“Country Comfort”

Pheasant Field Bed & Breakfast
Ranked #1 of 6 Carlisle B&B and Inns
GreenLeadersGold level
Reviewed 9 June 2012

My husband and I stayed at Pheasant Field to celebrate my birthday. Chuck and Dee were so gracious and friendly. They added special little touches to make my day special. We felt so very comfortable and relaxed. It is a beautiful, well kept property that is pet-friendly. The location was close enough to the highway to make it accessible, yet far enough away to be peaceful. Breakfast was delicious and just enough. We will be back, good Lord willing!

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 2 May 2012

We couldn't have chosen a better place to start our vacation. Having never stayed together at a B&B, Pheasant Field set the bar high! Wonderful hosts, delicious breakfast, beautiful grounds and a gorgeous room.....couldn't ask for more. They also board horses, and accept dogs. A++++ in my book!

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled as a couple
DeeDeMarco, Owner at Pheasant Field Bed & Breakfast, responded to this reviewResponded 9 June 2012

Thank You for the kind words! We love to host "B&B newbies" and always hope that, after a stay at Pheasant FIeld B&B, they will be willing to stay at other B&Bs! Sounds like we did our "job" well! Thank you for trying a B&B -- AKA: "...a better way to stay..."

Reviewed 4 April 2012

This is my second visit to Pheasant Field, and it feels like home. Beautiful surroundings, comfortable bed, and comfortable innkeepers make this one of my favorites in this area.

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled on business
Reviewed 11 February 2012

Great place to stay while researching family history in the area. Easy access to the surronding points of history plus just a great place to stay.

Room Tip: Easy access to some rooms for those who have trouble with steps
  • Stayed: August 2011, travelled with family
1  Thank Joe N
Reviewed 25 November 2011

My husband and I chose the Pheasant Field B&B as the location for our elopement. We could not have made a better choice! The Innkeeper, Dee, went above and beyond to make our stay there extra special. She worked with my mom to plan several surprises, she arranged for us to have the most delicious wedding cake, and made reservations to a delicious restaurant. Our suite at the B&B was beyond wonderful and comfortable! You have to see it to believe it! The breakfasts were out of this world. Dee made our wedding weekend so special and we will cherish our memories forever! We will definitely be going back to the Pheasant Field B&B!!!

• Stayed: November 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 11 November 2011

My husband & I booked a room through the B&B For Vets program in which participating B&Bs give a free nights stay to veterans. When we saw how beautiful the house and grounds were, we were so glad that we had decided to book an extra nights stay. The inn is in a perfect country setting, with a barn dating back to the 1700s. Chuck, the innkeeper, took us on a tour of the barn and even let me feed one of the horses an apple. The room was attractive, clean and had modern amenties, such as free wi-fi. Dee's oatmeal pancakes were delicious and we had a delightful meal at an area retaurant that they recommended. Dee even called for reservations for us. It was such a relaxing stay that we plan on returning when the weather is warmer. Thank you, Chuck and Dee, for your generosity and hospitality.

• Stayed: November 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Travelinglibrarian54
DeeDeMarco, Owner at Pheasant Field Bed & Breakfast, responded to this reviewResponded 23 November 2011

Thank YOU for serving our country!
We are so pleased that you were comfortable, felt well fed, and enjoyed our little farm. We look forward to the opportunity to serve you again sometime.

Reviewed 5 November 2011

I had the pleasure of staying two nights at Pheasant Field; Dee and Chuck the innkeepers are awesome, and their home is lovely---the grounds are beautifully kept, and you feel like you are in your own home. I have to admit that my work kept me from enjoying the hot breakfast, which smelled delicious, but the coffee is hot, there are snacks and drinks for the taking during the day. A great place to place to relax with comfortable beds, and lots of hot water for showers.

• Stayed: November 2011, travelled on business
1  Thank fooddr

Dear San Diego "FoodDr",
Many thanks for your kind comments! We certainly enjoyed visiting with you over coffee; maybe next time you will have a chance to enjoy a "Do Ahead" breakfast special! We hope to be able to host you again sometime.