“Worst Thai”

Dining options: Reservations
Carlisle, Pennsylvania
“Worst Thai”
Reviewed 18 February 2013

This place had the worst Thai I've ever had! Having moved from the West Coast to the Carlisle area, I was looking for a new Thai restaurant to satisfy my Thai cravings. I, like alot of people, looked on the internet for a decent place. Amy's came up time and time again with good reviews so we figured we'd give it a shot. I ate from the buffet, while my girlfriend ordered from the menu. Like alot of buffet places, they tone down the spices so as not to upset those that have a milder pallet. I can undestand that, but this food had no flavor at all. The items at the buffet, what little they had, seemed as though they had been sitting there for hours. My girlfriend, like I previously mentioned, ordered from the menu. Another large disappointment! Her food faired no better than mine. I later talked to a co-worker that stated "Amy's use to have really good food a few years ago, but I don't know what happened. Now they suck!" I just wish I had gone to him first before wasting my time and money at Amy's!!!

• Visited April 2012

Newville, Pennsylvania, United States
“Love the food! Wife enjoys the choices.”
Reviewed 23 January 2013

Not a fan of chinese food - too greasy. Thai food is much better! Buffet is good, but fresh made menu items better! All of the curry dishes VERY GOOD! ...give it a try - something different than standard diner, or chain food!

Visited October 2012
Newville, Pennsylvania, United States
“Terrific Authentic Thai”
Reviewed 6 November 2012

Have been there many times for the Lunch Buffet... excellent food, but they don't change
the choices that often. This time, the wife and I went for evening, and ordered off the Menu.
She ordered a Stir-Fry, I ordered the Red Curry. Both were WONDERFUL!
Excellent variety... food has very fresh ingredients,and the aroma and seasonings are great!

• Visited November 2012
Carlisle, Pennsylvania
“Good food”
Reviewed 27 October 2012

The food was good, not great and reasonably priced. I liked the meal I ordered the first time better. The Thai tea is good.

Visited October 2012
“Good for a change”
Reviewed 6 October 2012 via mobile

I'be been to Amy's 4 times so far. The good is ok ( should chose from menu, buffet is poor and is cold). The service is probably the worst. Hosts are very rough and unwelcoming, and need training. Service is always slow. Chicken is s bad choice, very difficult to chew. Also surprizing, many items on the menu are never available. On my last visit, 4 items I chose were not available and I had to make whatever option available. It defeats the purpose of eating out when you're in the mood for certain food. Decor needs major change.