“HORRIBLE EXPERIENCE”
Review of Quality Inn

Quality Inn
Ranked #26 of 27 Hotels in Carlisle
Reviewed 26 February 2012

I had the unfortunate experience of staying in this place. The water in the shower was at best warm, but only stayed that way for about two minutes before turning ICE COLD. The heat in the room was so HOT that after about 15 minutes it had to be turned off, even with the thermostat set at the coolest possible setting.

I would NOT stay here again if they PAID ME!!

The final straw was when I received an email apologizing for my experience (I did not complain to the hotel, but to Choice Hotels) and it was addressed to someone else and offered a 10% discount if I would stay there again.

The ONLY GOOD thing I can say about this place was the LADY who checked me in was VERY NICE.

Room Tip: DO NOT stay here!!
  • Stayed: February 2012, travelled on business
1  Thank TomrUsa
qualityinncarlislepa, Webmaster at Quality Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 12 April 2012

Dear Guest,

Thank you for choosing Quality Inn for your recent stay in our area. Thank you for saying that the lady who checked you in was very nice. I would have expected nothing less, but it is always nice to hear.

• The lady who checked you in received our commendation for the courteous manner in which she treated you, our valued guest.

• The lady who checked you in received my personal commendation for the courteous manner in which she treated you, our valued guest.

• Maintenance was informed of the problem you experienced with the water temperature in the shower and instructed to see to any needed repair.

• Maintenance was informed of the problem with the heat/AC in the room assigned to you and instructed to see to any needed repair or replacement.

• The management and choice motels were informed of the email you received with the wrong name on it.

I hope that the next time you visit our area, you will once again choose to stay at Quality Inn. We would love to welcome you back.

There are newer reviews for Quality Inn

Reviewed 12 February 2012

I stayed at this hotel overnight with my family on a long road trip as it was convenient to our route of travel. This hotel is in a highly traveled area near the intersection of several major highways. There is very high semi truck traffic nearby. The property is a bit aged and dated - it needs to be renovated and freshened. Our room was serviceable but could have been much better. Cleanliness wasn't great - just ok. Breakfast was typical and ok. I've stayed at many economy hotels in the Choice Hotels chain and i would rank this property as below average compared to others I've experienced in this same class.

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled with family
1  Thank Keith T

Dear Guest,

Thank you for choosing Quality Inn for your recent stay in our area.

Thank you for giving us a review, it is very much appreciated. While you do not find it to be a top quality hotel, we are pleased that you find it to be ok.

I hope that the next time you visit our area, you will once again choose to stay at Quality Inn. We look forward to welcoming you back.

Reviewed 8 September 2011

The room was clean but needed updating; paint, carpet, etc. Air conditioner barely worked and when it did the fan blew a hurricane even on low. The king bed would have been OK for one person but for two was terrible as it transmitted every move of the other person, like "jello"! Lounge was convenient and the staff was pleasant. Breakfast was OK, real scrambled eggs. I would stay elsewhere for the money.

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled on business
1  Thank PandKSetauket_NY

Dear Guest,

Thank you for choosing Quality Inn for your recent stay in our area.

• Staff received our commendation for the courteous, pleasant way in which they treated you, our valued guests.

• Maintenance was notified of the problem you experienced with the air conditioner in the room assigned to you and instructed to see to any needed repair or replacement.

Reviewed 13 June 2011

I stayed for the Ford National car show. Friday till Sunday. The room was clean, The bathroom could use some repairs like the shower faucet, we also ran out of hot water Saturday morning. The air conditioner worked well. There were no note pads or a pen in the room . I liked the bar, the bartender was very good.
My friend thinks she left 2 articles of clothing behind, she called 2 separate times and spoke to 2 different people. They said they would check and get back to her, but no one ever called. Overall it was a good stay. I would stay there again.

• Stayed: June 2011, travelled with friends
1  Thank randylg
Reviewed 11 June 2011

we enjoy this motel when we are in carlisle . . . the pool is very nice , 24 hour convenience store , gas and diner in walking distance , also the great breakfast

• Stayed: June 2011, travelled with family
3  Thank longdirtroad
Reviewed 22 May 2011

Friendly, effecient, economical ,good service and nice location,

Stayed: April 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 11 February 2011

We needed a place where we could plug a truck in, so it would start in the morning. When I cald, the man at the desk (Sam) was very helpful and assured me they had what we needed.
There was a Diner next door which was very convenient. The price was perfect for our needs. The desk clerk when we checked in later in the day (Autumn) was as helpful as Sam had been on the phone earlier.
There was a problem with the soda, etc. vending machines, and a woman who apeared to work in the Lounge actually offered to go the the convenient store next door to get bottles of soda for us. Instead, I just got two glasses of Sprite, and there was no charge. (We needed thise to take our pills.)
The bed was very comfortable and the complimentary breakfast the next morning had lots of good choices, and got us off to a good start of another day on the road.

• Stayed: February 2011, travelled on business