Residence Inn by Marriott Harrisburg Carlisle
Ranked #8 of 27 Hotels in Carlisle
Reviewed 20 August 2014

Last stop on my drive back to New York from Chicago.

Used airline miles to give myself a treat--well worth it. This place is quality, quality, quality. Suites are large and well designed, with a swiveling, large TV that can face either the living room, dining area or bedroom. Room has large refrigerator/freezer, kitchen supplies, etc. Nice bathroom and anteroom area.

Nice sized pool and exercise area. Very welcoming lobby/"hanging out" area with cookies, little nooks with TVs, computer, etc.

Employees are super professional and exceptionally friendly. Breakfast is outstanding--fantastic selection of fresh items, many of them warm. Property is in excellent condition.

Only stayed here one night but this is an excellent place to serve as a base for explorations in the area (Gettysburg, Hershey).

Only thing to watch out for--when exiting the Turnpike (I-76) and heading onto US 11, one needs to make a left at the first light to reach the hotel, which is not easily identifiable. This is next to impossible, however, as there is a barrier between the Turnpike exit lanes and the US11 lanes. I came in the late afternoon so it wasn't overly challenging, but at nighttime I could see it being much more difficult.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled solo

Reviewed 16 July 2014

We needed a place to stay the night after a day at Hershey Park. The hotels in Hershey were ridiculously overpriced. We looked around for hotels in nearby towns. I'm so glad we did! We found this hotel for a good bit less than the hotels in Hershey. It was worth the drive. Residence Inn is one of my favorites in the Marriott chain. The vibe at Residence Inn is very down to earth without sacrificing Marriott's high level of service. Our room was a beautiful King room with a pull out couch. The standard kitchenette is always a nice feature in these rooms. I just wished we had more people with us to enjoy the trip.

The hotel was very quiet. I had a wonderful night's sleep after an exhausting day at Hershey Park.

The complimentary breakfast was wonderful. Loads of options. The staff was attentive and kept the food trays stocked.

Great stay. Great staff. No complaints (other than I wish that I had more people to share the experience with).

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank HRRunner
Reviewed 18 June 2014

Useful information: 1) A mile from Route 81 and a mile from the PA Turnpike; 2) A double is about $150 per night plus tax; 3) All rooms are suites with kitchen and living room.

Marriott Residence Inn is a consistent brand that offers spacious clean suites and a good breakfast, The hotel is 4 miles north of Carlisle and close to the major highways. Rooms were clean, quiet, and comfortable. I stayed here in 2009, as well.

Minor annoyance: it took three phone calls to get a confirmation emailed to me. The price is steep for this location. Similar hotels in like areas are in the $109-$129 range.

If this review is helpful then please indicate so below.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Trek-Always
Reviewed 5 June 2014

I have nothing but great things to say about this hotel. The staff is outstanding and extremely responsive. The rooms are large, well-designed, climate-controlled, and clean. The beds are comfortable and there is plenty of storage space. The kitchen with full-size refrigerators in some rooms is a plus. They even reduced my rate (significantly) from the one I originally booked without me asking. When I had to leave suddenly for a family emergency at 10:00 pm, the front desk clerk did not charge for the night. Wow!!! If you come to stay in Carlisle, definitely choose this hotel.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
3  Thank USMA1989
Reviewed 28 May 2014

You have to look for this hotel, but it is worth finding. We lucked out with free taco bar for happy hour and since I managed to have a broken leg, it worked out great. the dollar wine was a hit also.
Breakfast was a hit also. Room and bed was nice. No complaints.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank tcakaren
Reviewed 20 May 2014

I just checked out after three days of non-stop graduation events, including two lunches in their breakfast/lounge area. Everyone was SOOOOO accommodating - cleaning the grill for us to use, giving us plates when we ran out and the best was Seth going into the kitchen to search for more hamburger buns because we ran short. I was so pleasantly surprised by their desire to help us out, to go above and beyond what is "required" of a hotel. Seth and Emily (and really everybody) deserves big kudos!
I've stayed here once before and the rooms were nice, always clean and fresh and larger than most - having a kitchenette makes a big difference for a long weekend with lots of guests. One morning my room was cleaned while I was at breakfast (they noticed I was downstairs and got it cleaned up).
It's quiet (as long as our group isn't there), it's lovely, and the staff are some of the best I've ever seen at any hotel - ever.
Highly, highly, highly recommend.

Room Tip: It was nice having a little suite. It's a bit more expensive but I thought worth it. If you h...
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank easytrav2010
jrockmaker, General Manager at Residence Inn by Marriott Harrisburg Carlisle, responded to this reviewResponded 27 May 2014

Thank you for taking the time out of your day to share your thoughts with all of us here on Tripadvisor. The kind words regarding Seth and Emily are exactly what we strive for. Our staff prides themselves on exceeding the expectations of our valued guests. It puts a smile on my face to know that you took advantage of the amenities we offer. We will look forward to your next visit to us. We will have the grill fired up for you and ready to go! Thank you so much for your business!

Jeremy Rockmaker

Reviewed 27 April 2014

Have stayed at Residence Inns across the country, this one did not disappoint. Great staff, clean rooms and nice extras like evening cookies and dinner features. Room was clean and well appointed. It was a bit pricier than other hotels but well worth it. For this price I expect great service and accommodations and they deliver it. I will stay here again.

Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
jrock3, General Manager at Residence Inn by Marriott Harrisburg Carlisle, responded to this reviewResponded 14 May 2014

Thank you for taking the time out of your day to share your experience with everyone on Tripadvisor. We are most appreciative for the kind words regarding your recent stay with us. We strive for excellence and it is always nice to hear our customer voice confirming just that. Thanks again for your business. We will look forward to your return to us!

Jeremy Rockmaker