve the public. I will never stay there again. In fact, my advice is to just go across the street to the Holiday Inn Express, or the Motel Six at their entrance and save the poor treatment. I don't expect people to kiss up to me, but I do expect them to know how to talk to a customer that had an issue that is critical. I will watch my account now as I really don't know if it is safe. Thanks Jimmy.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank went78
JimP83, General Manager at Best Western Carlisle, responded to this review, 30 May 2014
To Went78 ; I appreciate your stay with us and thank you for your business. I am glad that your found your stay adequate for the price you paid. I apologize for the front desk error. Whenever there is a multiple cards on file there is usually some sort mishaps with what what cards to charge. When you called in , I apologized for the error and wanted to ensure what card to charge and which one that needed to be refunded,so I can correct the issue. You were consistently yelling and were on the phone for over twenty minutes.. When the issue was corrected within few minutes of your call..Sorry to have lost your business.. Thank you , Jimmy Pandya
Reviewed 23 May 2014

Along the main Carlisle strip and close to the turnpike. Friendly, clean, and comfortable. No lounge or entertainment, but continental breakfast and fitness center. A bit pricey for not a lot of amenities.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Best Western

To jodit33 :- Thank you for your stay and your review. We appreciate your business. I am not sure when did you stay with us but during special events we do increase the rate. Its basically a common practice in the hospitality industry. I am glad to know that you found that hotel clean and friendly. Thank you !
Derry
Reviewed 16 May 2014 via mobile

This is a clean well priced but moderate hotel. We used the coupons from the interstate magazine to get great rate. The breakfeast is nothing special. It did have sausage and eggs. Staff were friendly, clean rooms,beds,linins are fine. This is a good but basic hotel.I would stay again.

• Stayed May 2014
Brett C :- Thank you for your stay and the review. I am glad to know that you found the hotel reasonable for the price you paid. I have added more Items and are adding more in the complimentary breakfast, Again I'd like to thank you for your stay , and hope to see you soon.
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
Reviewed 13 May 2014

Hotel was very clean,the staff were very curteous and helpful. Rooms were nice and looked new. Great location right off the highway and a much better value than the hotels in nearby Harrisburg and Lancaster.

Room Tip: Might want to ask not to be put by the main entrance. On a busier weekend it may have been annoying...
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled on business
pgh1 :- Thank you for your stay and your generous review. Here at Best western Carlisle we like to ensure that we have provided a quality stay at reasonable price. Thank you for your stay and hope to see you soon.
Newark, OH, United States
Reviewed 13 May 2014

Great value. Nice setting. Nearby restaurant had great good at a moderate price. Refrigerator in room was a nice surprise. Easy to get to and from the turnpike. Free newspapers were a nice touch. Great fitness room.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Best Western

Jerry S :- Thank you for your stay and your review. We like to ensure that we provide a quality stay at reasonable price and hope to exceed expectation of all the guest who stay here. Thank you for your generous review and hope to see you soon.
Carlisle, United States
Reviewed 12 May 2014

Would never stay at a Best Western again, and would never recommend the Best Western of Carlisle, PA. Fraudelent activity throughout the hotel staff, no record keeping of cash transaction for my room they attempted to charge my credit card for the weekend (even though I paid for the rooms in full for cash as they requested the first night). My original credit card that put this room on hold (and that was the only thing this specific card was used for) was a victim to fraud as it had been used within PA, (im from NY), no receipts would be given and accuracy of price was terrible especially since I had a confirmation email, they would not honor it originally. Sketchy service overall and my group will be staying elsewhere next year, nothing but trouble.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with friends