“Very rude manager.”

Ranked #24 of 26 Hotels in Carlisle
Ithaca,NY
“Very rude manager.”
Reviewed 18 September 2009

When calling for a cancellation the manager was rude.

• Stayed September 2009, travelled with friends
1 Thank sntder
qualityinncarlislepa, Webmaster at Quality Inn, responded to this review, 12 April 2012
Dear sntder,

Thank you for your recent intention to stay at Quality Inn. I am sorry that you found it necessary to cancel and I hope that you will stay with us sometime in the future.

• The manager received additional training in the courteous way in which we treat our valued guests and potential guests.

I hope that at sometime in the future, you will again attempt to stay at Quality Inn. We look forward to welcoming you here.

Hotel Manager.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (30)
New York
Reviewed 18 July 2009

travelled for the car show and found this hotel convenient and good for my trip. Service was very good and people were freindly and helpful. I would definetely try to stay there next time around. It is at a very good location, closer to other amenities.

• Stayed July 2009, travelled solo
1 Thank solotraveler111
North Carolina
Reviewed 26 April 2009

This hotel is superbly located at the junction of the Pennsylvania Turnpike and Interstate 81. That's the only good thing I can say about it. The stench of urine is powerful and pervasive, in the lobby and hallways as well as in the rooms. Ugh! The carpet in the room was damp and squishy with God-only-knows what. Ugh! Both beds had dirty sheets and pillowcases, obviously not changed since the previous tenant -- if not a succession of tenants. The bathroom had two towels on the floor, obviously used, and only one unused towel on the rack. The sink was scummy and there was poo on the toilet, which had not been flushed. Ugh! There was a silverfish in the bathtub. Ugh! When I called the character at the front desk, he got belligerent with his nasty virtually illiterate mouth. He wouldn't cancel my reservation, and charged me for the night even though I left a half-hour after checking in. I had to contact my credit card company to get the rip-off cancelled. This vile pesthole should be inspected for sanitary violations, shut down, and demolished.

• Stayed April 2009, travelled solo
Dear Guest,

Thank you for choosing Quality Inn for your recent stay in our area. I am so sorry it did not turn out to be the pleasant experience you had anticipated.

Upon receipt of your review, the following steps were taken:

• The person working at the front desk received additional training in the courteous manner in which we treat our valued guests.

• Maintenance was notified of your report of silverfish in the bathtub and instructed to see to any necessary extermination.

I hope that the next time you visit our area, you will once again choose to stay at Quality Inn. We take our reviews very seriously, and I think you will be greatly pleased.

Hotel Manager.

Travellers are raving about these Carlisle hotels

Massachusetts
Reviewed 18 July 2008

Pros- Convenient location right off of the highway, and next to a convenience sore/gas station, so it makes for an easier time getting back on the road the next day. The room was clean. There was an additional sink right outside of the bathroom, which was convenient. Hotel was quiet during the stay. Front desk staff friendly and efficient.

Cons - King-sized bed was pushed up against the wall on one side (so a little hard to get in and out). The design of the building appears to be older, which isn't a negative in itself, BUT there was a definite lingering cigarette/stale smell through out the place.

In all, no major problems.

• Liked — Quiet stay, convenient location
  • Disliked — "Old" smell
  • Stayed April 2008
Dear Guest,

Thank you for choosing Quality Inn for your recent stay in our area. I am glad that you found the location to be a good one.

• Housekeeping received our commendation for the level of cleanliness they maintain as our employees.

• Desk staff received our commendation for the courteous, friendly, efficient way in which they treated you, our valued guests.

I hope that the next time you visit our area, you will once again choose to stay at Quality Inn. We look forward to welcoming you back.

Durham, North Carolina
Reviewed 3 July 2008

I started staying at this hotel after reading a very good review on TripAdvisor. As a senior couple with a small dog, my husband & I have encountered alot of difficulty finding a clean hotel allowing pets, and costing less than $100. per night. Numerous times we have stayed at this hotel, being very pleased with the location, price, and condition of room. The most recent stay before this one was on April 12, with no problems. This time when I checked us in I was told that the hotel had a new owner and now all people traveling with a pet had to stay in one of several rooms located in a certain area of the hotel, not where we had always stayed in the past. I asked if the room would be as nice as the ones we always had before and the clerk answered that we would be next to the pool. We always stay just one night on our way to visit family in the South and we were not interested at all in the pool. As I was afraid, the room we had was not maintained nearly as well as the ones in the past. These rooms have a sliding glass door that opens onto a tiny patio which has always been convenient for taking the dog out. This time our "patio" was surrounded by overgrown weeds and had a used paper coffee cup filled with cigarette butts awaiting us. I do not understand why hotel owners think that people traveling with pets deserve nasty hotel rooms and it is very frustrating and discouraging finding a clean room without paying over $100. & $50-$150 extra just for having the pet along. Not all pet owners are careless, dirty people!!!!!!!!

• Liked — hotel located near I-81 south
  • Disliked — condition & location of room
  • Stayed June 2008, travelled with family
1 Thank Peanutsmom
Dear Guest,

Thank you for choosing Quality Inn for your recent stay in our area. I am sorry that you feel that the change in ownership has led to a downgrade in the pleasant stay you anticipated from past stays.

• The new owners were approached concerning your opinion as long time valued guests.

Winchester, Virginia
Reviewed 6 May 2008

If I hadn't reserved ahead of time, we wouldn't have stopped at this unappealing cinder block building with a large sign advertising a lounge. Once inside, though, the desk clerk was very helpful. The room was very clean, and we were able to adjust the heat to our comfort level. The heating unit had a rather loud fan; however, it helped to mask noise from the highway, so that wasn't a bad thing. The iron, coffee maker, TV and balcony were all usable, and the shampoo, etc in the bathroom were good quality. The bed was firm and comfortable, though my room didn't have the mint that someone else mentioned in their review. The shower curtain was hard to keep inside the tub, and I ended up having to mop up water. We weren't ready to eat a large meal before hitting the road, and it was nice to find some good quality portable items on the breakfast buffet. Altogether an OK stop.

• Liked — cleanliness of the room
  • Disliked — road noise
  • Stayed April 2008, travelled as a couple
atlanta
Reviewed 5 May 2008

We stayed here for 3 nights this month while looking at homes. While I agree with the reviewer about the breakfast room, was very nice, our sleeping room was alright. WE had a king non smoking, #146. We asked for a room on the first floor and near and exit since we had a dog to take out. They did accomadate our request. The room as small but our parents had a room upstairs w/ 2 doubles and there room was much larger. had the sink out side the room which ours did not.
This hotel could use a good scrubbing and some tlc outdoors but not bad. They are pet friendly which was important to us and the lounge has $1 drafts during happy hour! Lots of outside noise due to the highway and TONS of trucks exiting but turning o the ac at night helped that problem. The young girl at the front desk who checked us in was extremely rude and unprofessional. I chaulk it up to her her age, couldn't have been much out of high school. However, the rest of the staff was very nice. The Sleep Inn on the other side of town is a bit nicer if you have the choice.

• Stayed May 2008, travelled as a couple