“Little undercooked but good service”

Red Robin Gourmet Burgers
Ranked #36 of 169 Restaurants in Carlisle
Cuisines: American
Reviewed 26 July 2013

My kids love Red Robin so we stopped here on a road trip. Our food was pretty standard Red Robin fare but my buffalo burger was not medium well done. It was brown on the outside but the inside was pink to the edges. My husband said to return it but I didn't want the hassle and just ate around the edges and considered it a way to stick to my diet.
Our waitress, DeJohn, was great. She really was one of the best waitresses we've had in a while. She didn't forget anything, kept refills coming, and was really cheerful.
It was a really quiet Sunday night there but it seemed to take the food a long time to come out. So I don't know what was going on in the kitchen.

Reviewed 15 July 2013

Stopped in Saturday night, went right to a table. Pretzel pieces with cheese dip nice start. Good beer selection. Two of us had burgers, cooked correctly, topped well, very good; one of us had a salad, large, crispy, good amount of chicken, served as requested with dressing on side.
Service was friendly and prompt, special requests were taken and delivered correctly.
I'd go back.

Reviewed 16 March 2013

This was my first visit to a Red Robin. Lunch on a Saturday around noon. The place was not crowded and we were seated immediately. The waitress was pleasant and we were served in a timely manner. The food, chili for me and a burger for my wife, was good - nothing spectacular, but we were satisfied with it.

So why an average review? It's nice to have the server check back to ask, "How is everything," and ours certainly did - about 8 times. So did several other staff - the person who seated us, the manager and 3 or 4 other folks. It seemed that we spent more time saying everything was okay than we did eating. Too much interruption. If they had toned it down I had rated this place as very good.

1  Thank Edd R
Reviewed 23 January 2013

waitress forgot to submit order for appetizer that she recommended - how does one forget an appetizer? there were two people, who each ordered the same burger.... how much easier could the order have been?

Reviewed 20 January 2013

We ate here while traveling on 81N. It is located conveniently close to the interstate and was easy to find. The food was fresh and delicious. I especially enjoyed the bruschetta chicken sandwich, while my husband and daughter loved their burgers. The server was very attentive without hovering. When she went on break, she took time to let us know that another server would be taking over, and made sure that this new person introduced herself and that the transfer of responsibility was smooth and did not affect our service. We would stop here again.

1  Thank Lynda B