“Great Hosts, great B & B, great area”

Pheasant Field Bed & Breakfast
Ranked #1 of 6 Carlisle B&B and Inns
GreenLeadersGold level
Danbury, Connecticut
“Great Hosts, great B & B, great area”
Reviewed 12 June 2013

My wife and I had stayed at Pheasant Field B & B for one night several years ago and finally had the opportunity to return; this time for three nights. Chuck and Dee were once again excellent hosts. They truly want to make every guest feel welcome and unlike some B & B's are very considerate of your schedule and any specific needs. We again stayed in the Lady Amherst room and it was perfect. This time we had time to walk the grounds and really enjoyed the beauty of the property and the landscaping. This time I also had the opportunity to fulfill a long time dream-learn to fly fish. Chuck had recommended Tom's Fly Fishing Service and my wife and I spent a day with Tom. It was an excellent experience and I will definitely be back to enjoy Pheasant Field and more fly fishing. I would strongly suggest that any guest ask Chuck and Dee for recommendations for restaurants and sites to see. If you like history you'll love the area. The Inn is historic yet updated to make your stay a comfortable experience. By the way, the breakfasts are wonderful. My wife and I really love Pheasant Field.

Room Tip: Lady Amherst is a great room and on the first floor.
1 Thank Roger K

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (46)
Little Egg Harbor, NJ
Reviewed 27 May 2013

My wife and I thoroughly and enjoyed our four day getaway at Chuck and Dee' s Pheasant Field Bed & Breakfast.I went to trout fish the many spring creeks the area is so famous for and my wife tagged along to shop for treasures in the local antique shops. Besides the awesome breakfasts, beautiful serene surroundings and immaculate and spacious room what made the Pheasant Field Bed & stand out from all the Bed and Breakfast establishments we have stayed in past years was the the inn keepers. Chuck and Dee are consummate professionals in the "science" of running an inn but more importantly professionals in the "art" of Inn keeping.They took the time to thoroughly get to know and understand both of us and why we came to the area in a warm and engaging manner. The first day I was fishing alone and Dee asked if I wanted an early breakfast and to name the time I said 6:30 am and she didn't bat an eye telling me her planned menu and if it was ok and be sure to let her know if I had any dietary restrictions and she would see me at 6:30. My wife on the other hand wanted to sleep in and she said 9:30 am. Chuck was aware that I took the car fishing offered to drive my wife into the town of Carlisle and pick her back up when she was through with her shopping. Talk about accommodating and going the extra mile for us.The following day I fished with a guide and my wife had the car and after breakfast she was given a list and directions along with a run down on all the antique establishments in the area.That evening we went out to dinner at a great restaurant Dee recommended and just as we pulled in to the Inn parking area the sky's opened up and the rain came down. Of course we didn't have an umbrella so we sat there waiting for a break in the weather when Dee magically appeared with an umbrella to rescue us us. Our entire stay was punctuated with one positive customer service experience after another. Thank you Chuck and Dee for a most enjoyable stay. We will be back in the fall.

3 Thank Bill P
Pennsylvania
Reviewed 26 May 2013

My wife and I stayed the Pheasant Field B&B for our goddaughter's wedding (Memorial Day weekend). There are not enough good things to say about Dee, Chuck and the entire experience. The owners were welcoming, extremely helpful with preparations for the wedding and the breakfast was hot, fresh and delightful.

Dee and Chuck were the perfect hosts for a destination wedding.

• Stayed May 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank Travel_Relaxing
Dee F, Owner at Pheasant Field Bed & Breakfast, responded to this review, 29 May 2013
We were very pleased to be a part of this beautiful event! Thank you for your kind words. I think we enjoyed the weekend just as much as you did!
Eagleville, Pennsylvania
Reviewed 7 May 2013

Dee welcomed us as soon as we stepped out of our car. She gave us the 5 star tour, and took us to our room. My wife is a teacher, and this was a relaxing getaway before the end of school year rush. BOY did we pick the right place. It was a couple minute drive from Boiler Springs, it's history and great places to eat. We also took our trusty dog along for our trip, he loved sitting by the pond and watching the ducks and geese. The room was spotless, the breakfast are to die for, and the grounds are immaculate. Our dog Patches even made a new friend, one of the beautiful horses who were staying the night. My wife said she didn't want to leave, and I gave the only compliment I could when I said we will be back. Dee and Chuck, thank you very much.

Room Tip: The Pet-sylvania room is ideal for traveling with your pet. Private entrance, and the pet play area...
1 Thank Robert G
Thank you so much for the perfect compliment: "we will be back". That and telling your friends are the very best rewards about our efforts.
Great pictures of the "babies" at the pond and Patches with her new horsey friend!
Keep us in mind for the last getaway before school starts too!
Hamlin NY
Reviewed 7 May 2013

Dee and Chuck are the perfect hosts while staying at their outstanding B&B. We stayed on Friday for one night and then came back on Sunday after a visit with relatives in VA. We were traveling with our two dogs and Chuck and Dee welcomed us with open arms complete with treats for the dogs. Their B&B is just beautiful. We stayed in the Boxwood Cottage and it was complete with everything we needed. It was immaculate. By the time we left on Monday, it was like leaving family behind--they made us feel so welcomed. We definitely will be back!!! Dee and Chuck, thanks for making our visit so very special.

• Stayed May 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank Lalka10301
We really enjoy having "fur kids" stay with us. It's a wonderful way for us to get our "dog fix"!
The treats for the dogs are just one way to welcome them as well as their owners.
We look forward to hosting you again in the future.
Westerly, Rhode Island
Reviewed 2 May 2013

My wife, our Portuguese Water Dog, and I have stayed with Dee and Chuck on our way from RI to WVA for our Thanksgiving Reunions since 2010, enjoying their hospitality, their immaculate rooms, and their downright happy attitude toward the pets that accompany their guests. Pheasant Field is located down a very pretty country lane with easy access to other safe roads for walking. There is a stretch of the Appalachian Trail nearby, so guests and their dogs have plenty of good choices for exercise. I haven't even gotten to Dee's French Toast and Oatmeal Pancakes, or to how nice it is to see the visiting horses--last year they were Icelandic Horses--that like this B&B as much as people do. It's a wonderful place.

Stayed November 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank jack961
Dee F, Owner at Pheasant Field Bed & Breakfast, responded to this review, 4 May 2013
Thank you so much for the kind words! We do enjoy hosting canine and equine guests who come along with their masters/owners. That's how we now get our "dog fix"!
We make every effort to make all of guests comfortable - we are so glad you enjoy your stops here in the Carlisle area.
Thanks again!
Dee & Chuck
Houston
Reviewed 21 April 2013

Beautiful property for exploring, nice room, friendly owners and delicious breakfast (fresh strawberries, sausage and spiced buttermilk pancakes!). Overall great attention to all the details. We highly recommend the Pheasant Field.

Stayed April 2013, travelled as a couple
Dee F, Owner at Pheasant Field Bed & Breakfast, responded to this review, 23 April 2013
We are so pleased that you enjoyed your stay at Pheasant FIeld B&B! Thanks for the kind words on our B&B, the breakfast, and our hospitality. We enjoyed having you stay with us just as much as you enjoyed being here!
We hope to see you again sometime int he future.