“Disturbing”

Ranked #25 of 27 Hotels in Carlisle
Johnstown
“Disturbing”
Reviewed 22 January 2013

This was one of our favorites to stay at while visiting Carlise and the surrounding areas. Never, ever again.. We have a little dog named Molly and because the establishment was terrified of our monster dog (Yorkie Terrier) we were placed in the most fartherest end of their hotel possible. Our first room was not acceptable by any means, dirty, dirty bedspreads...Filthy torn sheers on the window. Everything was obviously just not taken care of. We had to go back down to the lobby to request another room. Staff looked at us like OK, but did assign us to another room, back in the same corner, but across the hall. This room not as bad, but not the best either. We should have just checked out at that point. But we were tired from traveling and at this point would have had to drag all the luggage back to vehicle, so we agreed to stay.
Next day went about our way, sightseeing & shoppping and getting back to room around 3:00pm, Door key pass for outside door would not work to let us in. Employees in laundry room seen we were there & could not get in. Showed our door passes. They were afraid of our puppy/finally opened door. Our room passes would not work. Husband once again went back to the lobby, to find out that they reset their room passes every day at 2:00pm (would have been nice to have been informed of this prior evening) for security reasons!!!!! That just did it.

Room Tip: Make sure you are booked at the front of hotel for sure. But I still would not be comfortable in any...
  • Stayed January 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank Donald H
qualityinncarlislepa, Webmaster at Quality Inn, responded to this review, 9 March 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you for choosing Quality Inn for your recent stay in our area.

• Maintenance was informed of the problem you experienced with the bed sheet and windows in the room and instructed to see to its repair or replacement.

• Management has informed about the room passes which was reset without informing you.

I hope that the next time you visit our area; you will once again choose to stay at Quality Inn. I think you will be greatly pleased.

Hotel Manager.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (31)
Charlton, Massachusetts
Reviewed 30 December 2012

My family and I were driving through to NC and we decided to pull off of 81 and stay here for the night. I wouldn't stay at a Quality Inn again due to our experience for our 1 night stay. I ordered a cot b/c one of my kids was sick and didn't want the 2 of them sleeping in same bed. When we set up the cot, I pulled back the blanket and there were cigarette burn holes and stains. It was disgusting. Used our own blankets from our car.
The shower didn't work properly and the water was luke warm. The shower head was all rusted. The vent in the ceiling was hanging by 2 screws.
The breakfast could have been the highlight of our stay, but I needed hot water for my tea. One machine that gave me cold water, even though it was supposed to give hot water. The other jug that said Hot Water, was empty.

Room Tip: Travel down a few more exits and you will find better options for lodging.
  • Stayed December 2012, travelled with family
Dear Guest,

Thank you for choosing Quality Inn for your recent stay in our area.

• Maintenance was informed of the problem you experienced with the Cot, Shower in the room and Tea machine assign to you and instructed to see to its repair or replacement.

Hotel Manager.

Travellers are raving about these Carlisle hotels

massachusetts
Reviewed 10 November 2012

I called the Qualiy Inn in Carlisle Pa to see if they had a restaurant and they said that they did. Upon arrival was told that they had Lounge which was smoking but we needed to go next door to the diner for food. I was upset about the smoking policy and wanted to cancel my reservation but because I had used reward point they could not do so. The Front Desk Clerk was not in the least helpful and indicated that PA is a dry state and that was so no one would drink and drive. She told me that only Olive Garden and Applebees served food and alcohol and made me out to be someone that had a drinking problem. After speaking with a friend that lives in Boiling Spring she told me that as long as a restaurant has a liquior license you can get food and drink. I would not recommend this place. I have worked in the Inn Business and would have never treated a guest like this. I will say that they had an excellent breakfast buffet and the hotel was clean but needs some renovation in the bathroom as the ceiling was stained and had some mildew.

