“Peaceful retreat”

GreenLeadersGold level
Greensboro, North Carolina
“Peaceful retreat”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 July 2014

Robin and Kitty are relatively new owners (1 year) of this long-standing B&B in a lovely old rural home. The delicious egg frittata was made with eggs from their own chickens. We stayed in the Appalachian room which was lovely and comfortable. Main greeter is indeed Rehab the dog who treats everyone like his best friend ever. There are lovely areas to walk in with a beautifully landscaped pond and labyrinth (which taught us to be mindful of where we step - goose poop everywhere!). We highly recommend stopping here!

Green Features: There is a strong environmental ethos here, with filtered well-water and ultra-violet treatment of the water.
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (43)
Pennsylvania
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 July 2014

I recently stayed at Pheasant Field while attending a training locally. I could not have been happier with the decision to stay at this bed and breakfast. Robin and Kit greeted me warmly upon my arrival and Robin gave me a quick tour and brief history of the residence. I immediately felt "at home" unlike how I feel when I stay in "chain" hotels. The property has it all, clean comfortable rooms, wide open spaces, a beautiful pond, and a labyrinth that can be used for meditation. But the beds are a dream! The next morning when I walked into the kitchen I started to say to Kit "Oh, my gosh, I just love the.." and she completed the sentence with "sheets". The sheets they use on their beds are the softest I have ever felt. Apparently Kit hears this frequently and offered to buy a set from their suppliers which I jumped at!
Robin was also very helpful in suggesting places for dinner and even squeezed in a reservation at the local pub for my husband and I on the busiest weekend in Carlisle.
If you are ever in the area, or just want to visit one of the best Bed & Breakfast's on the east coast, stop here! You will not be disappointed!

• Stayed July 2014, travelled on business
New York
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 July 2014

My husband and I had a wonderful stay at Pheasant Field while visiting Dickinson College and Gettysburg. We splurged on the Luxury Suite which lived up to its name: large, beautifully furnished, and comfortable. Hosts Kit and Robin were super, very welcoming and helpful. I'm not much of a dog person, but Rehab is quiet and sweet.

I will never forget our breakfast. The blueberry scones awaiting us at the table were the best scones I've ever tasted -- light and lovely. Every guest then has a choice of sweet or savory. My husband's pancakes (sweet) were delicious but my quiche (savory) was even better. Again, probably the best slice of quiche I've ever had. Kit is truly a brilliant baker. I don't know how she and Robin stay so trim!

I wish we could have stayed longer, but hope to return.

CT
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 July 2014

We stayed here when we dropped our daughter for dance camp. Kit was lovely and couldn't be more helpful with suggestions for dinner and showing us our cosy room. Breakfast before we left was absolutely delicious and we felt so welcome and comfortable. We stayed in the Country Comfort room. Will definitely return next year if our girl goes back to the same camp. B&B is out in the country, but only a few minutes from town.

Fairfield, Connecticut
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 June 2014

We were travelling across Penn and decided to skip the chain hotels and treat ourselves to a something special. What a great decision that was. The whole visit just couldn't have been better. The love and respect that our hosts (Kit and Robin) obviously have for each other spilled over not only to their lovely house and grounds but to their guests. We ended up staying longer than we had planned to get a little history lesson about the grounds and especially the huge pre-Civil War barn. Again this place gets our highest recommendation and I know where we will be staying the next time we are in central Penn.

1 Thank Timothy J
West Fargo, North Dakota
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 June 2014

I'm staying here for business and this is just an extraordinary place. I was immediately greeted by Rob, who very quickly introduced me to his wife Kitty and their dog Rehab. The moment you walk in you feel absolutely comfortable. I've stayed at B&B's across the world and Rob & Kitty have a knack of instantly making you feel "so at home". The location is beautiful, and the scenery is exquisite. Kitty instantly asked me about food allergies and what time breakfast would be the most convenient, they are so focused on details she even requested how I like my coffee. The house is so quaint and comfortable! It's a "must stay" place!

The rooms are meticulous. I stayed in the Pheasant Dreams room and the size was perfect with a nice size bathroom. It did not have a bathtub, but that was fine by me, but if you want that you may want a different room. The beds are perfect!!! Highly recommend this place!

• Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
Mill Valley, California
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 May 2014

Our family stayed here in order to attend our son's college graduation, and we thoroughly enjoyed our visit. Our two rooms were charmingly decorated, comfortable and clean. Our hosts, Kit and Robin (and Rehab, their dog), exude graciousness - and made us feel completely welcome. Our breakfasts were absolutely delicious, and included a choice of homemade, healthy baked goods and main dishes. A basket of complementary fruits and snacks were kept on a sideboard for guests to help themselves. Although our time on the property was limited, we were able to enjoy the labyrinth and pond, and to see unique parts of this historic house.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
Kit and Robin S, Owner at Pheasant Field Bed & Breakfast, responded to this review, 31 May 2014
We really enjoy hosting our Dickinson College families, and we're glad you found your stay at Pheasant Field B&B an enjoyable one. We always provide our guests yummy breakfasts and surprise them with extra treats all day. It's rewarding to know our guests choose to stay with us each time they come to Dickinson College, and although your son has graduated, we hope to see you on a future visit to our area! Thank you for your kind review!