“Decent Breafast, Your Experience May Differ Cheap!” 3 of 5 bubbles

Cuisines: Diner
Good for: Cheap Eats, Child-friendly
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Dinner, Brunch, Seating, Takeout, Waitstaff
Newville, Pennsylvania
“Decent Breafast, Your Experience May Differ Cheap!”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 July 2013

Note that this is a cash only establishment.

Located right next to the entrance for Rt 81 south I have passed this place for years without stopping. It is an older building that you could almost even call shabby. After I ate here I checked the web on their inspection and violations history and did not find anything alarming.

I stopped in for breakfast. The clientele seem mostly to be older retired locals with most people being on a first name basis. They do have a special board but I ordered off the menu. Their omelets come standard with toast, home fries are a side but the price of the omelet reflects that. I ordered a hot sausage omelet, no home fries, which arrived quickly. The presentation surprised me a bit as it was a large amount of egg, must have been ex-large eggs, with a tomato based sauce with sausage, peppers and onions ladled on top. It was not very hot sausage, but it was very tasty. The coffee was excellent, I just sat and drank several cups after I finished eating while talking with one of the regulars.

During my visit the service was excellent. They only have sugar on the tables so if you use an artificial sweetener you will have to ask for it, they use Sweet 'n Low. Overall a really good place for breakfast for the budget minded consumer.

• Visited July 2013
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles

Boiling Springs, Pennsylvania
“Dirty, Cramped and Cash only.”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 April 2013

I walked in this restaurant, looked around for a minute, and walked out. I was ok with it being cash only, however the dirty floors, and smell from inside was horrible. Not a place to take children or elderly...I would not want them to get sick!

• Visited March 2013
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
pa
“Old, tired but somehow busy?”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 April 2013

A step inside reminds me of my great grandmother's kitchen, if you've never done any upkeep to it since she passed away 25+ years ago. But the place has it's regulars and the food, though very basic, has never given me any intestinal upset...

Have only met friends here for breakfast a couple of times. Given my choice, I'd pick Kim's Creamery or Fay's Country Kitchen for breakfast. That said, this little restaurant has it's regulars- an older crowd- who obviously visit much more often than I do.
Service is friendly, not always quick, but not too slow, either, depending upon the crowd. Prices, however, are super reasonable- probably why there are regulars!

If you're looking for basic breakfast at a great price, visit. But you have been forewarned about the decor! :)

Visited October 2012
Carlisle, Pennsylvania, United States
“Just OK”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 April 2012

The surroundings are sort of dingy, though the food is typical diner and the prices are good

“Good for a local greasy spoon”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 March 2011

Found this thru our GPS on a road trip and dedided to try it. At first I wanted to run for the door, but we stayed. This is your typical greasy spoon/locals diner. The prices were LOW LOW LOW! I got a patty melt and sweet potato fries for $3.95 TOTAL!!! portions were small, but just enough for lunch. Really the food was not too bad...but you must go into it with out any expectations...its just not FANCY food...but for the price and fast service you can't beat it! I would probably stop here for fun again.

• 5 of 5 bubbles