• Stayed November 2012, travelled with family
qualityinncarlislepa, Webmaster at Quality Inn, responded to this review, 27 November 2012
Dear Guest,

Thank you for choosing Quality Inn Carlisle for your recent stay in our area.

Thank you for giving us a review, it is very much appreciated. We are sorry for the bad experience you had. Upon receipt of your review, the following actions were taken:

• The front desk agent received additional training in the courteous, helpful manner in which our valued guests are to be treated.

• Maintenance was informed of the problems you experienced and instructed to take required action.

• Thank you for your valuable feedback for breakfast and cleanliness.

• The maintenance staff was instructed to check regarding bathroom and see to it that it received repairs if needed.

I hope that the next time you visit our area; you will once again choose to stay at Quality Inn Carlisle. We take our reviews very seriously, and I think you will be greatly pleased.

mass
Reviewed 5 November 2012

Room is clean. Staff is very friendly. I stay here because I have a car trailer and truck and they have easy access parking. Great breakfast. All rooms have either a blacony or a patio for fresh air. Subway next store and hotel has a bar. Not the Ritz Carlton, but its safe and clean and friendly staff

• Stayed November 2012, travelled solo
Williamston, South Carolina
Reviewed 2 November 2012 via mobile

Great location for quick stay. not to chep. Has an good bar and food next door was good. Our room was nosmoking but smelled smoke both times i stay. Has big truck and rv parking. The free breakfest was good for free food.

• Stayed October 2012
qualityinncarlislepa, Webmaster at Quality Inn, responded to this review, 10 November 2012
Dear Guest,

Thanks for choosing the Quality Inn during your recent visit to our area.

We appreciate you for the review and also take it seriously towards improvement.

It is heartening to note that you liked the location and also for appreciating the bar, the food and parking area.

Your other observations related to the smell of smoke in non smoking rooms have been taken care of and you shall not experience again.

We hope that you will surely choose the La Quinta once again and have a new experience.

Washington DC, District of Columbia
Reviewed 27 August 2012

We spent a night here for Corvette Carlisle when prices were very high all over town. The room was clean, but definitely in need of updating and renovation. The linens were bare and I requested newer pillow cases. There were no pillow covers between the old pillows and the case which was thread bare and discolored. The newer ones requested were much better. Sheets were very thin. The towels were very thin but the newer ones they brought were much better.
I noticed the dresser drawers don't close and the paint was chipped in the bathroom and rusted. It was OK for a night but I recommend wearing flip flops in the room.
The breakfast was fairly good, but ran out of danish. Eggs were hard. They had a variety of things for breakfast, so really can't complain, but by 9:30, food was not very fresh.

Room Tip: Request newer linens if those you get are thin and stained.
  • Stayed August 2012, travelled as a couple
Southold, New York
Reviewed 7 August 2012

I stayed here for 2 days-First impression walking into the room was that it had not been updated in 20 + years- The bedspreads were a mustard color and overall room looked dingy. The bathroom had a stain on the floor from the sink leaking,shower grout was missing,cracked or black stained and no exhaust fan. The soda machines were not properly stocked and when you pushed the button for what you wanted something different came out. With this being said- The room was not worth the money we paid for it- The Motel 6 down the road was only $75/ night and from what my friends tell me was nicer then the Quality Inn. The only plus side to my stay is that the 2 ladies who worked the front desk were very nice & as helpful as they could be.

• Stayed August 2012, travelled with friends
qualityinncarlislepa, Webmaster at Quality Inn, responded to this review, 24 August 2012
Dear Guest,

Thank you for choosing Quality Inn Carlise for your recent stay in our area.

• The housekeeping staff received extra training in regards to the level of cleanliness which we expect them to maintain in cleaning our rooms.

• Maintenance was instructed to make sure that the shower was working in the room which you occupied. They also received additional training in the matter of seeing to it that all facilities are in proper working order and clean.

I hope that the next time you visit our area; you will once again choose to stay at Quality Inn Carlise. I think you will be greatly pleased.