“Great food……not so great hours.”

Mrs Stamm's Delicatessen
Ranked #44 of 168 Restaurants in Carlisle
Cuisines: Delicatessen
Reviewed 7 November 2013

Plus 5 for having such great tasting food.

But minus 1 for having such skimpy hours.

If I could arrange it, I swear I would rent a dump truck, back it up to the front door, and load it up with their macaroni and cheese.

Seriously.

1  Thank Dan B

Reviewed 29 April 2013

In this case, an average rating is a good rating. This is not a four star restaurant but a chicken deli. The fried chicken is very good, the ambiance and service is... well, it is a deli. No frills but good food.

Reviewed 10 April 2013

Mrs. Stamm's fried chicken is wonderful. I'm rating it based on only one visit, but sometimes you just know greatness. We had planned on rotisserie chicken and a side, but the chicken breasts came out of the fryer as we stood there. They were large and juicy looking, so we changed to fried chicken breast and a couple thighs with green beans and a huge pickle. I ordered chicken pot pie in a bowl (chicken & dumplings). I can't remember eating better fried chicken. That alone warranted 5 stars. The green beans were decent and the pickle was old time good. My bowl of chicken pot pie was superb. It would be great on a cool evening.

This ratings based on our first experience and since we'll be going back, I'll report back if my opinion changes. Hard to imagine. It was great.

Reviewed 20 February 2013

My family has eaten at Mrs. Stamm's for decades. The chicken is tender and delicious, the sides are flavorful, and the service is very friendly! Try the coleslaw and half chicken--you can't go wrong.

Reviewed 27 May 2012

Great Chicken is what Mrs. Stamm's is known for. Have been eating the chicken for many years and to this day it still has the same flavor as I remember from many years ago. The chicken is always moist and has that unique taste. This is a must try if you have never had Mrs. Stamm's Chicken. Please do not let the outside appearance of the Delicatessen stop you from trying it. It is what is inside that counts.