“This is now the White Elephant, and the food is still great”
Review of Amy's Thai Cuisine - CLOSED

Cuisines: Thai
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Pennsylvania
“This is now the White Elephant, and the food is still great”
Reviewed 19 February 2013

My husband and I enjoyed the lunch buffet at Amy's Thai for years so I was a little concerned when the restaurant was sold in December and reopened under new management in January. Several weeks ago, we celebrated our anniversary at the White Elephant, and I was very happy to learn that the buffet is still excellent. The modest changes to the decor that the new owners have made are pleasant, too. This will continue to be our go-to restaurant for special occasions.

• Visited January 2013

Carlisle, Pennsylvania
“Worst Thai”
Reviewed 18 February 2013

This place had the worst Thai I've ever had! Having moved from the West Coast to the Carlisle area, I was looking for a new Thai restaurant to satisfy my Thai cravings. I, like alot of people, looked on the internet for a decent place. Amy's came up time and time again with good reviews so we figured we'd give it a shot. I ate from the buffet, while my girlfriend ordered from the menu. Like alot of buffet places, they tone down the spices so as not to upset those that have a milder pallet. I can undestand that, but this food had no flavor at all. The items at the buffet, what little they had, seemed as though they had been sitting there for hours. My girlfriend, like I previously mentioned, ordered from the menu. Another large disappointment! Her food faired no better than mine. I later talked to a co-worker that stated "Amy's use to have really good food a few years ago, but I don't know what happened. Now they suck!" I just wish I had gone to him first before wasting my time and money at Amy's!!!

• Visited April 2012
Newville, Pennsylvania, United States
“Love the food! Wife enjoys the choices.”
Reviewed 23 January 2013

Not a fan of chinese food - too greasy. Thai food is much better! Buffet is good, but fresh made menu items better! All of the curry dishes VERY GOOD! ...give it a try - something different than standard diner, or chain food!

Visited October 2012
Newville, Pennsylvania, United States
“Terrific Authentic Thai”
Reviewed 6 November 2012

Have been there many times for the Lunch Buffet... excellent food, but they don't change
the choices that often. This time, the wife and I went for evening, and ordered off the Menu.
She ordered a Stir-Fry, I ordered the Red Curry. Both were WONDERFUL!
Excellent variety... food has very fresh ingredients,and the aroma and seasonings are great!

• Visited November 2012
Carlisle, Pennsylvania
“Good food”
Reviewed 27 October 2012

The food was good, not great and reasonably priced. I liked the meal I ordered the first time better. The Thai tea is good.

Visited October 2012