“Great stay around Carlisle Barracks”

and 1 more site!
Residence Inn Harrisburg Carlisle
Ranked #9 of 26 Hotels in Carlisle
Kentucky
“Great stay around Carlisle Barracks”
Reviewed 9 November 2009

As a government employee, i have the opportunity to travel nation wide. I have come to know various chains that are Military friendly and actually welcome them. I shied away from Residence Inns after haveing some not so welcomed stays. This Inn was excellent, tucked close to Carlisle Barracks. From the time i walked into the door, the staff was amazingly friendly and professional. They welcomed me in and had me in my room in 10 minutes, as if they expected my exact arrival time. I arrived on a Sunday and spent the entire week. The rooms were clean, fresh and the house service left personalized notes (Thanks Linda). The evening meals and socials were confortable and not expected at the price. It happen to be the start of the World Series, so the Night Manager had "special" beverages for me and my team throught out the entire week. Needless to say, it's brought me back to Residence Inn's. I just hope that as i travel, the others live up this standard. Thank you to the management and staff for your kind services and great facilities......IF YOUR TDY TO THE AREA, ALL MILITARY MUST STAY HERE...........

• Stayed October 2009, travelled on business

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (46)
Chittenango, New York
Reviewed 9 November 2009

I stay at Marriott properties on business and pleasure, our stay at Carlisle was the most relaxing and cheerful ever!! The Staff went out of their way when we went to check out and saw that Breakfast was over. They asked if they could make us something, but there was still enough there for us to have a very satisfying meal...The Kitchen Staff went as far as asking if there was anything that they could put together for us to take on there road...Highly recommend staying here...We will definitely stay there again!!!

• Stayed November 2009, travelled as a couple
New Jersey
Reviewed 5 November 2009

This was our fourth time staying at this hotel. We always stay at this hotel when visiting Gettysburg but have also stayed here for the Pennsylvania Renaissance Faire and Hershey Park. It's definitely worth the trip and is our favorite hotel in Central Pennsylvania. The rooms are very large and clean, including a modern kitchen. Customer service always friendly and helpful. Even when booking through Priceline we aren't treated like second class customers and are always made to feel welcome and at home here. We've stayed at other Residence Inn's but this one is more modern by far. It's a newer property only a couple of years old and superior to the Hampton Inn next door. The pool and Jacuzzi are wonderful. As is the complimentary breakfast buffet in the morning which includes eggs, waffles and other hot choices. Also free parking. I can go on and on. This place is great and I highly recommend you try it next time you're in the area. Lots of great shopping 20 minutes away in Mechanicsburg down the road. Harrisburg's nearby also. We're looking forward to staying again very soon.

• Stayed September 2009, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 2 November 2009

Great place to stay! Definately will be sure to stay at Marriot Residence Inn's from now on when we road trip it. We enjoyed pool & the Free Breakfast was awesome!!!! Very Very Nice!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Stayed October 2009, travelled with family
Reviewed 12 October 2009

This past Wednesday, October 7, my family and I had reservations at the Residence Inn Harrisburg Carlisle. I just wanted to take the opportunity to tell you about a wonderful young man, Christopher at the front desk. I arrived with my parents, one of whom has Alzheimer’s. I had reserved 2 rooms for the night and unfortunately, they were not right beside each other as I needed. Chris took the time and was very patient with me to accommodate my wishes and was able to switch some things around in order to make this happen!

Additionally, once we got to the rooms and realized the internet wasn’t working, he not only took the time to contact the help desk, but later found an Ethernet cable that I could use!

Being a Marriott Silver Member, we really appreciate it when one of your staff goes above and beyond to make our stay wonderful…that is why we always try to stay at your properties.

Again, I just wanted to say “thank you” and tell you what a wonderful employee you have in Chris!

• Stayed October 2009, travelled with family
Reviewed 6 October 2009

I stay in Marriotts and Hiltons. A lot of them. All over the country. I have never, ever found this combination for ANY price: all of the staff are pleasant, helpful and very good at their jobs. Everything is clean and in good repair. I would go out of my way to stay there for business or leisure.

• Stayed October 2009, travelled as a couple
Atlanta, Georgia
Reviewed 24 June 2009

Pros:
Decent size suite, comfortable bed, breakfast pretty good, fitness center had good variety of machines

Cons:
Staff was not very helpful/knowledgeable, oven would have been nice, small bedroom, poor internet bandwidth

• Stayed June 2009, travelled with family
2 Thank H4VT
vince1230, Manager at Residence Inn Harrisburg Carlisle, responded to this review, 12 October 2009
I want to apologize for the inconvenience. The Residence Inn Carlisle has only 12 rooms with ovens. We try to ensure that guest staying for extended stays get first opportunity for ovens. We suggest that guests request ovens if needed. Thanks again for your compliments.