“Impressed”

Ranked #25 of 26 Hotels in Carlisle
Atlanta, Georgia
“Impressed”
Reviewed 1 October 2013

Very impressed by hotel staff & service. Specially hotel with bar / restaurant and huge parking. We had a newly upgraded rooms, breakfast really cool. I must say best on exit. Well hotel does have a issue, owner & manager are actively involved to resolved.

Room Tip: Best on exits
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank angle f

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (13)
Arlington, MA
Reviewed 29 September 2013

Gaah. I've read about better hotels in H. P. Lovecraft stories.

First off, this place is situated in a blasted heath directly across the road from a truck wash. Carlisle, PA appears to be a town dominated entirely by trucks and truck-related emporia -- so it makes sense that the Howard Johnson's in Carlisle looks like a place where truckers might ... sheesh, I don't know ... drink themselves to death, re-create favorite scenes from David Lynch movies, or enjoy a night of illicit something-or-other -- maybe even with another human being.

Not that I have anything against truckers. My ex father-in-law drives a truck. Great guy.

The man at the front desk was ... ummm, I think the word is "obsequious." He sort of simpered and appeared to be pre-deflecting criticism he hadn't yet received but was confident was on its way. We tiptoed to our room, hoping no other doors would open. The ice machine looked like it had been hit with a missile of some kind. The room smelled funny and the carpet was damp. There was a weird collapse-y couch in the room. I did not get along well with that couch.

We did not brave the continental breakfast. Based on other reviews here, that was a good choice.

In sum, this institution won't set your wallet on fire, but it may make you feel lucky you don't live in Carlisle, PA.

Room Tip: There are no good rooms. I am confident of that. If there were good rooms at one time, they left in...
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled with friends

Travellers are raving about these Carlisle hotels

carboncat
Reviewed 28 September 2013

Total trucker hotel, dirty, beat up. We got a cheap deal on Priceline doing a name-your-own price late at night, when we'd been driving all day. I fell into bed and tried not to look at the stain on the comforter. The bed was reasonably comfortable and the sheets were reasonably clean, but that's where the positives end.

The place is right across the street from a truck wash. The bathroom is moldy and smells like mildew. But you won't smell it until you step in the shower, because the carpet will be wet and reeking of industrial orange cleaner. The water coming out of the faucet is hot but the shower is ice-cold. I washed myself off hovering over the tub and got out of there as fast as I could. As soon as I got to my house three hours later, I was in the shower scrubbing my hair. Enough said.

Room Tip: Don't do it.
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled with family
Travellers also viewed these Carlisle hotels
Econo Lodge Carlisle
Holiday Inn Express Hotel And Suites Carlisle Harrisburg Area
Best Western Carlisle
Best Western Carlisle
#10 of 26 in Carlisle

Been to Diamond Inn? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about Diamond Inn

Property: Diamond Inn
Address: 1245 Harrisburg Pike, Carlisle, PA 17013-1621 (Formerly Knights Inn Carlisle)
Region: United States > Pennsylvania > Carlisle
Business Centre with Internet Access Free High Speed Internet ( WiFi ) Free Parking Pets Allowed ( Dog / Pet Friendly ) Suites Wheelchair access
Ranked #25 of 26 Hotels in Carlisle
Price Range (Based on Average Rates): £
Hotel Class:2 star — Diamond Inn 2*
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Odigeo, Travel Republic (UK), Priceline, Traveltool, S.L.U., Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly and Cancelon so you can book your Diamond Inn reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
Howard Johnson Carlisle