“Good diner food”

Fairgrounds Diner
Ranked #41 of 169 Restaurants in Carlisle
Cuisines: American
Reviewed 17 June 2014

Their busiest time is breakfast and lunch- not so much for dinner. Breakfasts are good and reasonably priced and quick service. If it is a car show day, they rent spaces out for people going across the street and will attempt to accommodate you with parking but you may need to park elsewhere- not happy about that. I don't go there for dinners- service not as good and food average in terms of diner food.

Reviewed 8 April 2013

I love diners for breakfast, but when i go, i want to get in and get out. I've been to several and it seems to take forever to order and get my food. but not at the carlisle diner. I timed it once...3.5 minutes from getting to my seat until I was eating my bacon and eggs. the gals there ask if you want coffee even before you get on the counter stool. the food is hot and tasty! i love this place when i want a good old fashioned diner breakfast.

2  Thank B52Moose
Reviewed 23 January 2013

plenty of good American Diner food.
reasonable prices...large portions
very busy Sat & Sun AM breakfast
complaints: small parking lot, won't allow salad as a side

1  Thank Steve G
Reviewed 10 December 2012

My Wife and I stopped here for breakfast and found the food to be terrible. The wait staff was prompt, friendly and courteous and we were seated right away. My wife ordered the French toast with "fresh strawberries" and I ordered bacon & eggs. We travel a lot and we've experienced different restaurants and this experience was by far the worst ever. The food was terrible, the "fresh strawberries were preserves and had no taste whatsoever. The French Toast seemed as though they were previously frozen and so we felt as though all else was pre frozen except for the eggs. On our way out we saw that it was rated the best of 2012 and was dumbfounded by the review.

2  Thank Kristy S
Reviewed 27 October 2012

We eat there frequently, and there has yet to be something that I want to go back and eat again. But the food is always pleasant, not disappointing, and well priced. Good service, too.