“Disappointed”

Ranked #18 of 165 Restaurants in Carlisle
Price range: US$6 - US$27
Cuisines: American
Dining options: After-hours, Dinner, Reservations
Description: Enjoy fine dining in a casual atmosphere at our newly remodeled and expanded restaurant. Our beautiful dining room and patio overlook the new pond and driving range at Mayapple Golf Course. Have a cocktail while watching the sunset. Cheer for your favorite team on one of the 8 Big Screen TV's in our sports bar. The NFL Sunday Ticket and ESPN Game plan cover all the games. Off-site cold item Catering, Weddings, Reunions, etc. Call about our pavilion which accommodates large groups.
Reviewed 7 April 2014 via mobile

Took my daughter.granddaughter and myself for a Saturday evening meal..place was empty except for the bar area. Very disappointed in everything. Our server appeared at our table, barely greeted us & didn't offer evening specials..(i over heard another waiter offer these specials to a party who arrived after us. )
I ordered the nachos as an appetizer for us all to share as it was a very big platter..cheese was cold ..sent it bak..waitress returned with the same plate now covered in cheese (still cold) our nachos were drenched and now soagy..cheese was obv watered down. Disgusted I tried to find our server and send it back..she was In a corner hiding on her cell phone. (Second time I found her in this place) she just about apologized & but did have item removed from my bill..by this time I was annoyed & just wanted to leave..was also embarrassed as I had family with me. Mind you the place was empty..Can't even say maybe they were just busy it was an oversight etc...
I then ordered crab stuffed mushrooms..again..disappointed..3 small mushrooms in great filled bowl with abit of crab meat.
I'll never return to this place..

2  Thank mechburgdiner
There are newer reviews for Fiddlers Bar & Grille

Reviewed 15 March 2014

Do not be fooled by the surrounding golf course. Fiddlers has a better menu than most of the restaurants in town. My wife and I have stopped here on multiple occasions and have never had a bad experience. The seafood dishes are fantastic, and I have never had a bad burger either.
Good food. Good service. Wonderful atmosphere.
Not too hungry....Sit at the bar and order some sides.

1  Thank rjfkjf
Reviewed 4 March 2014

Carlisle doesn't have ANY fine dining! That being said if you want are hungry and want a decent meal this is an ok place to go. It is noisy and don't expect to have an intimate dinner. The service is so-so and the food is not consistent but all in all in Carlisle it is not bad.

2  Thank eflow
Reviewed 4 October 2013

We stopped here for dinner with the family and I ordered the tuna steak....I asked for it rare, it came out medium well. The service was lack-luster at best (i.e. they never came back for a water refill until we asked, never offered dessert). Then, to make matters worse it took better than 10 minutes for me to get my check!!!! The experience was poor at best. We tried it...we won't be back.

1  Thank Flyrodtrouter
Reviewed 29 September 2013

Husband and I - and another couple had dinner on a Sunday Night about 7 p.m. Good amount of people and warm and inviting that is, until we were seated next to the patio doors. Every time the door opened I was hit with a blast of icy air. We moved a table over, still a bit of nippy air but not as bad. Do not sit at a table near the patio door in Autumn or Winter. The other couple had the ribs and Chicken Marsala dishes and were satisfied with them, or so they said. Husband had the crusted tuna with the wasabi sauce and enjoyed it. Husband and I shared the appetizer of Coconut Shrimp (6) and we both enjoyed it although husband stated the shrimp were just a bit overdone. The other couple shared the stuffed mushrooms and looked like they were enjoying them. All going great so far except my Cajun Salmon - it is served with an orange cream sauce - I did not see where the cream was in the sauce and to me, served with means a dish on the side or a drizzle maybe - the salmon was swimming in the sauce - it covered the whole plate - the taste of the blackened (it really wasn't blackened) salmon was lost. A suggestion for the chef - serve the baked potato on the plate (it had to be put on a side plate no doubt due to all the sauce) with the squash and give a drizzle or two of the sauce. Also why call it Cajun - it has no resemblance of being Cajun at all unless they're just calling Blackened - Cajun - and again it wasn't really blackened. Other than the gallon of sauce and needing a parka sitting by the door the meal was satisfying and very reasonable.

2  Thank Michelle H