“Great food and good bargain”

Miseno Pizza & Ristorante
Ranked #34 of 163 Restaurants in Carlisle
Cuisines: Pizza
Florence, Italy
“Great food and good bargain”
Reviewed 5 November 2012

Miseno's is a good Italian restaurant without any pretensions, but with very good food, and friendly service. The portion sizes are enormous so you may want to order a dish to share, or plan to take home a box with tomorrow's lunch or dinner. I can particularly recommend the Pasta Ala Michaela with penne, chicken, a light tomato sauce and mushrooms. Also the bruschetta which is topped with fresh mozzarella and a sprinkle of parmesan is a great way to start the meal.
The stuffed pizza, with ingredients of your choice is great, and huge.
They carry a good variety of beers, but don't mind if you choose to bring in your own bottle of vino.

• Visited October 2012

Carlisle, Pennsylvania
“Our favorite pizza place. Inexpensive and good.”
Reviewed 27 October 2012

Their bambino pizzas can feed two. They have a large variety of toppings. We usually order their pizzas for our guests and everyone likes the pizza. I like their lemon piccata pasta...but my husband always gets a pizza!

Visited October 2012
Carlisle, Pennsylvania
“Good Food Reasonably Priced”
Reviewed 1 July 2012

Nothing fancy here, but the food is good and the price is right. It's a great place to satisfy your craving for an Italian meal with out breaking the bank.

Visited June 2012
Burlington, Vermont
“just ok”
Reviewed 23 May 2012

We ordered a thick crust veggie pizza. The outside crust was good but it seemed a bit soggy on the top. It was just ok. We wouldn't go back but it was adequate. The waitress was friendly and the staff was professional. It also seemed like it took a long, long time to get our food even though it was quite empty in the restaurant. It must have a busy take out business.

• Visited May 2012
Newville, Pennsylvania
“Miseno or Miseno II, Both Are Close To Each Other”
Reviewed 24 April 2012

As a local I am wondering if possibly some of the reviews are for the address listed above. The restaurant listed above is located between a Chinese place and a Golds gym in an small old shopping center. Miseno II is located at 598 West High Street by the Dickerson College track/football field and both are physically located along Rt 11 and only separated by 0.6miles.

I frequent the address above and have never tried the other restaurant location since it gets a great deal of traffic from the College and I like a little more peace and quiet.

I have been eating here for years and tonight had a great vegetable calzone. The pizza, actually everything I have ever had here has been fantastic and the staff is warm and friendly. Twice I have seen people be a little short on their take out order and the owner let them have the food and told them to stop back when they have the money.

I did not grow up in this area and when we first moved down here we noticed that most pizza places did not have true table service since typically one has to order at the counter and pick a table to sit at.

I would be surprise if you eat here and do not enjoy the food. The interior at this location could use a little sprucing up but I would rather have good food. The last couple of summers they set out a few tables outside for their customers.

• Visited April 2012