“Good Reuben”

Cuisines: Mexican
PA
“Good Reuben”
Reviewed 9 May 2013

On Monday, May 6, 2013 at 8pm, four friends and I had a quick casual dinner at The Scalles Restaurant, after golf at Mayapple Golf Club. I had a good Reuben with a pickle and potato chips ($6.85) and a medium chocolate milk ($1.85). We shared good onion rings ($2.85). My friends enjoyed their salads. The waitress was friendly and remembered my friends' drink orders from last year's golf season. On other occasions, my young granddaughters liked the food at Scalles. I often take-out a sandwich and baked potato from Scalles (717 245-0099 phone).

• Visited May 2013

Shippensburg, Pennsylvania
“Not really worth it”
Reviewed 21 April 2013

We really don't go to Scales anymore. I forgot to write about our last experience. We used to go about twice a month as the food was good. The service was always not so good, but the food made up for it. As time went on, the food quality fell off as the prices kept climbing. Food prices everywhere have gone up, but Scales started becoming a not good value for the dollar. As you will read in many of my reviews, there are many great places to eat in the Carlisle- Harrisburg, PA corridor. Scales has fallen behind in their quality/value. We now spend our restaurant dollars elsewhere

Visited November 2012
Boiling Springs, Pennsylvania
“yummy food”
Reviewed 23 January 2013

really enjoyed the grilled chicken parm! loved having the option to grill or deep-fry the chicken. the service was fast, and the waitress swayed my decision to try the peanut butter pie - it was worth every calorie i saved by haing the grilled chicken!

Visited June 2012
Jamestown, North Carolina
“still great”
Reviewed 21 October 2012

This was the best food experience on my recent trip back "home" to Carlisle. The taco salad was better than I remembered and there were more choices on the menu. I was quite impressed. The other restaurants that I regard as Carlisle "landmarks" have not been as well kept up.

• Visited October 2012
“Great food”
Reviewed 22 August 2012

Wonderful food. Great value. Nice hometown atmosphere. Turkey Reuben & Pattie Melt are great. Lots on the menu to choose from. Would highly recommend when visiting Carlisle Pa