“Fried Chicken is Worth the Drive!” 5 of 5 bubbles

Cuisines: American, Delicatessen
Good for: Cheap Eats, Child-friendly
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Seating, Takeout
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Fried Chicken is Worth the Drive!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 August 2014 via mobile

The fried chicken is soooo good. Amazing seasoning, fried just right, crispy/crunchy. I get the 8pc bucket for $14 and change. They also have individual meals with tasty home style sides.

• Visited August 2014

Enola, Pennsylvania
“Good chicken”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 August 2014 via mobile

We came here for lunch and I got the chicken pot pie which was pretty good! A chicken sandwich and chicken tenders were also bought which all looked good. Definitely worth checking out!

Carlisle, Pennsylvania
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Great food……not so great hours.”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 November 2013

Plus 5 for having such great tasting food.

But minus 1 for having such skimpy hours.

If I could arrange it, I swear I would rent a dump truck, back it up to the front door, and load it up with their macaroni and cheese.

Seriously.

• Visited November 2013
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank Dan B
Carlisle, Pennsylvania
“Good Chicken”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 April 2013

In this case, an average rating is a good rating. This is not a four star restaurant but a chicken deli. The fried chicken is very good, the ambiance and service is... well, it is a deli. No frills but good food.

Visited February 2013
Vicenza, Italy
“Best Chicken Place”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 April 2013

Mrs. Stamm's fried chicken is wonderful. I'm rating it based on only one visit, but sometimes you just know greatness. We had planned on rotisserie chicken and a side, but the chicken breasts came out of the fryer as we stood there. They were large and juicy looking, so we changed to fried chicken breast and a couple thighs with green beans and a huge pickle. I ordered chicken pot pie in a bowl (chicken & dumplings). I can't remember eating better fried chicken. That alone warranted 5 stars. The green beans were decent and the pickle was old time good. My bowl of chicken pot pie was superb. It would be great on a cool evening.

This ratings based on our first experience and since we'll be going back, I'll report back if my opinion changes. Hard to imagine. It was great.

• Visited April 2013