“Great extended stay at cottage”

Pheasant Field Bed & Breakfast
Ranked #1 of 6 Carlisle B&B and Inns
GreenLeadersGold level
Memphis
“Great extended stay at cottage”
Reviewed 16 November 2013

We stayed in the cottage for a month. Robin and Kit were very accomodating hosts. They gave us plenty of space and were great with our teens and our overzealous lab. The surroundings are beautiful and well maintained. The cottage was comfortable and clean. The view of the horses and their dog, Rehab were added bonuses! Thanks for everything!

Steve and Lisa

• Stayed August 2013
Kit S, Manager at Pheasant Field Bed & Breakfast, responded to this review, 26 January 2014
Thank you for the wonderful review. It was our pleasure to assist you during your transition into the beautiful Carlisle area. We are happy that you are now boarding your horse with us.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (44)
Washington DC, District of Columbia
Reviewed 9 November 2013

We really enjoyed our stay at Pheasant Field Bed & Breakfast – what a beautiful B&B! It was a great way to celebrate our anniversary. Lovely gardens and spacious room – and very comfy and cozy bed. We felt very welcomed by the friendly owners. We had a gas fireplace in our room and it was very relaxing. The house is beautiful and historic – and they have a great main fireplace in the living room too. The breakfast was delicious! The B&B is located in a beautiful area near farms and orchards, and the setting is serine with horses outside and a picturesque pond across the way. The autumn leaves were gorgeous colors too. The nearby town of Boiling Springs was very quaint and has a great pub and cute little coffee shop (with delicious cupcakes!). We really enjoyed our stay and highly recommend Pheasant Field Bed & Breakfast.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple
We are so happy that you had a warm and relaxing stay with us during your anniversary weekend. Thank you for your very nice review and we hope to see you again soon.
Greenfield, Massachusetts
Reviewed 14 October 2013

A big thanks to Kit and Robin for welcoming us into their lovely inn. I recently stayed with them on my way to and from horse/mule camp in SW VA. Before my return trip, I emailed them to see if I could get a stall for Josie instead of the reserved paddock. They had both waiting for us upon our arrival. I will stay with them every time we travel along I-81 from VT to VA. The paddock with run-in shed is fabulous for equine that have been on the trailer all day. All humans and horses will be happy here for sure!

• Stayed October 2013, travelled solo
Newtown, Pennsylvania
Reviewed 9 October 2013

We stopped here as the last stop on our fall vacation. What a wonderful location, great hosts (Robin, Kit, Rehab), very clean, comfortable and attractive accommodations, and a perfectly prepared breakfast with a great conversation with our hosts.
To Rehab: you should be commended on your choice of owners...you got it right this time! :)
Jim & Kathy

• Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
Boston, Massachusetts
Reviewed 12 September 2013

Attended a wedding at Pheasant Field. The wedding and the reception went off without a hitch. Everyone had a good time, the staff was friendly and on top of everything. Morning after brunch was delicious and all made on the premesis. I would highly recommend Pheasant Field Bed & Breakfast to anyone considering staying in the area. Very warm and inviting surroundings and atmosphere.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank GarretLyter
Columbus, ga
Reviewed 8 September 2013

I stayed one night in Carlisle while traveling south with my horse. My hosts at Pheasant Field were very accommodating for the special needs of my mare. I move every three months or so (I'm a traveling nurse) and my horse goes with me. As such, I have to find places that will accommodate her as well. I have stayed in numerous locations but have never been so happy that I write a review. I will DEFINATELY be staying here again the next time I am traveling in Penn.

Shelly R., RN, BSN

• Stayed September 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank Columbus_Nurse
Danbury, Connecticut
Reviewed 12 June 2013

My wife and I had stayed at Pheasant Field B & B for one night several years ago and finally had the opportunity to return; this time for three nights. Chuck and Dee were once again excellent hosts. They truly want to make every guest feel welcome and unlike some B & B's are very considerate of your schedule and any specific needs. We again stayed in the Lady Amherst room and it was perfect. This time we had time to walk the grounds and really enjoyed the beauty of the property and the landscaping. This time I also had the opportunity to fulfill a long time dream-learn to fly fish. Chuck had recommended Tom's Fly Fishing Service and my wife and I spent a day with Tom. It was an excellent experience and I will definitely be back to enjoy Pheasant Field and more fly fishing. I would strongly suggest that any guest ask Chuck and Dee for recommendations for restaurants and sites to see. If you like history you'll love the area. The Inn is historic yet updated to make your stay a comfortable experience. By the way, the breakfasts are wonderful. My wife and I really love Pheasant Field.

Room Tip: Lady Amherst is a great room and on the first floor.