“Better experience this year”

Fiddlers Bar & Grille
Ranked #19 of 167 Restaurants in Carlisle
Price range: US$6 - US$27
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Reservations
Description: Enjoy fine dining in a casual atmosphere at our newly remodeled and expanded restaurant. Our beautiful dining room and patio overlook the new pond and driving range at Mayapple Golf Course. Have a cocktail while watching the sunset. Cheer for your favorite team on one of the 8 Big Screen TV's in our sports bar. The NFL Sunday Ticket and ESPN Game plan cover all the games. Off-site cold item Catering, Weddings, Reunions, etc. Call about our pavilion which accommodates large groups.
Reviewed 2 September 2013

We gave Fiddlers another chance, and this time we we very pleased. We made reservations for lunch on Sunday of Labor Day weekend. We were greeted at the door and were served by a friendly and conscientous waitress. The food is good (not gourmet), which is what we expected, and the portions were generous. The experience was so much better than our last time. I definitely have Fiddlers back on my restaurant list for the Carlisle area.

1  Thank TCC55

Reviewed 21 August 2013

We ate on the patio this afternoon. Lovely atmosphere. Service was terrible since today they installed a new computer system without adequate training for the staff. Poor management! But after the wait, my crab cake sandwich arrived. I forgave them for the wait! Absolutely the best I have ever eaten!!!!!! Huge, perfectly seasoned, just enough filler to absorb flavor of seasoning, broiled perfectly. I will go back soon!

2  Thank Bobby-kay47
Reviewed 22 July 2013

We went to Fiddlers for dinner after attending a car show in Carlisle. We all ordered the prime rib and it was the best prime rib I have ever had! It was cooked to perfection and extremely tender! The service was also exceptional and our waitress was wonderful! If we go back to Carlisle next year, we will definitely be going back!

2  Thank Laura3204
Reviewed 2 July 2013

We drove nearly 100 miles east to meet family 1/2 way for Sunday lunch (they also drove nearly 100 miles west).
Fiddlers came highly recommended, by both residents of the area, and those who had visited.
So much for the opinions of others.

As you turn off the main road, there's a sign for Fiddlers - and then there's a sign for the golf clubhouse/Pro Shop.
But NOTHING to indicate Fiddlers is in the same building (witness protection plan?).
We entered to find a BEAUTIFUL décor, with a dining area (separate from the bar) offering spacious and airy seating.
The menu is, quite possibly, the most graphically impressive I've ever seen, with tempting photos of a large variety of the selections.
We were 5 adults, and no 2 of us ordered any similar dishes.
At the end, we had a unanimous consensus - NOTHING we had ordered/eaten rose beyond average in either taste, portion or presentation.
And NOTHING looked ANYTHING like the menu photo.

Prime Rib was the special of the day, and even though it was NOT available any redder than "medium", that was still my choice (med rare would have been my preference).
Medium turned out to have ZERO color in the middle, with charred edges.
Baked potato was VERY over done, dry and tasteless.
French Onion soup arrived with ZERO toasting of the cheese - and was incredibly average (mix?).
EVERYTHING we asked of, or told our waitress had to be explained in minute detail for her to grasp it.

There are NO televisions in the dining area - only in the bar.
EVERY one of them was tuned to the same golf tournament - with perhaps 6 people in the bar area (1 television per patron?).
My request to JUST CHECK IN on the NASCAR race was largely ignored.

Oh - they have a very nice parking lot.

2  Thank rkhawg
Reviewed 23 June 2013

Had dinner at Fiddlers with a group from our club. Eleven of us had dinner on the patio.
The service was very good. Several had the prime rib and it was very good. Some had baby back ribs and were happy with the meaty tender ribs. My wife had the crab cakes and was very impressed. Overall a very pleasant evening with well prepared and reasonably priced meal. And the patio provided a very pleasant gathering place.

1  Thank SAinPA