“Totally DISGUSTING”
Review of Diamond Inn

Diamond Inn
Ranked #25 of 27 Hotels in Carlisle
Reviewed 2 July 2007

DO NOT STAY HERE!!!! We stayed here with my daughter's softball team for a tournament weekend. Upon check in we were greeted by the two rudist people I have ever met. The room was large and that is the best thing I can say about it. It smelled so disgusting that we had to open the windows just to be able to breathe. The bathroom was filthy my daughters white socks were black within 15 minutes of walking on the floors. The bathroom was beyond dirty and I killed at least 10 bugs in the bathtub. We checked in late and had no remote for the television, the phone did not work and the toilet wouldn't flush. When I called the front desk (from my cell phone) I was told to walk down to the front desk and they would give me a remote but because it was in such a bad area I was afraid to walk down the dark hill through a wooded area to get the remote. Finally after much arguing they sent someone to the room to fix the toilet and he brought the remote with him. The person they sent to fix the toilet was maybe 14 years old and didn't know which end of the plunger to use to fix it. After an hour of waiting we were told to switch rooms. The second room smelled even worse. This hotel is full of mold!!!! Because we had a group rate we had no choice but to stay here.

The next evening I ventured down to the "main lobby in search of some milk and walked into the "restaurant" located in the bar. There were at least 25 men in the bar and a bunch just hanging around outside. Do not stay here with a family the atmosphere is scary and two individuals started to follow me when I was leaving to go back to my room. I had to go back into the hotel and find an alternate exit that was safer so I could get back to my room safely.

Oh by the way the pool has a bulldozer parked in front of it and is partially dug up so therefore unable to be used. The hotel neglected to mention this when we booked 2 weeks ago and were told that they had a pool.

If you thought that Howard Johnsons was a name you can trust for a simple clean place to stay, think again. I wll never again trust that a Howard Johnsons is a decent hotel. We were not looking for a 4 star hotel but I would say you couldn't even give this hotel 1 star.

Oh by the way if you do decide to stay here don't expect that the maid service will clean or make the beds apparently this is not in their job description. At least 6 of my daughters team mates rooms were not even touched by the cleaning staff for 3 days.

I hope this saves someone from making same mistake we made!!

• Stayed: June 2007
    • Check-in / front desk
1  Thank winnie6611

Reviewed 17 August 2006

I just wanted to let everyone know how bad my experience was ar the Howard Johnson in Carlisle, Pa. I will never again stay at a Howard Johnson Hotel. First, When we checked in, the desk person could not tear herself away from the TV. I think she might have said sign here. Then when we got to our room, it was suppose to be smoking, but there were no ashtrays. Then there was no toilet paper in the room. The pillows were terrible. Then when we returned to stay the second night the door key had been deactivated. When we checked out, again a different man was at the desk did not say anything. I did return the survey for what good it did. I would not have stayed the second night but I booked online and had already paid, and didn't want to go through the trouble of credit. The price was cheap but, I don't think I even got my money's worth. I would have paid a little more for much better service.

1  Thank KYDK
Reviewed 10 August 2004

This is a good hotel for a family to stay. We stayed here while visiting Hershey Park and Gettysburg. It was convenient to stay here as it is near to the activities but was a lot cheaper than staying in Hershey Park. The hotel was older but was very clean. This was a good choice for families with younger children. (who tend to be a little louder and more active). The pool was very clean also. My only complaint with the hotel was that the doors did not close completely unless you made an effort to pull them closed. You could walk down the hall and push open the doors of other guests who failed to realize this. And housekeeping also failed to pull the doors shut. But we made a point to double check our locked doors and had no problems. Also, book directly through the Ho Jo website for better deals.

5  Thank Kenton80
Travellers also viewed these Carlisle hotels
Red Roof Inn Carlisle
#1 of 27 in Carlisle
Rodeway Inn
Rodeway Inn
#19 of 27 in Carlisle

Been to Diamond Inn? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about Diamond Inn

Address: 1245 Harrisburg Pike, Carlisle, PA 17013-1621 (Formerly Knights Inn Carlisle)
Region: United States > Pennsylvania > Carlisle
Business Centre with Internet Access Free High Speed Internet ( WiFi ) Free Parking Pets Allowed ( Dog / Pet Friendly ) Suites Wheelchair access
Ranked #25 of 27 Hotels in Carlisle
Price Range: £44 - £85 (Based on Average Rates for a Standard Room)
Hotel Class:2 star — Diamond Inn 2*
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, getaroom.com, Ebookers, Travel Republic (UK), HotelQuickly, Evoline ltd and 5viajes2012 S.L. so you can book your Diamond Inn reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
Howard Johnson Carlisle