“walnut botton diner,carlisle,pa”

Walnut Bottom Diner
Ranked #12 of 159 Restaurants in Carlisle
Cuisines: American, Diner
Good for: Cheap Eats, Kids, Child-friendly, Groups, Local cuisine
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Brunch, Breakfast, After-hours, Highchairs Available, Parking Available, Seating, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Gadsden, Alabama
“walnut botton diner,carlisle,pa”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 June 2014

i ordered chicken fingers and fries. they were really good and hot, the chicken figners were not too hard and dry. it came with a salad and another side. it was more thani could eat, i took part of my chicken fingers ina to go box. my husband had a different experience. he wanted a chili dog.when the waitress checked she told him he would have to order a bowl of chili to have some put on his hot dog.he told her to just forget about the hot dog,since he would have to pay for a bowl of chili anyway, and he would just eat the bowl fo chili instead. when our food was brought, the hot dog was brought to him also.evidenty she didn't understand him he cancelled the hot dog and just ordered the chili. also the more we got away from the south the more problems we had with ordering meals in restaurants, they couldn't understand our southern accent.

Visited May 2014
1 Thank catherine b

Lancaster County, Pennsylvania
“Diner food, fast service”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 June 2014

Ate here when we were saying nearby. The service was extraordinarily fast, even though there seemed to be plenty of customers. we ordered an omelet ( breakfast all day) , a reuben sandwich, and a bacon cheeseburger. All three meals were good, not great, but good. no complaints really, we did not leave hungry. Prices were average, maybe a bit pricey for diner food. Waitress was friendly, and not pestering. Looked to be a good breakfast spot.

1 Thank 4PATravellers
Beaufort, South Carolina
“Great stop when travelling”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 June 2014

We were hungry for lunch while travelling through Pennsylvania, and did not want Ronald Mc Barf or the other fast junk...we wanted to sit down and relax. Wow...what a pleasant experience. The service was phenomenal, and the food was hot and almost as fast as the fast food places. We both had wraps, and they were delicious.
Anyone who is travelling on I-81 and is in the Carlisle area, take a moment to get off the I, and relax and enjoy lunch or supper here. You won't regret it. We intend to go back when we travel through again. OH...DON'T be alarmed if you see a lot of cars there. The place is huge, and while there were a lot of cars when we were there, it did not slow down service or taste.

1 Thank Christopher J
Philadelphia, PA
“Excellent food coupled with excellent service!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 June 2014

I had a piece of prime rib that taste like it was cooked at a premier steakhouse. The food was hot, served promptly and reasonably priced. I was pleasantly surprised at how much I enjoyed my meal. I travel often for business and eat out regularly. I highly recommend this diner!!

1 Thank preconnect
Newville, Pennsylvania
“First Visit Was A Hit”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 May 2014

We stopped one night on the way home for the first time just before dinner time and got breakfast which happens to be our favorite meal. The folks that own the Fairgrounds Diner in Carlisle also own this establishment.

The place was clean, the server was excellent, the food arrived quickly and was hot and tasty. We could not ask for much more, especially since I drink large amounts with my meal and the waitress kept on top of keeping my glass full. I asked if she could bring me a picture to save her the hassle of filling my glass and was told they do not have pictures.

We will definitely be back to visit again.

• Visited May 2014